ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Insulation grant

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashak
Mood:
Pakistan

Home Insulation grant

Post by ashak » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:24 pm

Hello Gurus,

I am a British citizen and my 8 year old boy too. My wife is on a discreetionary leave. She will complete her 10 year in April 2024 then she can apply for ILR.

We bought a house last year but that need external insulation which I am looking to get from the Gov grant. To qualify for the grant someone has to be on UC. If I apply UC will this affect the ILR of my wife ? as the house is on both names and we live in the same property. Although the grant is not public fund but it is only possible if I go am on UC. The only concern is I dont want to waste of her 10 years.

Regards
Ashak

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Home Insulation grant

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:55 am

No, as you’re not renting there shouldn’t be an issue about claiming UC. Your spouse would need to claim but would fail the HRT and therefore would have her side of the claim closed leaving you with a single claim but any income/capital she has would need to be declared each month. Whether you would get any UC would depend on your circumstances.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ashak
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Home Insulation grant

Post by ashak » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:55 pm

Thanks for a prompt response.