ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO Correspondence email: Technical Error in Accessing Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrz92
Newly Registered
India

ILR (5 Yr Route with Spouse Visa)

Post by mrz92 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:14 pm

I am due to apply for ILR through the spouse visa - completing 5 Years by end of Dec 23. I have a couple of queries,

Financial Requirements
1. Do I need to show my sponsor's (spouse's) account statement with the cash balance at any period of time?
2. For financial requirements, is it enough to show my sponsor's (spouse's) payslips for 6 months and the corresponding credits to my sponsor's (spouse's) bank statement?

Accommodation Requirements
Me and my spouse are currently staying with my brother and his family, where he is renting the property.
If this is the case, what are the documents to be submitted for my ILR application?

Any guidance will be appreciated.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR (5 Yr Route with Spouse Visa)

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:20 pm

mrz92 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:14 pm
I am due to apply for ILR through the spouse visa - completing 5 Years by end of Dec 23. I have a couple of queries,

Financial Requirements
1. Do I need to show my sponsor's (spouse's) account statement with the cash balance at any period of time?
2. For financial requirements, is it enough to show my sponsor's (spouse's) payslips for 6 months and the corresponding credits to my sponsor's (spouse's) bank statement?

Accommodation Requirements
Me and my spouse are currently staying with my brother and his family, where he is renting the property.
If this is the case, what are the documents to be submitted for my ILR application?

Any guidance will be appreciated.
The HO is not interested in your account balance.
Account statements corroborating your pay slips and meeting up with the financial requirements is what is needed.

mrz92
Newly Registered
India

Post by mrz92 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:30 pm

Thank you for your quick response. Much appreciated

Any guidance on the Accommodation query?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:47 pm

mrz92 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:30 pm

As your brother is renting the property, do you have permission from the landlord to live there?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:00 pm

mrz92 wrote:

Have you looked at the financial requirements guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf

Adequate accommodation is not a financial requirement and has its own relevant guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... dation.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mrz92
Newly Registered
India

Post by mrz92 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:47 pm

@Casa
Yes we both (myself and my spouse) will be added to the tenancy agreement as licensed occupiers.

@zimba
Thanks for sharing these documents. I will have a look into this.

mrz92
Newly Registered
India

Post by mrz92 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:37 pm

Casa wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:47 pm
mrz92 wrote:

As your brother is renting the property, do you have permission from the landlord to live there?
zimba wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:00 pm
mrz92 wrote:

Have you looked at the financial requirements guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf

Adequate accommodation is not a financial requirement and has its own relevant guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... dation.pdf
Sorry to come back again with the same query regarding the accommodation.

My situation is that me and my husband are staying with my brother-in-law and wife where we both can be added as a licensed occupiers in the tenancy agreement through the estate agent. They dont have direct contact with the landlord regarding the tenancy.

The option in the application for Home Details are
1. I own
2. I rent
3. Neither own nor rent

For this part of the application, I fall under 3. Neither own nor rent - but if I select that option, there are three checkboxes as mentioned below (can only proceed the application by ticking all three checkboxes),

Checkboxes
a - Proof of property ownership from the owner of the property you live in, such as a mortgage statement
b - Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport
c - Letter signed by the owner of the property you live in stating that you have permission to live there

where I am not able to provide the mortgage statement (a) or ID of the owner (b) as the only valid document is the tenancy agreement of my brother-in-law and family + the document confirming the licensed occupier + a letter from the tenants confirming our stay which I think will fall under (c)

Are these documents enough to prove our stay even though we tick all three checkboxes to proceed?
1. Tenancy agreement of brother-in-law and family
2. Licensed occupier letter for both of us from the agent
3. Letter from the tenants confirming our stay.

mrz92
Newly Registered
India

HO Correspondence email: Technical Error in Accessing Application

Post by mrz92 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:46 pm

Thanks for looking into this.

Did anyone had a correspondence email from HO stating that they are having a technical difficulty in accessing the SET(M) application?

Timeline:
Submitted online application: 16 Feb 2024
Biometric: 27 Feb 2024
Service: Super Priority
Email Correspondence: 28 Feb 2024

The correspondence is as follows,

Good afternoon,

I am writing to you with regards to your application – UAN xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.

Unfortunately, there has been a technical error in registering the application onto our system and we are unable to consider the application at this time. We are working with our resolutions team to resolve this as soon as possible.

Please be advised that we will refund the Super Priority Visa fee once we are able and that we will still consider your application as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Do I have to respond to this email?
If anyone had a similar scenario, how long it took get a decision?