ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker - dependent visa application issue - urgent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Skilled worker - dependent visa application issue - urgent

Post by jimmymcad » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:59 am

Dear experts,

I trust you are well.
One of my friend got the skilled worked visa and for dependent visa for his wife at the same time (he was recently married). They collected their passports from Pakistan, Karachi VFS Global office on 6th October 2023.

His visa was stamped from 16 September 2023. For some reason, Home Office stamped his wife dependent visa from 16 Nov 2023, which was a 2 month delay.

He contacted Home office for this mistake, and they replied him back on 18th October (a month delay almost) to re-submit his wife passport for an early date rectification. He re-submitted his wife passport back on 19th October 2023 for it.

Since then, he is waiting and today is 04.12.2023. Emails and calls are paid service through this link which he has been trying couple of times.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... se/english

Home office replied him back on 30.11.2023 to wait for 15 more days as they escalated the case further up. He came to UK without his wife, to start his job. However, still his wife visa case is pending and waiting for her passport to collect.

Now, my question is, what he can do to expedite his case. Are there any other support email address or contact number where he can email / call? The delay is really not helping for being a newly wed couple.

And also once we get to the bottom, can we file any compensation for this silly mistake?
Please if you can guide. Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Skilled worker - dependent visa application issue - urgent

Post by lolo2 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:09 pm

The only possible advice here is to contact the UKVI help centre to report the issue, as your friend already did, and wait for a solution.

He received the last response on 30-11-2023, that was just four days ago. He might need to wait for the 15-days timeframe given by UKVI to follow up.

Some members here have reported that they were able to visit - in person - the VFS offices where they provided biometrics to enquiry about their applications. I don't know if that's possible in Pakistan but the wife might try doing so.

One thing he could have done is to delay their travel to the UK as closer as possible to the 'valid to' date on his vignette and/or the 'valid from' date of his wife's.

Unlikely they will receive any compensation for this.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled worker - dependent visa application issue - urgent

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:48 pm

jimmymcad wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:59 am
Dear experts,

I trust you are well.
One of my friend got the skilled worked visa and for dependent visa for his wife at the same time (he was recently married). They collected their passports from Pakistan, Karachi VFS Global office on 6th October 2023.

His visa was stamped from 16 September 2023. For some reason, Home Office stamped his wife dependent visa from 16 Nov 2023, which was a 2 month delay.

He contacted Home office for this mistake, and they replied him back on 18th October (a month delay almost) to re-submit his wife passport for an early date rectification. He re-submitted his wife passport back on 19th October 2023 for it.

Since then, he is waiting and today is 04.12.2023. Emails and calls are paid service through this link which he has been trying couple of times.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... se/english

Home office replied him back on 30.11.2023 to wait for 15 more days as they escalated the case further up. He came to UK without his wife, to start his job. However, still his wife visa case is pending and waiting for her passport to collect.

Now, my question is, what he can do to expedite his case. Lodge complaint after expiration of newly given deadline??? Are there any other support email address or contact number where he can email / call? The delay is really not helping for being a newly wed couple.

And also once we get to the bottom, can we file any compensation for this silly mistake? Don't count on it.
Please if you can guide. Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,