ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for in-person appointment / upgrading to stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

susanwj
Newly Registered
Canada

Documents for in-person appointment / upgrading to stamp 4

Post by susanwj » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:50 am

Hi,
Can anyone advise on the required documents needed for an in person appointment to change from a stamp 1 to a stamp 4? I am currently in Ireland on another valid permission and will be applying to stay here as the spouse of an Irish national in the new year.

There is a long list of documents required for the postal application - including p60s, bank statements, etc. - but the list for the in person appointment is less detailed, stating that you only need the following:
- Your original marriage/civil partnership certificate
- Your original passport
- Your Irish spouse’s/civil partner’s original passport
- Evidence of your joint address Evidence of financial means.

Should I aim to have the P60s/a letter from my partner's work, as well as other documents listed on the postal application requirements? Or would having 6 months of bank statements from both of us, and a handful of utility bills be enough evidence?

On another note, as we will be applying through the Dublin office, I was wondering how we can book an appointment? Do I call the same general phone line that I did when I first moved here and was trying to set up a GNIB appointment? Or can I book an appointment online?

And lastly - is having medical insurance absolutely necessary for me? If I sign up for a basic plan through my current job, would that be enough? Or do I need an external/private provider?

Thanks in advance.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Documents for in-person appointment / upgrading to stamp 4

Post by meself2 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:37 am

susanwj wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:50 am
There is a long list of documents required for the postal application - including p60s, bank statements, etc. - but the list for the in person appointment is less detailed
Because they can say on the in-person appointment "we're not sure, send it in by post", basically, so you send it in by post and wait for months to get a decision.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

susanwj
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Documents for in-person appointment / upgrading to stamp 4

Post by susanwj » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:58 am

meself2 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:37 am
susanwj wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:50 am
There is a long list of documents required for the postal application - including p60s, bank statements, etc. - but the list for the in person appointment is less detailed
Because they can say on the in-person appointment "we're not sure, send it in by post", basically, so you send it in by post and wait for months to get a decision.
Thanks for answering. Yes, I know there is a possibility of them turning us away and telling us to go the postal route instead. Just wondering if it's better to take the same documents that are listed under the postal app (p60s, etc.) to the in-person appointment, or if you/anyone else can advise on which documents we should have exactly?