ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OVERSTAYER QUESTION PLEASE HELP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

boygirl
Newly Registered

OVERSTAYER QUESTION PLEASE HELP

Post by boygirl » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:41 pm

HI EVERYONE
I ENTERED THE COUNTRY TO PURSUE A MASTERS DEGREE COURSE (STUDENT VISA 2002) UNFORTUNATELY DID NOT FOLLOW THE INTENDED COURSE FOR LACK O FUNDS.
IN 2001 I MET A GUY FROM ROMANIA THEN LATER 2005 A BABY CAME AND IN 2007 ANOTHER ONE.
MY RELATIONSHIP IS GENUINE WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER ALMOST 6 YEARS.
WE INTEND TO GET MARRIED TRY TO STAY IN THIS COUNTRY WITHOUT TRAVELLING TO KENYA.

CAN ANYBODY HELP WITH ADVICE?

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:47 am

Easy on the caps lock!

How do you intend to get married if you are an overstayer? Once you do get married, you can try and make an in-country application with the EEA2 from UK. Expect long delays and persistence will be needed in huge quantities to make it through.
Jabi

boygirl
Newly Registered

Post by boygirl » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:26 am

Docterror wrote:Easy on the caps lock!

How do you intend to get married if you are an overstayer? Once you do get married, you can try and make an in-country application with the EEA2 from UK. Expect long delays and persistence will be needed in huge quantities to make it through.
thanks for your help ....i know the possibilities of getting married in here is almost nil.my older child has started going to nursery and stopping her and travelling to africa will be stressful for her im actually in a dilemma.
Do you think there will be any leniancy now that i have started a family?

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:55 am

Nope, sorry! Leniency is not a word I will associate with the Home Office
Jabi

awesomeadil

Post by awesomeadil » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:30 pm

i am feeling the heat of overstaying... really tread carefully...

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:05 am

Can you go to Romania and get married there? Would you need a visa to go to Romania? If so, might that be issued?
John

boygirl
Newly Registered

Post by boygirl » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:57 am

Hi
I got married about 7 months ago through the church of England.We are now looking to put forward my application through a lawyer .Could anyone please suggest a lawyer with success application regarding overstaying?Any idea anyone ?Please help i want to be with my family am very anxious and thats why i haven,t done anything for fear of getting deported. PLEASE HELP

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:48 am

I'm sorry I just don't understand you say you came to the UK to continue your Master degree, but then did'nt have enough money to continue you studies.
How did you think you would pay for your Master in the first place, without sufficient funds?

You have painted a typical picture of a person who had no intention of either studying or returning to thier homeland.

Why don't you go and live in Romania with your husband.

My patiences with cases like yours is running very thin, but I still wish you luck in the future, even thou I do not see any chance of you not been deported.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Who are you to judge

Post by MAKUSA » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:03 pm

Siggi wrote:I'm sorry I just don't understand you say you came to the UK to continue your Master degree, but then did'nt have enough money to continue you studies.
How did you think you would pay for your Master in the first place, without sufficient funds?

You have painted a typical picture of a person who had no intention of either studying or returning to thier homeland.

My patiences with cases like yours is running very thin, but I still wish you luck in the future, even thou I do not see any chance of you not been deported.
He that is without sin cast the first stone, or are you faultless. The cheek of you, if you are going to help be constructive don't start preaching and being all high and mighty.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Contact

Post by MAKUSA » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Siggi wrote:I'm sorry I just don't understand you say you came to the UK to continue your Master degree, but then did'nt have enough money to continue you studies.

contact http://www.gherson.com/contact-us and see if they can help, ignore nonentities like siggi

MAKUSA
BANNED

Contact

Post by MAKUSA » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:08 pm

boygirl wrote:HI EVERYONE
I ENTERED THE COUNTRY TO PURSUE A MASTERS DEGREE COURSE (STUDENT VISA 2002) UNFORTUNATELY DID NOT FOLLOW THE INTENDED COURSE FOR LACK O FUNDS.
IN 2001 I MET A GUY FROM ROMANIA THEN LATER 2005 A BABY CAME AND IN 2007 ANOTHER ONE.
WE INTEND TO GET MARRIED TRY TO STAY IN THIS COUNTRY WITHOUT TRAVELLING TO KENYA.

contact http://www.gherson.com/contact-us and see if they can help, ignore nonentities like siggi

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Contact

Post by Wanderer » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:14 pm

First-Class Moron wrote:
boygirl wrote:HI EVERYONE

I thought Siggi's post was sage.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:16 pm

