ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Citizen living in Ireland 10 years

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MrsDarboe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK Citizen living in Ireland 10 years

Post by MrsDarboe » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:08 am

Hey,

I apologise now for the long post but I have lost all hope today & hoping someone can shed a ray of hope somewhere....

I am a UK citizen having lived in Ireland for the last 10 years and exercising my EU Treaty Rights, with my now Non-EU Ex-husband (married Apr2013-June2023 divorce granted legally in Ireland). Last year my employer put me on a 3 day week so I've had to claim from the intreo to subsidise my wage as this was only meant to be temporary...
I remarried (islamically, not legally) in April 2022 (legally registered in Aug 2023). I applied for a Short Stay C visa for my current Non-EU (Gambian) husband in October (INIS received it after the BH), based on what I submitted previously (in 2014 - no work info, bank statements, tenancy etc was required)...
The visa took only 3-4 weeks to come back refused but I have the right to appeal (5 weeks from next Tuesday) based on the picture attached!
I stupidly didn't submit my divorce paper as I figured I couldn't legally get married without producing legal divorce papers! But I have them to submit.
I also privately rent (through HAP) so have tenancy agreement!
Utility bills again no problem.
Whilst all this was happening (mid October) my employer made me aware he would be giving me a termination letter which he finally did last week. I've had to sign on to JSA until I find a job!
Obviously I can get bank statements (will show no wage going in from 5/6th October which was when I queried with my employer & he told me my position was redundant).

I don't know where to go from here so I'm hoping someone can help me!

I was told an appeal can take upto 12 months so a new application would be quicker... If I get a temporary job, will this satisfy work requirements?
Attachments
Screenshot_20231206_175108_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
Screenshot_20231206_175108_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg (733.58 KiB) Viewed 567 times

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: UK Citizen living in Ireland 10 years

Post by Angel99 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:51 am

MrsDarboe wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:08 am
Hey,

I apologise now for the long post but I have lost all hope today & hoping someone can shed a ray of hope somewhere....

I am a UK citizen having lived in Ireland for the last 10 years and exercising my EU Treaty Rights, with my now Non-EU Ex-husband (married Apr2013-June2023 divorce granted legally in Ireland). Last year my employer put me on a 3 day week so I've had to claim from the intreo to subsidise my wage as this was only meant to be temporary...
I remarried (islamically, not legally) in April 2022 (legally registered in Aug 2023). I applied for a Short Stay C visa for my current Non-EU (Gambian) husband in October (INIS received it after the BH), based on what I submitted previously (in 2014 - no work info, bank statements, tenancy etc was required)...
The visa took only 3-4 weeks to come back refused but I have the right to appeal (5 weeks from next Tuesday) based on the picture attached!
I stupidly didn't submit my divorce paper as I figured I couldn't legally get married without producing legal divorce papers! But I have them to submit.
I also privately rent (through HAP) so have tenancy agreement!
Utility bills again no problem.
Whilst all this was happening (mid October) my employer made me aware he would be giving me a termination letter which he finally did last week. I've had to sign on to JSA until I find a job!
Obviously I can get bank statements (will show no wage going in from 5/6th October which was when I queried with my employer & he told me my position was redundant).

I don't know where to go from here so I'm hoping someone can help me!

I was told an appeal can take upto 12 months so a new application would be quicker... If I get a temporary job, will this satisfy work requirements?
UK is no longer part of EU and considered as a third country (Non EU country). Since this the case your spouse can not apply for short stay visa via EU law, however Ireland has a scheme for UK family members after brexit. Your spouse can apply as a family member of UK citizen. You can find more on here

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming- ... ly-member/

You and your spouse have to provide a set of documents and there are requirements;
*Not have been completely or mainly reliant on benefits for a period of two years or longer immediately prior to the application*