ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residency Proofs - Type B

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

citi12
Newly Registered
Ireland

Residency Proofs - Type B

Post by citi12 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:39 am

Hello,

I would like some advice please. I am an EU citizen who has been living in Ireland for about a year. One day I hope to apply for Irish citizenship. So I though a would go about collecting proofs as mentioned in their website. I have no problem with Type A proofs as I work full time and have bank account statements. My problem is with Type B proofs.

1. I have a six months rental agreement with a letting agent with my name and address. It says registered with RTB but I don't have any other letter from RTB. I pay the rent along with other tenants in the house in cash. This arrangement cannot be changed. Is the rental agreement enough?

2. I do not have any utility bills in my name. The electricity, gas and bin bills are already in the name of other housemates. Also the electricity and gas bills already have two tenant names on them. Does anyone know if I could add more names to gas and electric bills? However, I wont be able to pay them or show proof of payment. The bills are already paid by one tenant who we pay bills amount to.

3. I use a pre paid mobile phone bill. But was planning to change to a bill pay plan to have my name and address on the bill. Are bill pay mobile phone bills accepted as proof?

4. As per the old excel points sheets, doctor attendance was accepted. I visit a private GP occasionally. Can I still ask the GP to give me proof of visit?

5. As per the old excel points sheets, TV license and medical insurance proof was accepted. I do not have either, but should I start some of these just so that I have proofs?

6. Any suggestions for any proofs I could collect?

I know its a long way to go, but I'm worried that somewhere down the line, rules may change and more proofs are required and I may not have them after 5 years and all these years will be wasted time. Could anyone please advise me? I would really be grateful.

Thank you.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Residency Proofs - Type B

Post by Vadrar » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:21 pm

citi12 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:39 am
Hello,

I would like some advice please. I am an EU citizen who has been living in Ireland for about a year. One day I hope to apply for Irish citizenship. So I though a would go about collecting proofs as mentioned in their website. I have no problem with Type A proofs as I work full time and have bank account statements. My problem is with Type B proofs.

1. I have a six months rental agreement with a letting agent with my name and address. It says registered with RTB but I don't have any other letter from RTB. I pay the rent along with other tenants in the house in cash. This arrangement cannot be changed. Is the rental agreement enough?

2. I do not have any utility bills in my name. The electricity, gas and bin bills are already in the name of other housemates. Also the electricity and gas bills already have two tenant names on them. Does anyone know if I could add more names to gas and electric bills? However, I wont be able to pay them or show proof of payment. The bills are already paid by one tenant who we pay bills amount to.

3. I use a pre paid mobile phone bill. But was planning to change to a bill pay plan to have my name and address on the bill. Are bill pay mobile phone bills accepted as proof?

4. As per the old excel points sheets, doctor attendance was accepted. I visit a private GP occasionally. Can I still ask the GP to give me proof of visit?

5. As per the old excel points sheets, TV license and medical insurance proof was accepted. I do not have either, but should I start some of these just so that I have proofs?

I know its a long way to go, but I'm worried that somewhere down the line, rules may change and more proofs are required and I may not have them after 5 years and all these years will be wasted time. Could anyone please advise me? I would really be grateful.

Thank you.
You’re wise to plan ahead. Professionals in the sector believe reviews of proofs is going to get distinctly tougher. Scoresheet has been in for 2 years. Once the online application has settled in the current leniency is likely to disappear.

the pre type A and B scoresheet (the excel one) os no longer valid, ignore it. Mobile phone bills aren't valid in any form. not even banks or eg NDLS accept them - something as permanent as citizenship certainly won't. broadband also doesn't count.

you only need a utility bill in your name for about 3 months a year, so you are going to have to get your housemates to swap around. you don't need proof of payment. only elec, gas, bins or fixed phone line count. get your own bin account if needed. or install a fixed line phone in your room.

call RTB and get all letters resent. chase them
every year - you cant afford to not get them.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:42 pm

citi12 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.
Hi,

*Applicants must submit one Type B document per year (worth 50 points), and these are listed as Credit Card Statements, Rent Agreements, Annual Mortgage Statements, Phone Bills, Utility Bills, Medical Practitioner Employment History*

You can provide 1 of the proofs above.

*Tv license with proof of payment is considered as a Utility.
*Or try to get some waste collection in your name.
*Rental agreement (It's not mentioned to provide RTB registration but let your Rental agency or landlord provide it).
*You can also ask your GP to provide you your visits each year.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:20 pm

Angel99 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:42 pm
citi12 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.
Hi,

*Applicants must submit one Type B document per year (worth 50 points), and these are listed as Credit Card Statements, Rent Agreements, Annual Mortgage Statements, Phone Bills, Utility Bills, Medical Practitioner Employment History*

*Rental agreement (It's not mentioned to provide RTB registration but let your Rental agency or landlord provide it).
We’ve had recent pushback on applications that submitted tv licences and GP visits. TV licences aren’t a utility for citizenship
purposes- they don’t involve physical installation or pick up (for eg bins) and they aren’t variable and metered (it is fixed price.) Alternate documents were requested to replace them.

