ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help - dependant visa application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pray4all
India

Need help with Dependent visa application

Post by pray4all » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:26 am

Dear Gurus, Moderators,

Its been few years since I previously applied for visa extension, so assume few things would have changed. I also want to be doubly sure that I start with correct application.

My wife was on Tier2 general (5 years) until 2020 and subsequently became British citizen Mar'2022.

I first became her PBS dependent starting Nov'2019. First PBS dependent - Nov'19 to Dec'20.
First renewal (Visa Type: Dependent Partner Leave to Remain) - Jan'21 to Jan'24

My question is previously I used to apply against PBS dependent Partner application. As far as I am aware all Tier2 has been replaced with Skilled worker visa.

So do I also need to now file the renewal against Skilled worker visa dependent (within UK)?
can you please share link so that I am 100% sure I start application against correct application.

or is there any category as ILR dependent or British citizen dependent? I intend to complete 5 years from Nov'19 to Nov'24 (when I wife started as T2G) and then file ILR....or PBS skilled worker Dependent is the right category to file?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need help with Dependent visa application

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:09 am

So do I also need to now file the renewal against Skilled worker visa dependent (within UK)?
Correct
can you please share link so that I am 100% sure I start application against correct application.
There is only one link!! Google?

https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... anner=true
or is there any category as ILR dependent or British citizen dependent?

There is but it will reset your clock to zero and a new 5 year route to ilr.
I intend to complete 5 years from Nov'19 to Nov'24 (when I wife started as T2G) and then file ILR....or PBS skilled worker Dependent is the right category to file?
Skilled worker dependent is the correct route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:27 am

Thanks CR001

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:37 pm

Hello Gurus / Moderator,

I have started filling dependant visa application and have few doubts in the application form. please can you check and confirm.

NOTE - My wife already has attained British Passport & I am applying in continuation to PBS Dependant visa (based on wife's previous Tier2 general attainment in Nov' 2015 and I coming to her dependant route in 2019) and PBS dependant child visa

Eligibility
  • Has your spouse or partner applied to work or study in the UK? I have answered 'YES'
  • Has your partner been informed they are eligible for a Health and Care visa? I have answered 'NO'
Linking Code for family members
  • Will any other family members be applying to come to the UK? - I have answered 'YES'
  • Have any other family members started their application? I have answered 'YES' (I have started child application)
  • Have any family members been given a family linking code? - I have answered 'NO' (I have received family linking code and I suppose I need to use while completing child application??)
  • How many other family members will be applying? - I (just for 1 child)
Partner application details
  • What time period does <wife name> Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) cover? - i have said more than 3....but in the application nowhere the CoS number is asked?? is this correct?? how this application would be linked?? would this linked with UAN number...and therefore would UAN be Tier2 General?? or ILR?? or UK passport??
People applying with you
  • Does <wife name> already have their Skilled worker visa? I have answered YES (is this correct though she has now attained UK passport?? believe this is how i would be identified as skilled worker dependant)
  • Do you have <wife name> UAN? and provide <wife name> UAN - which UAN?? ILR Set0 UAN? or any other? - she is not applying with me..
  • Have any of <wife's name> children already applied? - I have answered NO...considering they are applying with me
  • Under child application - Are you the first member of <wife name> family to apply? - believe 'NO' as 'myself' is the first member ???
  • Under child application - Are either of your parents applying for a visa to come to the UK? I have said 'YES' as I am applying along with child (though I am already in UK and not applying to come but to remain in UK??
Travel history
  • How long have you lived in the UK? - I was in UK as Tier2 ICT few times before 2015 on/off....however when wife came attained Tier2 general in Nov, 2015, I have started living here continuously....is this OK to specify 8 years (from Nov'2015) or do I need to mention previous years too??
  • How many times have you visited the following places in the past 10 years - EEA ?? I visited Slovakia on Schengen visa 3 times because of work....however seems like form allows max entries 2 times...would this be ok??....also they are asking about 10 years history....does it link to previous question whether they need data for last 10 years on ICT too??
Did you receive medical treatment in the UK?
  • Were you told that you had to pay the hospital, clinic or doctor's surgery for your medical treatment?

This is very tricky and grilling question...I & kid have been in general to GP for cold/coughs treatment....couple of times child has been to A&E....and we have also under taken private treatment...do we need to mention all?
    a) GP ?
    b) dental ?
    c) A&E ?
    d) Private GP?

