ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I include my children in the same citizenship application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

udayakumarg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Can I include my children in the same citizenship application?

Post by udayakumarg » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:50 pm

Hello,

I got my ILR two years back and living in the UK family for last 7 years. I am filling up the application form (naturalisation) and included my children as additional applicants. Is it correct way of doing?

Or do I need you use under 18 application form?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Can I include my children in the same citizenship application?

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:17 am

That’s fine.
The application will adapt to MN1 format when you add under 18s. Remember the requirements for minors are different from adult naturalisation.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

udayakumarg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by udayakumarg » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:35 pm

Thanks. A friend told me I needed to use the MN1 form under 18. I am filling out the form. But it is slightly asking for different information for my children compared to the AN form. I am a bit confused. I don't want to fill out the wrong one.Please help.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:46 pm

udayakumarg wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:35 pm
Thanks. A friend told me I needed to use the MN1 form under 18. I am filling out the form. But it is slightly asking for different information for my children compared to the AN form. I am a bit confused. I don't want to fill out the wrong one.Please help.
Maybe you should follow the answers given to you here? It's up to you of course, if friend can explain his advice precisely.
Of course it will be differen,it's child registration (MN1) not adult naturalisation (AN).
Add your "under 18s" to your AN application, the system will adjust the form to MN1 requirements. It's a standard process not sure what is not clear. Of course you can fill in separate MN1 forms it's up to you.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

udayakumarg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by udayakumarg » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:20 pm

Thanks for reassuring. I went to payment, it is adjusted to one adult and two children.