ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR Application & Passport Expired

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:47 pm

Hi all,

My wife was filling the ILR application form after being 5 years on spouse visa.. and we found that her passport has expired back in June 2023.

Can she still apply for ILR by answering the NO to the following question in the appliucation form ?

Do you have a valid passport?

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: ILR Application & Passport Expired

Post by meself2 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:53 pm

If I recall correctly (other members may fix my answer), she will need a valid passport anyway for biometrics submission.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:58 am

You need a valid passport to apply as per paragraph 34 of the immigration rules. UKVI can exercise discretion as long as 'the applicant provides a good reason beyond their control why they cannot provide proof of their identity'.

Also, an expired passport is not an issue for Biometrics enrolment as the UKVCAS accepts different ID documents :
Alternative forms of photographic ID may include:

National ID card
Expired (but not cancelled) passport or biometric residence permit or card
Government issued photographic ID such as UK photographic driving licenses (full or provisional)
Convention travel document (CTD), Certificate of identity document (CID) or Stateless person document (SPD).
If you do not have alternative photographic ID:

Bring any other official document that contains your personal details, such as an immigration status document from the Home Office or a full birth certificate
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/faq
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

DiazSingh
Newly Registered
India

Post by DiazSingh » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:13 am

Get the passport renewed from your Embassy on urgent basis. I had similar situation where by visa and passport was expiring very close to each other. So I had contacted my embassy and paid extra for the Tatkal service and got my passport renewed in few days. The process took couple of weeks in total and then I had applied for my visa renewal, before my visa expired.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:57 pm

zimba wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:58 am
You need a valid passport to apply as per paragraph 34 of the immigration rules. UKVI can exercise discretion as long as 'the applicant provides a good reason beyond their control why they cannot provide proof of their identity'.

Also, an expired passport is not an issue for Biometrics enrolment as the UKVCAS accepts different ID documents :
Alternative forms of photographic ID may include:

National ID card
Expired (but not cancelled) passport or biometric residence permit or card
Government issued photographic ID such as UK photographic driving licenses (full or provisional)
Convention travel document (CTD), Certificate of identity document (CID) or Stateless person document (SPD).
If you do not have alternative photographic ID:

Bring any other official document that contains your personal details, such as an immigration status document from the Home Office or a full birth certificate
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/faq
Hi Zimba,

Thanks for your input to answer my query.

She has national idenitity card which can used as a travel dcument its called NICOP. Can we use that
instead of passport.Or we should have a definelty passport.Please advise..

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:13 pm

It think the advice was clear, get a valid passport or explain why you cannot provide one
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:29 am

zimba wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:13 pm
It think the advice was clear, get a valid passport or explain why you cannot provide one
Actually i went for the passport renewal and i was told you can get the NICOP identity card which you can use travel to pakistan.So passport is not required for travelling.So i got the urgent identity card renewed.
I check the paragraph 34 and it says like identity card is also accepted (is it right ?)

(5) (a) Subject to paragraph 34(5)(c), the applicant must provide proof of identity as described in 34(5)(b) below and in accordance with the process set out in the application form.
(b) Proof of identity for the purpose of this paragraph means:
(i) a valid passport or, if an applicant (except a PBS applicant) does not have a valid passport, a valid national identity card; or
(ii) if the applicant does not have a valid passport or national identity card, their most recent passport or (except a PBS applicant) their most recent national identity card; or
(iii) if the applicant does not have any of the above, a valid travel document.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:36 am

Any valid travel document should work

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Home details

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:20 pm

ILR (Set M) - Home Details
I'm completing the application for my Wife, and answered "I own it" and "£0" for mortgage costs. Obviously, no rent too.
The two tick boxes confuse me greatly as it appears to be asking for a further batch of documents to prove monthly housing costs. It says, "You only need to provide evidence if you are responsible for monthly housing costs such as rent, mortgage or council tax".
Of course we're responsible for council tax, but should I be removing the first tick and therefore not need to provide any evidence for housing costs?
2nd tick I believe should still remain and I include a copy of the council tax to suffice.
What do you think? I'm not sure of the purpose of this question
Attachments
Finance-1.png
Finance-1.png (47.4 KiB) Viewed 1046 times

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Home details

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:23 pm

I've realised that this, of course the above question is referring to my Wife, who doesn't own the property.
So I change it to "Neither own nor rent" and make a comment that "my husband owns our home outright".
It then goes on to ask for even more documentation. Quite a headache. Not sure of the real purpose.
The tick boxes are compulsory, btw.
Attachments
Home-1.png
Home-1.png (85.02 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
Home-2.png
Home-2.png (87.57 KiB) Viewed 1038 times

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:43 am

You do NOT need to provide ane evidence of housing costs if the house is owned outright.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:52 am

You can simply tick own or rent. Your property is that of your spouse too keep that in mind.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:13 am

zimba wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:43 am
You do NOT need to provide ane evidence of housing costs if the house is owned outright.
Thanks for the answer...So should my wife click on I own the house (Even though i own the house) ?

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:14 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:52 am
You can simply tick own or rent. Your property is that of your spouse too keep that in mind.
Thx for the reply. But in the question it ask the applicant (Do you own or Rent)..But home is on my name only...thats the confusion...please clarify ...Thx

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:13 pm

Babajee85 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:14 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:52 am
Thx for the reply. But in the question it ask the applicant (Do you own or Rent)..But home is on my name only...thats the confusion...please clarify ...Thx
Tick Yes, then in additional information section or by cover note clarify that it mortgage in husbands name.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:56 am

Hi folks,

While filling up the SET(M) ILR application i said yes to this question :
Other Documents.png
Other Documents.png (74.4 KiB) Viewed 693 times
Now in the documents check list and while uploading the documents on UKVCAS its asking me for this
"Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK"

Please advise should i upload some documents here or Can I just leave it blank ?

Thanks in anticipation !

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:08 pm

Ignore this