I agree with Siggi. How can anyone help when the OP changes the story completely within a couple of posts?? "We intend to get married...but don't think we stand a chance" or words to that effect....and then "we married 7 months ago in a Church of England".
Last edited by Casa on Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joe777

Post by joe777 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:17 pm

when you sign the declaration on any visa app, student visa included, it states

'I am aware that it is an offence under the Immigration Act 1971 (as amended) to make a statement which I know to be false, or not believe to be true, in
order to obtain a visa/entry clearance to the UK. I am also aware that my application will be automatically refused and I may be banned from going to the
UK for 10 years if I use a false document, lie or withhold relevant information. I may also be banned if I have breached immigration laws in the UK. I am
further aware that should I use a false document, lie or withhold relevant information my details may be passed to law enforcement agencies.'

pretty clear to me that signing the declaration and lying is fraud, and like any type of fraud it's a serious offence.

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:33 pm

Casa wrote:I agree with Siggi. How can anyone help when the OP changes the story completely within a couple of posts?? "We intend to get married...but don't think we stand a chance" or words to that effect....and then "we married 7 months ago in a Church of England".
I agree with you Casa (although not necessarily with Siggi in this case - things happen).

Not sure what the OP is suggesting re the student visa either. Did the relationship predate the visa? Please clarify if you want to get realistic advice - as opposed to realistic criticism.
Oh, the drama...!

MAKUSA
BANNED

She needs help not judgement

Post by MAKUSA » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:44 pm

A Church of England marriage and registry wedding are very different in nature, i am not an expert but people do change their reasons for coming to a country. This is a forum not the AIT and the lady is here to seek help or guidance not to be Judged, if you want to help do that.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:53 pm

So First-Class Moron, are you saying I not allowed to express my deep concerns about immigration abuse, which effects all other legitimate applications?

jei2
Member of Standing

Re: She needs help not judgement

Post by jei2 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:54 pm

First-Class Moron wrote:A Church of England marriage and registry wedding are very different in nature...
Perhaps so. But not in outcome, which is that you are married.

Not everyone here is looking to criticise; the OP needs to clarify her background and circumstances if she wants help.
Oh, the drama...!

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:02 pm

Casa wrote:I agree with Siggi. How can anyone help when the OP changes the story completely within a couple of posts?? "We intend to get married...but don't think we stand a chance" or words to that effect....and then "we married 7 months ago in a Church of England".
Note that this post was started in October 2007! :)

boygirl
Newly Registered

Post by boygirl » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:05 pm

Thank you for all your opinions .I genuinly came to pursue my degree as earlier stated.My sponser a family member passed away.There were finally issues at the time due to his family wanting obviously the share of the money and that is the reason i did not take up my studies.
As well regarding my previous post i only got the idea of marriage from this forum. I have been member of the coe 4 years until now.you have the right to judge me the vicar would never have accepted to conduct the wedding if he had doubts about us.
This forum gives most people ideas and when you follow them then you are judged ....how ironical !
ANYWAY thanks to the person who gave me contacts on finding a lawyer..
PEACE!

MAKUSA
BANNED

By all means

Post by MAKUSA » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:28 pm

Siggi wrote:So First-Class Moron, are you saying I not allowed to express my deep concerns about immigration abuse, which effects all other legitimate applications?
feel free to criticise but also feel free to offer solutions, it's a freeworld. But Criticize and help, thats what this forum is about. As for legitimacy, You and i dont know the full facts.
Her reply has been explicit.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:05 pm

Siggi wrote:Why don't you go and live in Romania with your husband.

Why doesn't she go to live in Romania? Because she has every right to be in the UK to exercise EU Treaty Rights, with her husband, an EU national, who is in the UK exercising EU Treaty Rights, as a self-employed person.
John

atenolol
Newly Registered

Post by atenolol » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:10 am

boygirl wrote:Thank you for all your opinions .I genuinly came to pursue my degree as earlier stated.My sponser a family member passed away.There were finally issues at the time due to his family wanting obviously the share of the money and that is the reason i did not take up my studies.
As well regarding my previous post i only got the idea of marriage from this forum. I have been member of the coe 4 years until now.you have the right to judge me the vicar would never have accepted to conduct the wedding if he had doubts about us.
This forum gives most people ideas and when you follow them then you are judged ....how ironical !
ANYWAY thanks to the person who gave me contacts on finding a lawyer..
PEACE!
habari sister, did u actually apply for an EEA residence card as a spouse of an eu national? u stand a good chance of receiving it.