ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Citizenship Application - Document Query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Abhi05
Newly Registered
India

Online Citizenship Application - Document Query

Post by Abhi05 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:51 pm

Hi All,
I am trying to apply for Citizenship online for my wife and me and have some questions. Anyone who has filled the online form, I will appreciate some help!

Q1.a. They have not mentioned anything about submitting the residency calculator with the online form. Do we not submit it with online application?

Q1.b. Same with passport. They have mentioned only biometric page. Do we not submit the entire passport?

Q2. For my wife, Type A -- Child Benefit Statement with Letters from School should suffice?

Q3. Alternatively, if I am submitting Bank Account Ststement, do we need to submit statement for 3 months with 3 POS (or ATM?) transactions only for each year?

Q4. Type B: I assume Broadband is considered a Utility? (https://www.gov.ie/en/service/dff85-con ... -internet/) -- How many broadband bills should I submit for each year? Entire 12 months?

Q5. I have a Rental Agreement only in my name for one year but a reference letter from the landlord mentioning my wife's name also. Can I use that as Type B (I can create a pdf with landlord's letter on top and the agreement to follow that)

If someone could please clarify on these, it will be a great help!
Thanks,
Abhi

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Online Citizenship Application - Document Query

Post by Vadrar » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:07 pm

Abhi05 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:51 pm
Hi All,
I am trying to apply for Citizenship online for my wife and me and have some questions. Anyone who has filled the online form, I will appreciate some help!

Q1.a. They have not mentioned anything about submitting the residency calculator with the online form. Do we not submit it with online application?

Q1.b. Same with passport. They have mentioned only biometric page. Do we not submit the entire passport?

Q2. For my wife, Type A -- Child Benefit Statement with Letters from School should suffice?

Q3. Alternatively, if I am submitting Bank Account Ststement, do we need to submit statement for 3 months with 3 POS (or ATM?) transactions only for each year?

Q4. Type B: I assume Broadband is considered a Utility? (https://www.gov.ie/en/service/dff85-con ... -internet/) -- How many broadband bills should I submit for each year? Entire 12 months?

Q5. I have a Rental Agreement only in my name for one year but a reference letter from the landlord mentioning my wife's name also. Can I use that as Type B (I can create a pdf with landlord's letter on top and the agreement to follow that)

If someone could please clarify on these, it will be a great help!
Thanks,
Abhi
1a no
1b certified colour copy of bio page plus passport certification page
2 child support plus school letter confirming child’s attendance should be sufficient
3 3 consecutive months per year and each statement should have at least 3 POS per month. ATM not relevant.
4 broadband is not a utility bill unless fixed phone line is part of package. Gas, electric, fixed phone line, bins work.
5 lease agreement and reference needs to be merged into one document

Abhi05
Newly Registered
India

Post by Abhi05 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:33 pm

Thank you so much Vardar. You are a star!

Just one last query and I will be sorted. How many months of utility bills should I submit for each year. Do I need the entire 12 months bills for every year if I choose to submit my electricity bill?

Thanks a lot!

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:38 pm

Abhi05 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:33 pm
Thank you so much Vardar. You are a star!

Just one last query and I will be sorted. How many months of utility bills should I submit for each year. Do I need the entire 12 months bills for every year if I choose to submit my electricity bill?

Thanks a lot!
They seem to be satisfied with as few as a single month for electricity. I’d include 3 consecutive months as a safeguard.

Abhi05
Newly Registered
India

Post by Abhi05 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:40 pm

Thanks a lot!
I appreciate your help!

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:46 pm

Abhi05 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:40 pm
Thanks a lot!
I appreciate your help!
You’re very welcome, good luck.

Abhi05
Newly Registered
India

Re: Online Citizenship Application Query

Post by Abhi05 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:41 pm

Hi there,

Sorry but I have another question: I checked the residency calculator and it shows : Year prior to application not continuous

IRP expiry: 22/07/2023
Requested for appointment: 24/05/2023
Received the reply with appointment email: 27/07/2023
Appointment Date: 16/08/2023

The gap here is from 22/07 - 16/08
As you can see I had requested for the appointment well in time but the immigration office was overbooked and hence the delay.
Can I still go ahead with the application and confirm this? - By ticking this box I confirm that I have entered my residency permission stamps in to the online residency checker and that I satisfy the residency conditions.

If someone could please help!

Thanks,
Abhi

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Online Citizenship Application Query

Post by Vadrar » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:00 pm

Abhi05 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:41 pm
Hi there,

Sorry but I have another question: I checked the residency calculator and it shows : Year prior to application not continuous

IRP expiry: 22/07/2023
Requested for appointment: 24/05/2023
Received the reply with appointment email: 27/07/2023
Appointment Date: 16/08/2023

The gap here is from 22/07 - 16/08
As you can see I had requested for the appointment well in time but the immigration office was overbooked and hence the delay.
Can I still go ahead with the application and confirm this? - By ticking this box I confirm that I have entered my residency permission stamps in to the online residency checker and that I satisfy the residency conditions.

If someone could please help!

Thanks,
Abhi
I’d tick yes and ensure you have copies proving when you applied etc in case they ask. They aren’t likely to ask, but don’t lose those records.

Abhi05
Newly Registered
India

Post by Abhi05 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:05 pm

Thank you so much again Vadrar!

You are a life saver! I am all set with my documentation and I thought I will just confirm before I finally apply.
I have made hard copies of the emails and will keep them in my file if they ask!

Regards,
Abhi

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:41 am

Vadrar wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:07 pm
Abhi05 wrote:
Vadrar's answer to #3 - 3 consecutive months per year and each statement should have at least 3 POS per month. ATM not relevant.
Could I check something please?
I note that ATM transactions aren't relevant but POS are.
What about Contactless?
My bank differentiates between Contactless (VDC) and POS (VDP).
Does this mean that one must make sure that a PIN number is used for transactions at least three times a month for three consecutive months each year?

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:45 pm

lxk wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:41 am
Vadrar wrote:
Abhi05 wrote:
Vadrar's answer to #3 - 3 consecutive months per year and each statement should have at least 3 POS per month. ATM not relevant.
What about Contactless?
Does this mean that one must make sure that a PIN number is used for transactions at least three times a month for three consecutive months each year?
VDC and VDP both totally fine. Some banks note the differentiation and some don’t (eg my Irish bricks and mortar does, my neobank doesn’t). As long as it wasn’t an online transaction or direct debit/standing order and you made it while physically in a shop in Ireland, you’ll be fine.

And if anyone is reading and wants to know which banks are acceptable - as long as they are regulated by Irish or an EU banking regulator, they are fine.

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:23 pm

Vadrar wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:45 pm
lxk wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:41 am
Vadrar wrote:
Abhi05 wrote:
What about Contactless?
VDC and VDP both totally fine. Some banks note the differentiation and some don’t (eg my Irish bricks and mortar does, my neobank doesn’t). As long as it wasn’t an online transaction or direct debit/standing order and you made it while physically in a shop in Ireland, you’ll be fine.

And if anyone is reading and wants to know which banks are acceptable - as long as they are regulated by Irish or an EU banking regulator, they are fine.
Thanks Vadrar, you're a star.