I would be very surprised if they are accepted in future years. They may be accepted now to cover one or two years of gaps in a 5 year range - but in the future and without fully standard proofs for at least a majority of years, I’d be very doubtful.

citi12
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by citi12 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:55 pm

Vadrar wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:21 pm
citi12 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.
You’re wise to plan ahead. Professionals in the sector believe reviews of proofs is going to get distinctly tougher. Scoresheet has been in for 2 years. Once the online application has settled in the current leniency is likely to disappear.

the pre type A and B scoresheet (the excel one) os no longer valid, ignore it. Mobile phone bills aren't valid in any form. not even banks or eg NDLS accept them - something as permanent as citizenship certainly won't. broadband also doesn't count.

you only need a utility bill in your name for about 3 months a year, so you are going to have to get your housemates to swap around. you don't need proof of payment. only elec, gas, bins or fixed phone line count. get your own bin account if needed. or install a fixed line phone in your room.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

I just wanted to confirm about the fixed line phone. I briefly checked for landline plans but all point to broad band plans. Sorry, I don't know much about these things. Could you please suggest me some service provided?

I just wanted to confirm about the RTB letter. I have a six months rental agreement with my letting agent initially. However, I did not sign any further rental agreement regarding extending the six months and I am still staying at the same place. Should I have been signing agreements every six months as proof? Also the letter from RTB, do they state my entire period of stay as it was never changed? If you can please give me some information so I can check with my letting agent.

Thank you again.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:35 pm

citi12 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:55 pm
Vadrar wrote:
citi12 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.

I just wanted to confirm about the fixed line phone. I briefly checked for landline plans but all point to broad band plans. Sorry, I don't know much about these things. Could you please suggest me some service provided?

I just wanted to confirm about the RTB letter. I have a six months rental agreement with my letting agent initially. However, I did not sign any further rental agreement regarding extending the six months and I am still staying at the same place. Should I have been signing agreements every six months as proof? Also the letter from RTB, do they state my entire period of stay as it was never changed? If you can please give me some information so I can check with my letting agent.

Thank you again.
RTB letters have been issued annually automatically since 2022 (or maybe 2021? Can’t remember) on all registered leases to everyone named on lease. Including ongoing or new leases, doesn’t matter how long initial term was. Prior to 2022 RTB sent letter on first year lease was registered and you could call RTB and ask them to send you a letter in subsequent years - that’s how people have 5 RTB letters for applications this year . I wouldn’t bother with agent, I’d call RTB directly - they are the only ones who can issue the letter. Landlord/agent registers with RTB but RTB issues the letters. RTB letters don’t state length of lease, just that it is registered and then annually acknowledges it is still registered. People don’t tend to sign lease renewals, just stay in place until they or landlord gives notice.

Re broadband, you’ll need to call providers and ask for a combined landline phone and broadband package; or just landline service. Or look for price comparison tables for such a service- I’d be doing the same research to answer your question about specific providers and I’m afraid you’ll have to do it yourself.

citi12
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by citi12 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:45 pm

Vadrar wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:35 pm
citi12 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:55 pm
Vadrar wrote:
citi12 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.

Thank you again.
RTB letters have been issued annually automatically since 2022 (or maybe 2021? Can’t remember) on all registered leases to everyone named on lease. Including ongoing or new leases, doesn’t matter how long initial term was. Prior to 2022 RTB sent letter on first year lease was registered and you could call RTB and ask them to send you a letter in subsequent years - that’s how people have 5 RTB letters for applications this year . I wouldn’t bother with agent, I’d call RTB directly - they are the only ones who can issue the letter. Landlord/agent registers with RTB but RTB issues the letters. RTB letters don’t state length of lease, just that it is registered and then annually acknowledges it is still registered. People don’t tend to sign lease renewals, just stay in place until they or landlord gives notice.

Re broadband, you’ll need to call providers and ask for a combined landline phone and broadband package; or just landline service. Or look for price comparison tables for such a service- I’d be doing the same research to answer your question about specific providers and I’m afraid you’ll have to do it yourself.
Thank you very much for you help. I will follow up with the matter. It was really nice to get this information. I was completely unaware. Thanks again.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:47 pm

My pleasure, good luck

citi12
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by citi12 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:51 pm

Angel99 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:42 pm
citi12 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.
Hi,

Thank you for your information. I will keep in mind all the inputs I have received from this forum. Thanks again.