ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship payment letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hazelmoi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship payment letter

Post by hazelmoi » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:35 pm

Hi all, anybody here who received the payment letter with an out of date IRP? Did you still send the scanned copy of your expired IRP in the payment application?

Just to give a bit of background, my IRP expired on 01 Dec 23, there is a very huge backlog in Cork, they were still processing Aug applications when I sent a request for appointment, so it’s most likely by January before I will receive an appointment for renewal.

Now, I received my payment letter yesterday and does it make sense for me to submit the application with expired IRP and the email acknowlegement that the immigration sent thay they received my appointment request? Or am I better of paying after I renewed my IRP?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Citizenship payment letter

Post by meself2 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:02 pm

I'd say better not to risk it and pay it when you got your IRP renewed.

Even if you make a December ceremony, they would want you to have an in date IRP for it (and mine was checked).

Of course, you can ask them (via citizenshipifo/etc) but they won't answer I'm afraid.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

hazelmoi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by hazelmoi » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:05 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:02 pm

Even if you make a December ceremony, they would want you to have an in date IRP for it (and mine was checked).

Of course, you can ask them (via citizenshipifo/etc) but they won't answer I'm afraid.
Thank you! Do you know how long we can delay the payment?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:11 pm

hazelmoi wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:05 pm
meself2 wrote:

Thank you! Do you know how long we can delay the payment?
That's a good question. There is a certain time you need to pay within, but it's not known; see this discussion post2139301.html#p2139301

At the very least you should reach out to them, either asking what to do or specifying your actions to avoid possible issues.

Maybe contact your immigration office and explain this (you need it urgently for the ceremony)? They might have a better response rate compared to citizenship department (and would be happy to have one less person off their backlog forever? idk).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

hazelmoi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by hazelmoi » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:27 pm

Thanks again! I will try to go to the local garda/immigration tomorrow and see what they say. Hopefully they will extend my passport stamp until the 19th so I’m still covered.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:03 pm

meself2 wrote:

meslef plz confirm if Brp/ irp is checked for everyone on ceremoney. i live in northern ireland and dont have brp or irp . will i be ok with just passport ?
i used to have a brp but dont have it anymore as i naturalised british just before my irish citizenship approval came through , i never got to inform inis os my new citizenship.
plese share your thougt.
thank you

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:10 pm

New on forum wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:03 pm
meself2 wrote:

meslef plz confirm if Brp/ irp is checked for everyone on ceremoney. i live in northern ireland and dont have brp or irp . will i be ok with just passport ?
i used to have a brp but dont have it anymore as i naturalised british just before my irish citizenship approval came through , i never got to inform inis os my new citizenship.
plese share your thougt.
thank you
It was checked for me, as an Irish resident - not sure if they'll know what to do with you. I wouldn't expect them to bother with you too much as you're an outlier and they're not exactly familiar with UK immigration laws. You might not even have a BRP but still hold valid leave (ie EUSS).
Ask them by email?

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:14 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:10 pm
New on forum wrote:
meself2 wrote:

plese share your thougt.
thank you
It was checked for me, as an Irish resident - not sure if they'll know what to do with you. I wouldn't expect them to bother with you too much as you're an outlier and they're not exactly familiar with UK immigration laws. You might not even have a BRP but still hold valid leave (ie EUSS).
Ask them by email?
Thank you for replying .
What do you think about carrying my British passport in addition to my original non eu passport ? But they are not aware of my British passport as I only got it recently and only had non eu citizenship at the time of applying in 2021 .
I understand your was checked as Irish resident but isn't it true that they only require a passport normally ?

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:24 pm

New on forum wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:14 pm
meself2 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:10 pm
New on forum wrote:
meself2 wrote:

plese share your thougt.
thank you
Ask them by email?
Thank you for replying .
What do you think about carrying my British passport in addition to my original non eu passport ? But they are not aware of my British passport as I only got it recently and only had non eu citizenship at the time of applying in 2021 .
I understand your was checked as Irish resident but isn't it true that they only require a passport normally ?
They’ll want to see you’ve had continuous legal permission to be in UK. So bring your BRP and then your British passport. Did you pay €950 online? There’s a section there where they ask for all valid passport bio pages to be uploaded (in Supporting documents). That’s where you declare all citizenships.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:31 pm

Hi,
I don't have BRP as it was returned to immigration authorities after acquiring British naturalisation, it's a requirement to return it.
I have British passport available however my concern is they have never seen that passport before and on approval letter it only mentions my original nationality.
Yes I have paid £950 and and invitation confirmed for December eremoney .
Thanks

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:35 pm

New on forum wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:31 pm
Hi,
I don't have BRP as it was returned to immigration authorities after acquiring British naturalisation, it's a requirement to return it.
I have British passport available however my concern is they have never seen that passport before and on approval letter it only mentions my original nationality.
Yes I have paid £950 and and invitation confirmed for December eremoney .
Thanks
Did you pay online? Were you asked for copies of passport bio pages? A photocopy of your BRP will be fine to bring with you, along with British passport.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:43 pm

Yes I paid online but only uploaded my non eu passport and not the British passport .
I do have scanned copies of all BRPs I ever held .
On the INIS website they only mention a passport or driving licence as photo Id for registration . I am really hoping they only accept my passport and don't bother with any thing else ?
Thank you

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:01 pm

New on forum wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:43 pm
Yes I paid online but only uploaded my non eu passport and not the British passport .
On the INIS website they only mention a passport or driving licence as photo Id for registration . I am really hoping they only accept my passport and don't bother with any thing else ?
Thank you
You should see if you can add your British passport to the documents page. If not, send a copy by post to them, doesn’t need to be certified. Copies of all valid passports are explicitly asked for as part of naturalisation certification. Intentionally withholding that information could be problematic- and not just for the ceremony. Ireland has laws around obtaining additional citizenships after Irish naturalisation (except through marriage.) if you want to secure your Irish citizenship in light of also obtaining British you’ll need proof you have British before Irish. And the Irish have explicitly asked you to list all passports you have as part of certification, and you haven’t.

Registration for the ceremony is least of your worries. But that also becomes an issue if they want to check continuous status since they are awarding citizenship to a UK resident. Then your decision to withhold British citizenship declaration becomes apparent as soon as the ceremony.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:06 pm

Vadrar wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:01 pm
New on forum wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:43 pm
Thank you
You should see if you can add your British passport to the documents page. If not, send a copy by post to them, doesn’t need to be certified. Copies of all valid passports are explicitly asked for as part of naturalisation certification. Intentionally withholding that information could be problematic- and not just for the ceremony. Ireland has laws around obtaining additional citizenships after Irish naturalisation (except through marriage.) if you want to secure your Irish citizenship in light of also obtaining British you’ll need proof you have British before Irish. And the Irish have explicitly asked you to list all passports you have as part of certification, and you haven’t.

Registration for the ceremony is least of your worries. But that also becomes an issue if they want to check continuous status since they are awarding citizenship to a UK resident. Then your decision to withhold British citizenship declaration becomes apparent as soon as the ceremony.
Thank you I will go ahead and add the British passport and see what happens .