ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-MAIL TO UKBA CASEWORKER EEA2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daria
Newly Registered

E-MAIL TO UKBA CASEWORKER EEA2

Post by daria » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:52 pm

Guys, did anyone received recently e-mail from their caseworker?

Could you help to figure out the structure of e-mail address?
I have tried 4 different options (see below) but none of them got delivered, I received Delivery Status Notification (Failure) for all four and had to send my message to general complaint e-mail address this Wednesday (as you may guess I got no reply). My caseworker name is Paul Smith.
I was following the below suggestions:

daria

New postPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Hello Engink,
By knowing you caseworker full name, how can I send him an e-mail, if he did not provide me with one?
Let's say his name is Paul Smith, is this going to be psmith@ukba.gov.uk?
I have sent my additional documents on 3 December by registered delivery,did not hear from him since.
fysicus

New postPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
I had email contact some time ago, when it was still called IND, and the structure was firstname.surname@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
may be the email-domain still exists, or may be you need to replace ind by ukba. Anyway, it's worth a try.
For example, you can still use the IND website address (http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/) and it redirects you to the UKBA website

Please share if you received e-mail from UKBA recently, I would like to contact my case worker directly.

Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:38 pm

If the caseworker did not quote a direct e-mail address then he is not expecting you or does not want you to contact him / her by e-mail. Even if you do manage to get the e-mail through you will not get a confirmation of receipt as that is blocked on the system. If it did get through he / she is unlikely to contact you back via e-mail.

The format of the e-mail is not as simple as a name followed by whatever. Common names have numbers in them to identify different john smiths. Some have other initials in them as well.

To add to the fun there are at least four different @whatever endings for UKBA employees.

daria
Newly Registered

Post by daria » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:43 am

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Frontier Mole, but I was asking about real experiences with contacting caseworker by e-mail.
If my e-mail will get through the system, I will leave it to the caseworker to choose to reply or not reply.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:48 am

Can't get any more real!
I might be the very caseworker you are trying to get after Smithy passed it on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doubt it though - don't deal with low end EEA stuff....... and not based in Liverpool either so that kinda leaves me out.

By the way there are a number of Paul Smith's in UKBA - so good luck finding the right one :wink:

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:37 am

If it's anything like the UK Gov email systems I work with it'll sth like firstname,number,lastname@gov.uk or whatever.

paul.2.smith@whatever.net for example, but if he's the first or only Paul Smith at whayever.net he'll be just paul.smith@whatever.net

Just looked thru ours as an example, we've got 23 paul smiths!

If ur savvy u can use smtp commands, just telnet to the domains MX DNS record IP on port 25, peice of piss, see what's there...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

daria
Newly Registered

Post by daria » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:26 am

Frontier Mole,
It may come as surprise for you, but the Paul Smith's name I gave was just example. It's strange that it never occurred to you that some people are not that naive to give away real names either caseworker of their own on this or any other websites.
Please do not bother to post in this topic if you are not able to help.
It's not a doubtful sense of humour am looking for on this website, but real advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:06 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:45 am

Then why did you say your caseworkers name is Paul Smith?
Could you help to figure out the structure of e-mail address?
I have tried 4 different options (see below) but none of them got delivered, I received Delivery Status Notification (Failure) for all four and had to send my message to general complaint e-mail address this Wednesday (as you may guess I got no reply). My caseworker name is Paul Smith.
Oh, I forgot, typical selective migrant memory loss, a terrible affliction......

daria
Newly Registered

Post by daria » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:38 pm

Thank you vinny!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:59 pm

daria wrote:Frontier Mole,
It may come as surprise for you, but the Paul Smith's name I gave was just example. It's strange that it never occurred to you that some people are not that naive to give away real names either caseworker of their own on this or any other websites.
Please do not bother to post in this topic if you are not able to help.
It's not a doubtful sense of humour am looking for on this website, but real advice.
Do not bother to post if you can't hold to one story.
There is a cure for selective migrant memory loss, it is called the truth.

Good luck and I hope your refusals are many......

Well done Vinny you have managed to find one of the four @whatever UKBA e-mail address regimes. By the way that is the main Home Office address ending. Not likely to get you to a UKBA caseworker......

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:10 am

Another one (or two)?
update on key migration & border issues of interest to stakeholders wrote:changes to Some UKBA Email Addresses & letters

UK Border Agency email addresses that have ‘ind’ in them changed from 18th October. For example, firstname.surname@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk has changed to firstname.surname@ukba.gsi.gov.uk. All emails sent to the old style address will automatically be re-directed to the new one till further notice.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:27 am

Just one more to go and you have the entire set :D

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:00 am

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:21 pm

Think who the newbies are in UKBA..... if fact that might actually bring the number up to five different ways to e-mail UKBA.

m-e-d
Newly Registered

Post by m-e-d » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:38 pm

Frontier Mole!! havn't you got a life?????!! you are on every topic man!!!

