ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU's residence rules can be changed ?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

keerni
Newly Registered

EU's residence rules can be changed ?

Post by keerni » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:46 pm

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:51 am

Well anything is possible so I believe they can change it if they want and I guess they will call it ( amendment ).

How come Someone holding a EU residence is still not qualified under the same EU law ?

How come someone will have to get 2 or 3 residence from different EU state before he or she can qualify under the so called EU law ?

So first residence in any EU shouldn't be issued under the EU...means its issued under national law. Then will have to travel to 1 or 2 other EU state to be able to qualify under the EU law, This is so so so so so funny.

So in other words....non-EU citizens will have to apply or hold 2-3 residence in different EU states in other to qualify under the EU law.

Even a 10years old child knows this doesn't make sense but anyway its their territory so they can do whatever they like with it cus I see this issue is mostly for non-EU citizens....not affecting EU citizens married to an EU citizen, Only affecting non-EU married to an EU.
Charles4u

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:13 am

This means that my case would become hopless: I am a british citizen who married a Russian in Italy. Under which national laws would my wife be allowed to live in the EU, tell me that.

Barroso lost a great occasion to keep his mouth shut.
Aiming at travelling to the UK with my wife and not with an EEA FP!

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:40 am

Richard66 wrote:This means that my case would become hopless: I am a british citizen who married a Russian in Italy. Under which national laws would my wife be allowed to live in the EU, tell me that.

Barroso lost a great occasion to keep his mouth shut.
Barroso...Mr bar mouth will do anything to make it happen, I just don't understand why...getting 2-3 residence before you can have the EU rights ?

Richard that your question should be directed to Barroso ...cus I don't get the meaning of EU and the uniting thing...

If EU citizen's ID is just issued (like Romanian national ID is different from German) and they can even go with this ID to any EU country without passport, So what is different with the residence ID issued to non-EU...The both is issued by the same EU countries, so why cant it have the same value ?

After all my wife's ID doesn't say EU citizen but its valid in all EU states, so why cant the same residence issued by this EU countries be valid the same way But I guess they have to apply 2-3 times ..

I'm sure a 5 years old child will find this confusing.
Charles4u