ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation timeline worries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Odd-Ordinary8417
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation timeline worries

Post by Odd-Ordinary8417 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:25 am

apologies for this post but i am seeing a pattern with naturalization timeline which is making me feel so anxious. i had biometrics on 21st july 2023 and so far no reply at all. i know still within 6 month period but now i am seeing people who applied even in august and September getting replies and alot of pre-July cases are still waiting. i never had any issues since arriving in uk in 2017 , meet every eligibility criteria , working, payslips, 2 british children and not a single thing or even a speeding/parking ticket i can think of that could raise concerns.

I was ok till i started seeing September cases being replied to and now it feels like backlog is being ignored or delayed :(, hope i am wrong but this was my experience so far.

Any feedback would be appreciated and would help dealing with my anxiety, apologies once again, thanks :cry:

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Naturalisation timeline worries

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:33 am

It's been less than 4 months since your biometrics appointment, so well within processing times. For now, rest assured, if there were concerns about your application UKVI would contact you. For now patience is the best course of action, I applied in May this year, biometrics in June, and was approved in October, so 4 months in. You are close to the 4 months mark yourself, brace yourself to wait a bit longer.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:33 am

We don't know how and why things are delayed. There's no magic information or solution we can provide, unfortunately. Your best bet is to forget about it till it's approved.

I was waiting for (Irish) naturalization for almost 2 years, so I can imagine what you're experiencing, but that's just how government machine works. You've got nothing to worry about - you have ILR, so you can stay in UK for however long it takes.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Odd-Ordinary8417
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Odd-Ordinary8417 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:35 am

meself2 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:33 am
We don't know how and why things are delayed. There's no magic information or solution we can provide, unfortunately. Your best bet is to forget about it till it's approved.

I was waiting for (Irish) naturalization for almost 2 years, so I can imagine what you're experiencing, but that's just how government machine works. You've got nothing to worry about - you have ILR, so you can stay in UK for however long it takes.
yes 100% i understand that but i was only getting like this since i saw september ones are getting approvals.

Odd-Ordinary8417
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Odd-Ordinary8417 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:40 am

contorted_svy wrote:
It's been less than 4 months since your biometrics appointment, so well within processing times. For now, rest assured, if there were concerns about your application UKVI would contact you. For now patience is the best course of action, I applied in May this year, biometrics in June, and was approved in October, so 4 months in. You are close to the 4 months mark yourself, brace yourself to wait a bit longer.
actually over 4 months nearing 5 months now but yes i get your point, and congrats on your approval :)

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:41 am

Odd-Ordinary8417 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:35 am
meself2 wrote:

yes 100% i understand that but i was only getting like this since i saw september ones are getting approvals.
Each application is dealt with separately, different nationalities, different case working teams and different timelines. As long as within the 6 months all should be ok.

From the timeline seem that some poorly gets it in as little as 1 weeks and some take longer than 6 months, but the average seem to be around 17/18 weeks.

All the best, I am awaiting mine too.

Congratulations @contorted_svy

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:53 am

Odd-Ordinary8417 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:40 am
contorted_svy wrote:
actually over 4 months nearing 5 months now but yes i get your point, and congrats on your approval :)
Sorry, calendar malfunction on my end! You are approaching the 5 months mark, as I said UKVI will be in touch if they have concerns. It could just be a fluctuation in the system, we don't have comprehensive statistics of all applicants and as others have said each application is assessed on a different timeline. Fingers crossed you get approved soon but no reason to worry for now.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

barabimbarabom
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by barabimbarabom » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:47 pm

Eligibility: 5 years spouse Bc+ILR june 2023

Proof of language : B1 trinity college + Life in the uk test

Date of aplication: 05/07/2023

Date of biometrics:11/07/2023

Aproval mail : ———-

Ceronomy date ———

I see that some people here applied much later than me, but their procedures are completed. This is starting to scare me. It's been 5 months and 3 days. Do I need to do anything? Also, how can I get the date for the ceremony without receiving a confirmation e-mail? thank you in advance for your help

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:57 pm

There’s nothing to do, the 6 months isn’t over yet, UKVI haven’t asked you for anything.
I know it’s easy said, many of us have been through this in the end we got the approval.
Please don’t stress yourself.
You cannot get a date for the ceremony before the approval has been given and the council has received your certificate.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

barabimbarabom
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by barabimbarabom » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:10 pm

Yes, 6 months have not expired yet and the home office did not ask for any extra documents or information. But Im so afraid. My question to you is, do you think I should send an e-mail to the home office or should I wait for 6 months to pass?

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:25 pm

barabimbarabom wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:10 pm
Yes, 6 months have not expired yet and the home office did not ask for any extra documents or information. But Im so afraid. My question to you is, do you think I should send an e-mail to the home office or should I wait for 6 months to pass?
You can always email and ask but for, what we see from other applicants, the response is pretty much he same always. Yet there is no harm sending an email

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:25 pm

barabimbarabom wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:10 pm
Wait for the 6 months to pass, then you could try and write an email (british-citizenship/nationality-enquire ... l#p2093594). If you are lucky to get a reply it will likely to be just a standard email without any info relating to your application.

Another option may be to contact your MP, however they also get standard replies.

Not sure what you are afraid of, can understand you are worried about the fees - but you have ILR which makes your status here secure and it wouldn't be taken away from you. Again don't stress too much.

And please let us know when you get the approval.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:36 am

barabimbarabom wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:47 pm

Ceronomy date ———

I see that some people here applied much later than me, but their procedures are completed. This is starting to scare me. It's been 5 months and 3 days. Do I need to do anything? Also, how can I get the date for the ceremony without receiving a confirmation e-mail? thank you in advance for your help
Each application is assessed on a different timeline, you are still within the 6 months, there isn't much use emailing them before the standard processing time. You haven't been asked for extra documents or any issue has been raised on your application, so for now, as hard as it is, patience is the best course of action for the next month. Hopefully you will hear back soon.

Odd-Ordinary8417
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Odd-Ordinary8417 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:27 am

yes its absolutely true and understandable but i think the reason for anxiety or worry is that how home ofice is processing applications. if no further information is asked or needed then they should clear the backlog and yet we are seeing applicants from even September getting the approvals and a i see lot from july are waiting. i wish good luck to everyone and hope everyone gets their approvals soon including us july applicants.

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:33 am

Odd-Ordinary8417 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:27 am
yes its absolutely true and understandable but i think the reason for anxiety or worry is that how home ofice is processing applications. if no further information is asked or needed then they should clear the backlog and yet we are seeing applicants from even September getting the approvals and a i see lot from july are waiting. i wish good luck to everyone and hope everyone gets their approvals soon including us july applicants.
It is done on a case by case basis, each application and each individual is unique to the HO.
Good luck to you.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:59 am

Odd-Ordinary8417 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:27 am
What we see on this forum is only a subset of applicants, not necessarily a representative sample so we can't draw conclusions on the inner workings of the HO and how they process applications. Your application is being processed and it is within the timelines they provide. I cross my fingers for you that soon you will receive a positive outcome.

barabimbarabom
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by barabimbarabom » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:29 pm

barabimbarabom wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:47 pm

Ceronomy date ———

There is still no update🤔

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:41 pm

This is not a delay yet - it is well within processing times, only been 5 months since biometrics.