ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU citizen route EU Settled

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Victoria82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EU citizen route EU Settled

Post by Victoria82 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:58 pm

I'm going to apply but I realised that I have a parking ticket in my native country, paid, no points substraction, etc. not a big deal but,..

A couple of years ago I have had my security clearance (SC), it is a vetting process where I have to declare also whatever criminal convictions I have but at that time I forgot to declare that ticket.

I would like to declare it now but if I declare that then it can be taken as a deception because I didn't do it on my SC when I should.

If I don't declare at all again probably is not a big deal because since Brexit, UK is disconnected from EUCARIS and there is not way to comes to light, right?

Any experience or advise on that?

Thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EU citizen route EU Settled

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:08 pm

First time I heard about "EUCARIS" - unlikely there'll be loads of experience about this, and doubt that UKVI consult with loads of other countries' or supra-national security admininistrations, certainly not about traffic violations.
You are applying to the UK Home Office - you can disclose this, it's unlikely to affect your application, traffic violations are not criminal offences.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Victoria82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Victoria82 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:20 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:08 pm
First time I heard about "EUCARIS" - unlikely there'll be loads of experience about this, and doubt that UKVI consult with loads of other countries' or supra-national security admininistrations, certainly not about traffic violations.
You are applying to the UK Home Office - you can disclose this, it's unlikely to affect your application, traffic violations are not criminal offences. I know that but deception could be, I'm not sure about how UKVI is connected with UKSV but I understand that this is a very specific question and difficult to know if we are not working as caseworkers. Appreciate you have tried to help.
Thanks.

No worries, EUCARIS is a relatively new platform (around 2019?) to share details about cars with the different governments. Depending on the modules where the countries are connected they can retrieve different information like, owner of a car, insurance active,.. and fines. Now UK is disconnected:
United Kingdom (GB) disconnected fot VDL, CBE, ERRU, RSI, RESPER and VAT due to BREXIT - January 01st, 2021
https://www.eucaris.net/archive/connections/

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:42 pm

For naturalisation you should disclose whatever is correct at the time of application, it's a new application, and not immigration.
We see loads of queries as to whether something not disclosed at a visa or ILR stage should now be disclosed. Best to stick with the truth.
Like you say non-disclosure could be an issue - I would be surprised if caseworkers are trawling the relevant systems for traffic violations, they are having problems meeting their processing targets. Maybe we are over-thinking this?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Victoria82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Victoria82 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:59 pm

Yes, maybe. :) I'm sorry, I love overthinking.

One more question, I don't find the letter with the pre-settle granted, I don't find it. I have the settle case and proof doc.

Is it a big issue if I don't send it?

Cheers.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:04 am

Best if you can find it. I received an email about it personally, is it worth checking your emails around the time you would have received it? You can also do a SAR with the Home Office. Should you not find it provide all details at the best of your recollection.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Victoria82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Victoria82 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:30 am

Unfortunately from the top of my head I received it by a letter and after few moves I have lost it.
Maybe some more recent pre-settle are sent by email.
Anyway they also should have it.

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:26 am

Either find the email or SAR as advised above.

You can proof your status online vis HO website as well FYI.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:19 am

Victoria82 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:30 am
Unfortunately from the top of my head I received it by a letter and after few moves I have lost it.
I got pre-settled status in Jan 2019, still during the trial phase of the system. So mine was very early on.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Victoria82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Victoria82 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:41 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:19 am
Victoria82 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:30 am
I got pre-settled status in Jan 2019, still during the trial phase of the system. So mine was very early on.
I got my settle on 03/2019

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:25 pm

Then it's not that much different. Have a dig in your emails from that time and if you don't have any luck try a SAR.

Victoria82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Victoria82 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:26 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:25 pm
Then it's not that much different. Have a dig in your emails from that time and if you don't have any luck try a SAR.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, what I mean is that I got my settled status on that date and I have the proof online.

What I don't have is my pre-settled royal mail letter. :(

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:33 am

I think you don't need your pre settled letter tho.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:56 am

Victoria82 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:26 am
contorted_svy wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:25 pm
Sorry for the misunderstanding, what I mean is that I got my settled status on that date and I have the proof online.

What I don't have is my pre-settled royal mail letter. :(
can you find an email for your pre-settled? if you don't, do a SAR with UKVI.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:57 am

MuhammadM86 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:33 am
Not the letter per se, but the UAN and relevant dates yes as it is an immigration application.

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:19 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:57 am
MuhammadM86 wrote:
Not the letter per se, but the UAN and relevant dates yes as it is an immigration application.
Yes correct the UAN and dates are needed, agreed.

Victoria82
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Victoria82 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:38 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
MuhammadM86 wrote:
I'm using the SAR service.

They sent me an email saying I missed a document.:
In order to process the SAR request made we require a signed letter of authority from yourself giving permission for your records to be checked and released to yourself or reps if applicable. Please include your full name and signature as well as the date.

Please note that the letter of authority can either be a scanned copy or a word document – providing it contains an electronic signature
Is that a document saying something like:
"I give permission for the UKVI to check and release my records to myself"
With my signature, full name and date? or should I request that document to someone else. Not sure about how to digital signed it.

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:44 pm

Victoria82 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:38 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
MuhammadM86 wrote:

In order to process the SAR request made we require a signed letter of authority from yourself giving permission for your records to be checked and released to yourself or reps if applicable. Please include your full name and signature as well as the date.

Please note that the letter of authority can either be a scanned copy or a word document – providing it contains an electronic signature
With my signature, full name and date? or should I request that document to someone else. Not sure about how to digital signed it.
Yes that’s correct.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:52 pm

Victoria82 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:38 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
MuhammadM86 wrote:

Just take a picture of your signature and add it to the document.