ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is the salary threshold £27,000 for graduates

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kalven
United Kingdom

Is the salary threshold £27,000 for graduates

Post by kalven » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:57 am

Hello

I am raising the question on behalf of some of the students I know, as there some misguided information in the social media.

We are recently aware that the threshold is to be increased to £38,700 for skilled immigrants. However, may I know if the students or graduates exempted from this? Some media platform says it’s £27,000 for graduates and I can’t find any official or formal information regarding this. Not sure if it’s still ambiguous- please advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is the salary threshold £27,000 for graduates

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:03 am

The rule have not changed yet!! It is only media coverage and a indicative statement from the government at this stage!!

We dont know my more than what has been reported.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kalven
United Kingdom

Post by kalven » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:08 am

Thank you for the feedback. Is there a timeline on when this would be formally agreed and come to law?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:10 am

kalven wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:08 am
Thank you for the feedback. Is there a timeline on when this would be formally agreed and come to law?
Until a draft of the Statutary Instruments has been published, laid before parliament and formally issued we don't know ....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.