ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New £38,700 spouse visa requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Beausoleil
Newly Registered
Senegal

New £38,700 spouse visa requirement

Post by Beausoleil » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:03 am

Good Morning ,

I have came across the news yesterday night thats they are increasing the financial requirements to bring your spouse from £18,600 to £38,600 .
I have just started working and my salary will be around £22K . I am a mum of a 1year and 3year old and i took the job and deferred my course because i wanted their dad to apply in 6months. I am going back to uni next year and would be great if he can come and help me with the children and financially support us. I don’t know what to do. I will only be able to get this kind of salary when in finish my nursing degree in 3years time!!

I have questions:
1- does it mean that i need a second job , working 7days a week long hours to be able to reunite my family ?
2- Can we apply with 3 or 4 months worth Payslip and back up with savings we have back home?
3- can we qualify for special circumstances and ask my inlaw to be our guarantor ? He has a good business and assets back home. Anyone have experience with third party assistance support ?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: New £38,700 spouse visa requirement

Post by Ticktack » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:59 am

Beausoleil wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:03 am
Good Morning ,

I have came across the news yesterday night thats they are increasing the financial requirements to bring your spouse from £18,600 to £38,600 .
I have just started working and my salary will be around £22K . I am a mum of a 1year and 3year old and i took the job and deferred my course because i wanted their dad to apply in 6months. I am going back to uni next year and would be great if he can come and help me with the children and financially support us. I don’t know what to do. I will only be able to get this kind of salary when in finish my nursing degree in 3years time!!

I have questions:
1- does it mean that i need a second job , working 7days a week long hours to be able to reunite my family ? It would get very tough for a lot of families. Yes! You might be required to earn more
2- Can we apply with 3 or 4 months worth Payslip and back up with savings we have back home? Nope, 6 months is the requirement. If you have over £64k in savings for over 6 months (it might also be increased) in savings, then by all means.
3- can we qualify for special circumstances and ask my inlaw to be our guarantor ? Never heard that one before. Not sure it works like that, but i understand.He has a good business and assets back home. Anyone have experience with third party assistance support ? No concept of 3rd party support. The buck stops with you.
Firstly, please note that that hasn't been cast in stone yet. It's a suggestion by the Home Secretary, it hasn't been passed into law. Until then, it would be nice to prepare for it, but don't hold your breath either.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

FXR_1340
Member of Standing
Scotland

Re: New £38,700 spouse visa requirement

Post by FXR_1340 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:05 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:59 am
Beausoleil wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:03 am
Good Morning ,

I have questions:
1- does it mean that i need a second job , working 7days a week long hours to be able to reunite my family ? It would get very tough for a lot of families. Yes! You might be required to earn more
2- Can we apply with 3 or 4 months worth Payslip and back up with savings we have back home? Nope, 6 months is the requirement. If you have over £64k in savings for over 6 months (it might also be increased) in savings, then by all means.
3- can we qualify for special circumstances and ask my inlaw to be our guarantor ? Never heard that one before. Not sure it works like that, but i understand.He has a good business and assets back home. Anyone have experience with third party assistance support ? No concept of 3rd party support. The buck stops with you.
Firstly, please note that that hasn't been cast in stone yet. It's a suggestion by the Home Secretary, it hasn't been passed into law. Until then, it would be nice to prepare for it, but don't hold your breath either.
I truely luv your positivity. 😊

I do agree (hope) the suggestion/proposal may be subject to "refinement". To what degree is anyones guess - but I will guess it will not be for the Greater Good. Party comes first!