ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two citizenship applications, one approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Two citizenship applications, one approval

Post by sairsint » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:13 pm

Has anyone else encounter the situation where they applied for citizenship with their partner and they were approved before you?

We applied together (using a solicitor) so all of the evidence was completely the same, residency requirements, etc. all the same. Even our evetting started and completed at the exact same time, yet they just received their approval letter yesterday to pay the final fee, etc. and I am still waiting for mine.

It really could just be down to timing as I know there was a last minute push for attendance to the ceremony next week, but I am just curious if anyone else had a similar situation happen to them.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Two citizenship applications, one approval

Post by Vadrar » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:37 pm

sairsint wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:13 pm
Has anyone else encounter the situation where they applied for citizenship with their partner and they were approved before you?

We applied together (using a solicitor) so all of the evidence was completely the same, residency requirements, etc. all the same. Even our evetting started and completed at the exact same time, yet they just received their approval letter yesterday to pay the final fee, etc. and I am still waiting for mine.

It really could just be down to timing as I know there was a last minute push for attendance to the ceremony next week, but I am just curious if anyone else had a similar situation happen to them.
Instances where two different applications are processed at the same timeline is rare- it would be coincidence only. Batch processing of thousands of applications (eg evetting or invitations) cane make it look like applications are being processed together, but it is just that they happen to be in same batch of thousands.

Earlier envelopes (eg 2021) with multiple applications were intentionally split up and processed by different officers. Now of course, online adult applications can’t be submitted together to ensure there is no dual processing. Even during the last year of paper applications people were told they couldn’t submit together and applications in the same envelopes starting being returned for individual resubmission.

I add that context only to say they go to some lengths to ensure there is not simultaneous processing of applications by two partners. So your experience is to be expected. FBR and child applications are different - there is an allowance for package processing there.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:19 pm

Vadrar wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:37 pm
sairsint wrote:

Instances where two different applications are processed at the same timeline is rare- it would be coincidence only. Batch processing of thousands of applications (eg evetting or invitations) cane make it look like applications are being processed together, but it is just that they happen to be in same batch of thousands.

Earlier envelopes (eg 2021) with multiple applications were intentionally split up and processed by different officers. Now of course, online adult applications can’t be submitted together to ensure there is no dual processing. Even during the last year of paper applications people were told they couldn’t submit together and applications in the same envelopes starting being returned for individual resubmission.

I add that context only to say they go to some lengths to ensure there is not simultaneous processing of applications by two partners. So your experience is to be expected. FBR and child applications are different - there is an allowance for package processing there.
Makes sense and I appreciate your insight. I didn't think they were being processed together so to speak. Also their application number is slightly lower than might (sequentially), so maybe the cutoff was right in between the two numbers.

I just found it odd, but then again, this entire process has been very odd all along so it's really not surprising to me this would happen. I suppose one silver lining is that if the evidence we provided was good enough to approve one application, it should be good enough for the other as well.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:45 pm

sairsint wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:19 pm
Vadrar wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:37 pm
sairsint wrote:

Makes sense and I appreciate your insight. I didn't think they were being processed together so to speak. Also their application number is slightly lower than might (sequentially), so maybe the cutoff was right in between the two numbers.

I just found it odd, but then again, this entire process has been very odd all along so it's really not surprising to me this would happen. I suppose one silver lining is that if the evidence we provided was good enough to approve one application, it should be good enough for the other as well.
I’m not even sure processing relates to application number. Honestly, it’s essentially been a dumpster fire of process design historically and they’ve got so many different processing still variants going on. They’ll settle down when they’ve processed all paper files (I hope 🤨) and timelines should become more linear and predictable.

But yes, your proofs should be fine.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:58 pm

It's just how it is - there are no rules in terms of order (or at least not apparent). People applying at the same time got approvals months/years apart.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:08 pm

meself2 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:58 pm
It's just how it is - there are no rules in terms of order (or at least not apparent). People applying at the same time got approvals months/years apart.
Except for the fact their own policy is to process applications in chronological order, but we’ve seen this broken so many times at this point.

newmember2023
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by newmember2023 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:50 am

My spouse and I applied back in Jan 2022 and all of the processes (ack, evetting, approval, payment processing) happened at the same time for the both of us, except the ceremony invite. I was invited to the Oct ceremony and she is invited to the Dec one. So, it seems there can be differences in the timeline even at the very last step.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:29 pm

newmember2023 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:50 am
My spouse and I applied back in Jan 2022 and all of the processes (ack, evetting, approval, payment processing) happened at the same time for the both of us, except the ceremony invite. I was invited to the Oct ceremony and she is invited to the Dec one. So, it seems there can be differences in the timeline even at the very last step.
I appreciate this information.

They just received their invite to the ceremony in December today, so hopefully I'll be invited to the next one. Assuming they keep their word on having more of them to clear the backlog, it should be in March and not June.