ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of residency - 3 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kkhan1472
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Proof of residency - 3 years

Post by Kkhan1472 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:12 pm

Hi
I am about to submit my Naturalisation application after ILR (spouse of BC), I am a non-EU applicant so I need to provide 3-years residence prove ideally through passport entry stamps.
Now the problem is when I first enter this country in 2015 through Student visa somehow my passport was not stamped at the airport in UK and I only have exit stamp from my home country.
Now can someone please guide how can I prove my residency for the last 3-years.
Are P-60 good enough or do I need additional docs? If yes which one?
Thanks for your help.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Proof of residency - 3 years

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:20 pm

Your passports are sufficient. UKVI do have movement data in/out, they can verify.
If they are really concerned they will ask you. It's about the absences, if they are "normal" it's not an issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Kkhan1472
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kkhan1472 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:23 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I only have one absence since then and there are entry stamps for that. Also that is on my new passport. The old passport i used to enter the country has now expired so do i need to provide that as an evidence or the new passport with absence stamps is good enough?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:25 pm

Provide the passports covering the 3 year period, so if old one covers a few months scan that plus your current passport.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:26 pm

Provide copies of all pages of both your passports.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:28 pm

Kkhan1472 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:12 pm
Hi
I am about to submit my Naturalisation application after ILR (spouse of BC), I am a non-EU applicant so I need to provide 3-years residence prove ideally through passport entry stamps.
Now the problem is when I first enter this country in 2015 through Student visa somehow my passport was not stamped at the airport in UK and I only have exit stamp from my home country.
Now can someone please guide how can I prove my residency for the last 3-years.
Are P-60 good enough or do I need additional docs? If yes which one?
Thanks for your help.
That's not a problem. What year did you enter UK, the HO will have the records. What needs to be proved is based on the qualifying years in this case 3.

Kkhan1472
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kkhan1472 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:41 pm

I entered UK in 2015. My passport expires in 2019 so i am using a new passport since then which will be covering last 3 years. The old passport has my student visa sticker & exit stamp from my home country only. The new passport which is i am using currently have my recent travel history (exit & entry).
So i believe that will be sufficient?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:02 pm

When I applied I have been asked for the passport I used when I first entered the country and for my current one, it doesn't hurt to provide copies of both as it's free to upload.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:19 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:02 pm
When I applied I have been asked for the passport I used when I first entered the country and for my current one, it doesn't hurt to provide copies of both as it's free to upload.
Was that a new requirement for naturalisation? - only provided my current one.
I have seen that requirement for passport application - must admit I didn't read it properly and didn't provide that passport - but no issue.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:24 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:19 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:02 pm
Was that a new requirement for naturalisation? - only provided my current one.
I have seen that requirement for passport application - must admit I didn't read it properly and didn't provide that passport - but no issue.
Don't know if it's new, now I am checking and it seems it wasn't required on the official checklist. I provided it as that passport covered part of the qualifying period - was convinced I read somewhere it was required to upload it but I can't find the exact reference now. Definitely necessary for the first British passport so glad I had kept it.