ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New threshold and savings

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Becks149
United Kingdom

New threshold and savings

Post by Becks149 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 am

Hello

I am aware that there is no current update on how the new threshold of £38,700 will affect renewals.

As far as savings are concerned, if a spouse visa was granted via the £62,500 route and the visa needs extending before 29th February after 2.5 years of stay, will the new threshold have any impact on this? I am assuming that it won't because the Home Office can check their system to see how the financial requirement was initially achieved. Any discussion will be helpful?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New threshold and savings

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:56 am

As is being posted daily now, we dont know. We only what what everyone else does based on the media reports and statement by the government.

You will need to check for updates once the processes through parliament have been completed and any potential new rules and effective date announced.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Becks149
United Kingdom

Re: New threshold and savings

Post by Becks149 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:21 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:56 am
As is being posted daily now, we dont know. We only what what everyone else does based on the media reports and statement by the government.

You will need to check for updates once the processes through parliament have been completed and any potential new rules and effective date announced.
Thank you for your response.