ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to Tier2 from GR Visa for me and my family (I am in UK, they are abroad)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Goenitz
Mood:
Pakistan

Switching to Tier2 from GR Visa for me and my family (I am in UK, they are abroad)

Post by Goenitz » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:20 pm

Hi all,

I am in the process of switching my visa from a graduate route to a tier 2 or skilled worker visa. I am a university employee.

I will have CoS soon but would like to apply for my family too as visa fees are increasing from 16th January 2024.

Now, can I apply for myself and my family together while I am here and they are in Pakistan? Or should I go to Pakistan and apply for all of us?

Kind Regards

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Switching to Tier2 from GR Visa for me and my family (I am in UK, they are abroad)

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:09 pm

You can apply in the U.K. and they can apply from Pakistan. There is no need to return to Pakistan. Your applications are linked to your application by the fact you have to be granted first and they follow in line.

Goenitz
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Switching to Tier2 from GR Visa for me and my family (I am in UK, they are abroad)

Post by Goenitz » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:30 pm

Thank you.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:38 pm

Note that the visa fees already increased in October 2023.

The IHS fee will increase from £624 to £1,035 per year from January 2024. :!:

Goenitz
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Goenitz » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:55 pm

Oh!
So, that is a done deal. So, will it come into effect on 16th Jan, or can be delayed for a few weeks or days?

Thank you.

Goenitz
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Goenitz » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:04 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:09 pm
You can apply in the U.K. and they can apply from Pakistan. There is no need to return to Pakistan. Your applications are linked to your application by the fact you have to be granted first and they follow in line.
Thank you for your answer.
Here you mean that 'their applications...' ! So, we cannot all apply at the same time?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:26 am

You all apply at the same time, it just means that if you were to be refused they are refused too.