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:56 am

In addition to below queries, request for your help around IHS fees as well...since I am filling another PBS dependant visa extension and left with 1 year for my ILR, would I still need to pay IHS for next 3 years and then get refund OR I would have option to pay for 1 year / x months?

Thanks xx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:43 pm

The extension is for 3 years, you have to pay ihs for 3 years.

If you choose to pay less, you will be asked to pay the difference and this can cause delays.

You could try for a refund but the website does say no refund if you apply for ilr. There is no mandatory requirment to apply for ilr at exactly 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:29 pm

Thanks CR001 - you have always been very helpful since I have come to this portal. Please can you help guide below doubts on the application form as well...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE - My wife already has attained British Passport & I am applying in continuation to PBS Dependant visa (based on wife's previous Tier2 general attainment in Nov' 2015 and I coming to her dependant route in 2019) and PBS dependant child visa

Eligibility
  • Has your spouse or partner applied to work or study in the UK? I have answered 'YES'
  • Has your partner been informed they are eligible for a Health and Care visa? I have answered 'NO'
Linking Code for family members
  • Will any other family members be applying to come to the UK? - I have answered 'YES'
  • Have any other family members started their application? I have answered 'YES' (I have started child application)
  • Have any family members been given a family linking code? - I have answered 'NO' (I have received family linking code and I suppose I need to use while completing child application??)
  • How many other family members will be applying? - I (just for 1 child)
Partner application details
  • What time period does <wife name> Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) cover? - i have said more than 3....but in the application nowhere the CoS number is asked?? is this correct?? how this application would be linked?? would this linked with UAN number...and therefore would UAN be Tier2 General?? or ILR?? or UK passport??
People applying with you
  • Does <wife name> already have their Skilled worker visa? I have answered YES (is this correct though she has now attained UK passport?? believe this is how i would be identified as skilled worker dependant)
  • Do you have <wife name> UAN? and provide <wife name> UAN - which UAN?? ILR Set0 UAN? or any other? - she is not applying with me..
  • Have any of <wife's name> children already applied? - I have answered NO...considering they are applying with me
  • Under child application - Are you the first member of <wife name> family to apply? - believe 'NO' as 'myself' is the first member ???
  • Under child application - Are either of your parents applying for a visa to come to the UK? I have said 'YES' as I am applying along with child (though I am already in UK and not applying to come but to remain in UK??
Travel history
  • How long have you lived in the UK? - I was in UK as Tier2 ICT few times before 2015 on/off....however when wife came attained Tier2 general in Nov, 2015, I have started living here continuously....is this OK to specify 8 years (from Nov'2015) or do I need to mention previous years too??
  • How many times have you visited the following places in the past 10 years - EEA ?? I visited Slovakia on Schengen visa 3 times because of work....however seems like form allows max entries 2 times...would this be ok??....also they are asking about 10 years history....does it link to previous question whether they need data for last 10 years on ICT too??
Did you receive medical treatment in the UK?
  • Were you told that you had to pay the hospital, clinic or doctor's surgery for your medical treatment?

This is very tricky and grilling question...I & kid have been in general to GP for cold/coughs treatment....couple of times child has been to A&E....and we have also under taken private treatment...do we need to mention all?
    a) GP ?
    b) dental ?
    c) A&E ?
    d) Private GP?
[/quote]

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:09 am
Correct
There is only one link!! Google?

or is there any category as ILR dependent or British citizen dependent?

There is but it will reset your clock to zero and a new 5 year route to ilr.
I intend to complete 5 years from Nov'19 to Nov'24 (when I wife started as T2G) and then file ILR....or PBS skilled worker Dependent is the right category to file?
Skilled worker dependent is the correct route.
Hi CR001 - In one of the other post, I am reading that one of the person is receiving Type of application as 'PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent dependant partner'.....with the same link thats provided earlier by you...whereas in my application - type of visa application is 'Dependant Partner' because I choose 'What visa have they applied for? Skilled worker.....last renewal my application category was ''PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent dependant partner'....so dont know which one is correct?

can you kindly help on urgent basis as I do need to submit the application by end of this week.....thanks

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:55 pm

Hi @CR001 - After much digging in the google, I have now found another link that caters to PBS Dependant applications (for people who were granted leave under Tier 2 along with Skilled worker)...

This is an entirely different form as compared to Skilled worker Dependant visa form.

Differences: Skilled worker didnt allow to add child application...we had to submit separate applications and link with partner dependant...

PBS Dependant form allows to add child within same application.. the questions are different to skilled worker dependant..

