ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Give details about another parent - Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nash82
United Kingdom

Give details about another parent - Naturalisation Application

Post by Nash82 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:00 am

Hi,

My step daughter is in the process of completing her British Naturalisation form. She came to UK when she was under 18 under my sponsorship with her mum (my wife under spouse visa) and I am a British National. My step daughter got Indefinite Leave to Enter in 2018 becuase she was under18 at that time.

There is question in application form which states,"Give details about another parent". Do she needs to provide my details there as I am her Step Father or she needs to fill in her biological father's details. Her Biological father has never been to UK. She has no contact with her father.

OR can she click the option - "I do not have my parents' details" ?

She is bit worried and overthinkin that if she doesnt provide her father's or my details - her application can be refused on this basis?

Any help or advise would be much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Give details about another parent - Naturalisation Application

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:27 am

Not your details. Step parents are irrelevant when it comes to citizenship.

She is an adult applying, she can state her fathers details, no issue or leave it blank. Depends what was declared to ukvi previously.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nash82
United Kingdom

Re: Give details about another parent - Naturalisation Application

Post by Nash82 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:26 am

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Her father’s details were entered in her previous application. I guess its better to enter the details and if she is unable to find his details I will ask to leave it blank.