ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New salary threshold of £38,700

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: New salary threshold of £38,700

Post by THO » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:50 am

FXR_1340 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:47 pm
FXR_1340 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:37 pm
THO wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:31 pm
FXR_1340 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:49 pm
THO wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:58 pm
FXR_1340 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:28 pm

So why not treat the Cause and not the Symptoms?
How do we treat the cause and not the symptoms? I'm very keen to hear your answer. Build more houses, and pave over green belt? That is a ticket to disaster.

Keep in mind, that the population must stop growing, if not now sometime in the future, the huge annual increases in population in year on year is not good for the UK.
In the Case in Point, why not begin by having more consideration of UK Citizens?

The current UK Govt is "not good for the UK"!

With regards addressing the Cause, does UK Govt actually know? UK Govt is a mess! It is blundering from one chicken-Up to another. This is just the latest effort to "protect our borders". The Govt is a joke. Yet again it panders to its odious Right Wing, just as it did with Brexit.

Dont forget, much of these issues stem from the 18thC and 19thC when it Plundered and Raped much of the world.

I would urge you, if not already done, to take a closer
look at the Visa process and who does and who doesn't need a Visa to enter UK. As I said the UK Govt is a joke!
Your reply is ridiculous, it has nothing to do with the UK govt, it has to do with trying to reduce net migration to manageable levels. How do they do it?

You did not answer your statement, as there is no answer, other than find ways to allow less people in. I.e. make it harder for them to obtain a visa. You might think it's heartless, but there is no way on earth there is the building capacity to achieve 300K homes in a year, so what gives, where do all the people live? Where would all the homes go. Right near me 800 new homes and a school and shops are being built on green belt, as we argue.

You believe what any opposition party tells you because it is the easy option. Easy to take pot shots at the incumbent. BTW, Labour has not come out against these plans, and as I understand will back them. So, so much for heartless Conservatives.

As for the 18th and 19th century, that of course was many decades ago, you can't possibly expect the UK to pay for their past actions forever, they were different times in history when many countries were out to rule others, and it's really not at all relevant now.
Sir, in response I would say, if this is the issue, (couples not having met), govt can STOP those who have not met from obtaining a Visa by simply making it known it is not acceptable?

However, you have already stated "it has nothing to do with Govt" (what utter nonsense!). Please restate the point you feel I did not answer. As for "Labour has not come out against these plans", you are correct. However, does this not say more about Labour than the issue at hand?

"You believe what any opposition party tells you because it is the easy option." , have you not just stated that the Opposition Party has said nothing?

"As for the 18th and 19th century, that of course was many decades ago, you can't possibly expect the UK to pay for their past actions forever", isnt this the new way? Apologising for all terrible things a country was involved in, in its past? I am not saying for one second this is the correct approach, but there you go!

Perhaps a bit of study into 18th and 19th C is required on your part?

On that point, and the fact you say it has nothing to do with it or has any relevance,, this too is rubbish due to that fact many peoples of the World became Entitled to a UK Passport?

Finally, Sir, I find some of your responses on this thread, at very best, to be borderline dearly beloved. Enjoy your stay in MY place of birth!
It would appear this site does not permit the word which discribes someone who my perhaps exhibit discriminations and/or prejudice. The word is not "dearly beloved" but does in fact begin with the letters RAC with 3 more to follow.
Just calling or accusing someone who you do not know, of being a dearly beloved person is just a very poor response showing you have no sensible answer, and your following Scottish independence, down with all Tory scum style rants, demonstrate that you have more prejudice than most.

Do as SS says, work harder and earn more money. And yes, I've travelled a lot in Asia, and they know the meaning of working hard, long hours, and saving. Since most of us mortals can't live on enlightenment alone, as we need money to pay the bills and save for our retirement, there seems few other options, or perhaps we could all move to Scotland when they become independent and live like kings for with no effort, or will they have an immigration policy stopping free movement?