ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expiry Date Error on Skilled Worker Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sharjeelmirza98
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Expiry Date Error on Skilled Worker Visa

Post by sharjeelmirza98 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:42 pm

Hi,

I applied for a skilled worker visa on 23rd November and got a decision the next day. It was approved but the decision email as well as the BRP says it is valid until 17/12/2023 while it should have been 17/12/2026. It is clearly a typo by the Home Office, we have applied for the admin review as well as have emailed all the relevant departments, however, we haven't heard back from the yet. I am under a lot of stress now, since I am not sure what happens after the 17th of December now. Will I still be able to work after the 17th? I do understand that I can stay here legally since my case is with the admin review but they have given so much anxiety and uncertainty here. Any advice will be hugely appreciated.

According to my CoS my start date is: 04/12/2023 and my end date is: 03/12/2026

razergd1
Israel

Re: Expiry Date Error on Skilled Worker Visa

Post by razergd1 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:51 pm

I think you should apply for admin review ASAP. (you have 14 days from BRP receipt)

don't worry, if there is a typo it will get corrected in the admin review.

https://www.gov.uk/ask-for-a-visa-admin ... -in-the-uk

Did you get a decision letter what does it say?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.
I take no responsibility for following them.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:54 pm

razergd1 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:51 pm
I think you should apply for admin review ASAP. (you have 14 days from BRP receipt)

Op clearly states the decision letter AND the brp state the same incorrect date!!

Op also states they have already applied for AR!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

razergd1
Israel

Post by razergd1 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:14 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:54 pm
razergd1 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:51 pm

Op clearly states the decision letter AND the brp state the same incorrect date!!

Op also states they have already applied for AR!!
Didn't read through. You are right.
It will probably get corrected at the admin review.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.
I take no responsibility for following them.

dcruise546
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by dcruise546 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:16 pm

Hi,

My friend is in exact same situation, instead of getting visa till Jan 2028, he had received his permit till Jan 22, 2023. To make matter worse, his marriage is scheduled for next month and he needs to leave UK back to his home country. Is there any way to get the admin review faster?

He had told me that if he left UK before the decision and possibly his visa extensions arrives, his application will become invalid.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:38 am

dcruise546 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:16 pm
Hi,

My friend is in exact same situation, instead of getting visa till Jan 2028, he had received his permit till Jan 22, 2023. To make matter worse, his marriage is scheduled for next month and he needs to leave UK back to his home country. Is there any way to get the admin review faster? Not aware of anyway to make it faster. Lodged the AR already? Attach letter with evidence stating marriage coming up? Lodge a complaint/approach MP?

He had told me that if he left UK before the decision and possibly his visa extensions arrives, his application will become invalid.
When was this error found and how early was step for remedial action taken?

aditya_pillai
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aditya_pillai » Thu May 02, 2024 5:51 pm

could you update me on whether you were able to rectify this issue? I am facing the same issue. It would be really helpful if you could update me on this