get a life and express your honest nazi views in person (if you got personality and can face real life) rather than hiding behind a screen like a coward and expose your venum

where are the bloody administrators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:47 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Think who the newbies are in UKBA..... if fact that might actually bring the number up to five different ways to e-mail UKBA.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:49 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Think who the newbies are in UKBA..... if fact that might actually bring the number up to five different ways to e-mail UKBA.
firstname.lastname@psw_visa_refusals'r'us.gov.uk?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:39 am

m-e-d wrote:Frontier Mole!! havn't you got a life?????!! you are on every topic man!!!

get a life and express your honest nazi views in person (if you got personality and can face real life) rather than hiding behind a screen like a coward and expose your venum

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear seem to upset the migrant...... how is the EEA application coming along? Do not worry it will get to the top of the pile in a few more months. You never know it might even get granted.

As for being a Nazi - now that kind of statement is likely to get you put off the board. We would not want that now with your eloquent writing skills.

As for expressing myself, I do it daily by winning in court, revoking bogus visas and ILR claims and generally annoying the hell out of immigration abusers. As a UK tax payer (assuming you are employed) you are helping to pay for my very substantial salary. So I would like to thank you for your contribution.

As for coming out from behind the screen - I am there every working day, little badge on chest smiling sweetly to those lovely migrants who pass through my hands. Some even smile back :D

Most look really sad as they are carted off to the prison or the detention centre. Especially after their "day in court" when I have hammered there pathetic woeful little stories into a pulp but hay ho someone out there has to have all the fun.

Welcome to Britain as they say........

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:04 am

vinny wrote:
We have a winner - respect!

Pushed your parliament link on Metock round the office - you could hear the moans as they opened and read the link. You might have gathered our side don't like the look of how much bending over backwards it looks like we are going to be doing. Ah well lose a few but that still leaves win a lot. (No dog biscuit jokes from Wanderer!)

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:07 am

Frontier Mole wrote:Pushed your parliament link on Metock round the office - you could hear the moans as they opened and read the link. You might have gathered our side don't like the look of how much bending over backwards it looks like we are going to be doing. Ah well lose a few but that still leaves win a lot.
To be honest, it seems to me that you are losing ground in this battle. I can see the defeats, but there does not seem to be a lot of winning going on. And would it be so difficult to implement the European right of free movement both according to the letter and the spirit of the law?

I know that it does require some changes, and that it may be a new approach. But look at what they have done on the other side of the channel tunnel: even a non-EU state is now part of the Schengen free travel zone. And despite all pessimism that has not caused the end of civilisation as we know it.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:21 am

I see a re-write of the UK EEA regs. which may not be a bad thing.
The EU law is busting great chunks out of the the regs. so why try and fix a sinking ship when they can build a new one that has a better chance of staying afloat.

Can't see the UK totally buying into free movement, there are just to many scare factors for the Gov to deal with.

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:41 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:I see a re-write of the UK EEA regs. which may not be a bad thing.
The EU law is busting great chunks out of the the regs. so why try and fix a sinking ship when they can build a new one that has a better chance of staying afloat.
I can see that we agree here. Hopefully it will get a bit easier for everybody, or do I have my hopes too high? Does it really take an ECJ judgement to decide that an application form with 25 pages that includes another few hundred pages by reference is too complicated? Hehe, just ranting.
Can't see the UK totally buying into free movement, there are just to many scare factors for the Gov to deal with.
No, it is not going to happen, and mostly because the population is not behind it. In "Europe" everybody loves free travel, but here the mood is different.

m-e-d
Newly Registered

Post by m-e-d » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:26 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
m-e-d wrote:Frontier Mole!! havn't you got a life?????!! you are on every topic man!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear seem to upset the migrant...... how is the EEA application coming along? Do not worry it will get to the top of the pile in a few more months. You never know it might even get granted.

As for being a Nazi - now that kind of statement is likely to get you put off the board. We would not want that now with your eloquent writing skills.

As for expressing myself, I do it daily by winning in court, revoking bogus visas and ILR claims and generally annoying the hell out of immigration abusers. As a UK tax payer (assuming you are employed) you are helping to pay for my very substantial salary. So I would like to thank you for your contribution.

As for coming out from behind the screen - I am there every working day, little badge on chest smiling sweetly to those lovely migrants who pass through my hands. Some even smile back :D

Most look really sad as they are carted off to the prison or the detention centre. Especially after their "day in court" when I have hammered there pathetic woeful little stories into a pulp but hay ho someone out there has to have all the fun.

Welcome to Britain as they say........
The little immigrant is defenitely not paying for your salary, maybe the other way round :wink: :D :D :D :D :D :D

As for my english, you should have learned by now that a migrant doesn't speak good english, doesn't want t learn it and in fact people like you pay for our translators :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Regardin my PR, I will get it doesn't matter what, and after that I'll get a british passport and then apply for more and more benefits so people like you can work harder for me and pay 40% of your salary to me while I am living in the sun :P :P :P :P :P

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:14 pm

This is better than Eastenders and Coronation St combined.