ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport timeline to US

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amairead
Newly Registered
United States of America

Passport timeline to US

Post by amairead » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:51 am

For those who recently applied from the US, how long did it take for you to receive your passport and documents once they were shipped from Ireland? I'm concerned because mine were mailed November 27th, and AN Post shows it being received that day in Dublin and leaving Dublin a few hours later but nothing since. In contrast, my passport card shows arriving AN Post December in Dublin December 5, leaving Dublin a few hours later and arriving in US a few hours after that. Obviously it didn't arrive in the US the same day, but there has been no movement on the passport book since November 27th. Any ideas? Thanks!

meself2
Ireland

Re: First Time Passport Application Timelines - 2023

Post by meself2 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:55 am

@amairead , please don't post questions in the timeline thread. Search it yourself there - that's what timelines are for.

Topic split this time.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Passport timeline to US

Post by Angel99 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:00 am

amairead wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:51 am
For those who recently applied from the US, how long did it take for you to receive your passport and documents once they were shipped from Ireland? I'm concerned because mine were mailed November 27th, and AN Post shows it being received that day in Dublin and leaving Dublin a few hours later but nothing since. In contrast, my passport card shows arriving AN Post December in Dublin December 5, leaving Dublin a few hours later and arriving in US a few hours after that. Obviously it didn't arrive in the US the same day, but there has been no movement on the passport book since November 27th. Any ideas? Thanks!
Normally after your package departs from An post Dublin processing center it will take a day or couple of days to clear irish customs then mostly a within a week to reach clear USA customs then handed over to USPS i believe. After it arrives with USPS you might receive a delivery notification. An post service ends at Irish customs. There is a change over.