Can you please double check at your end and hopefully this would be very helpful to many others..

PBS Dependant Application Link - Type of VISA application: PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent dependant partner

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ytics=true

within url - pbs-dependant-partner

Skilled Worker Dependant Application Link - Type of VISA application : Dependant Partner

within url - brp_reuse_pbs_dependant_partner_in_uk

May be they both serve same purpose..or could be different....dont know....please can you check and confirm.

Kxt
Philippines

Post by Kxt » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:11 pm

Is there any update on this? I am confused too. I previously applied for visa renewal of my husband under PBS dependant but I am confised now if I should use the skilled worker dependant application form. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:56 pm

Kxt wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:11 pm
Is there any update on this? I am confused too. I previously applied for visa renewal of my husband under PBS dependant but I am confised now if I should use the skilled worker dependant application form. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I have figured out today that if you go with Skilled worker dependant route (inside UK) and then choose option of using phone to do digit verification, then new form will come with the questions that I have listed previously in my thread....

If you choose with the option to submit biometrics manually and go to VCAS for appointment....then the form that you would have filled few years back (Dependant and Not Skilled worker one) loads....and that was creating the confusion....

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:37 pm

Hello Moderators / Gurus,

After much effort, I suppose I am deciding to NOT go with digital verification method as its loading form with slightly complicated questions...

My wife has attained citizenship on Tier2 General (5 years) route only starting Nov'2015.

Now while filling the old version of Dependant application form, it asks for:

1. Which visa or permission to stay has <wife> applied for or been granted? - Skilled Worker (Including Tier 2 General)

2. Do you have one of these Home Office reference numbers for <wife> - it lists <UAN / BRP / GWF> option.

What should I mention here - ILR BRP/UAN or Naturalisation UAN?...little confused here as my application is based on her CoS / ILR but she is British now!!

3. Do you have <wife> passport - I have mentioned British Passport number

4. Regarding IHS fees:

I became dependant starting Nov, 2019....first dependant BRP - Nov'2019 to Dec'2020
First Dependant visa extension - 19 Jan'2021 to 19 Jan'2024
Renewal dependant visa extension - which is for next 3 years I believe...how should I calculate this 3 years? shall I mention start date as 20 Jan'24 + 3 years (as end date?)

I would be grateful if you could provide urgent help please..thanks

Kxt
Philippines

Post by Kxt » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:26 pm

Hello, so did you use the tier 2 pbs dependant link? Thank you.

pray4all
India

urgent help - dependant visa application

Post by pray4all » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:10 pm

Hello All,

Previously I submitted post to figure out, what type of application form I should put forward as there seems to be 2 types available currently - one with digital verified (skilled worker) and other without digitally verified (PBS Dependant)...without digitally verifies allows to add child in the same application so I have decided to stick to this way of filling.

I have been on dependant visa (2nd renewal) with 1 years left for ILR...wife already ILR (via T2G route) and British Citizen.

Request to kindly check if I have filled few questions correctly:

Do you have any of these reference numbers for Mrs <wife>?
1. I have provided British Passport #, ILR BRP #? - is that ok to provide both numbers?

The person you are joining or accompanying
2. Which visa or permission to stay has Mrs <wife> applied for or been granted? Skilled Worker (Including Tier 2 General)

3. Does Mrs <wife> already have their Skilled Worker immigration permission? YES / NO - Unsure about this question? as she has now received British passport

4. What does medical treatment means? would normal visit to GP / A&E / dental comprise of medical treatment? do we need to provide all the details?

5. IHS Fees - I have been guided I would need to pay IHS for 3 years (start date: submit date, end date: submit date + 3 years)...since I have added child....I have yet not submitted application so unsure will I get one IHS ref and will it be auto calculated with child + mine fees OR do I need to register somewhere for IHS first and then include IHS number as part of application submission??

5. Documents: Below docs are currently mentioned in pdf
Mandatory: Passport (myself & child); BRP (myself & child); birth certificate; relationship status of child with wife (I believe passport)

It has not asked for any other docs that's referenced in uk website (https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... %20expires) such as:

a. Your partner You must be able to prove that either: you’ve been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply

b. Your child - They must: not be married or in a civil partnership
You’ll need to provide evidence of their address, such as: NHS registration document / an official letter from their university or college

c. Money they need to support themselves - Your partner and children must have a certain amount of money available to support themselves while they’re in the UK.

DO I need to provide any documents related to these? so i need to upload in other section?

Request for your quick response. Many Thanks