ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application form question - Previous application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mlsha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation application form question - Previous application

Post by mlsha » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:09 pm

Hi,
I was filling up the online form for British citizenship application and I’m bit confused on one question.
It says “Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?”.
I answered “yes” but I’m confused whether I need to list EVERY single application I made before.

For brief history: I’m applying for Naturalisation based on my ILR which was based from my 5 yrs Spouse visa when I entered the UK AGAIN

I said AGAIN because…10 yrs ago I first entered the UK on student visa year 2008, then to post study visa after, then Spouse visa…but the spouse visa got denied due to lack of financial requirement evidence. I did several appeals after appeals after appeals for that but ended up being removed from the UK.

Few months after I got removed from the UK, I applied for Spouse visa again from my home country. Came back to the UK year 2017. Then applied for another Spouse visa (after 2 1/2yrs). Then ILR. And now British Citizenship.

My question is….do I really have to list all of those applications starting from year 2008? Or is it only from year 2017 when I entered the UK again on Spouse visa?

Hope someone can advice. Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation application form question - Previous application

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:22 pm

The question says "any" and without any specific guidance (there isn't) I understand "any" means all.
Some of the fields are "if known" so it might not be that bad, you won't be required to provide proof paperwork.
I doubt it's a deal breaker, can't remember anyone reporting UKVI raising issues with incomplete data and gaps.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:24 pm

Provide as much detail on the applications you can remember. UKVI's records are incomplete, so try to be as truthful and precise as you can be with what is in your records.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Post by imbik » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:14 pm

Any means simply; whenever in your your life. For instance, I remember I added my first EEA family permit application in my country, second application (EEA2) after living in the UK for 6 months, 3rd one for pre-settled status and 4th one for settled status. Furthermore, I followed the same path for my wife, daughter and son respectively and had no issues at all.

I also helped one of my friends who has been living in the UK for last 25 years. We found the documents related to his first application (back in 90 s) and added them to the online form. I recommend you to write a letter explaining the whole history of yours in the UK. I wrote a letter for each applicant in my family, I believe that really makes thing easier to understand rather than the officer to try to solve the puzzle. Name it like letter to case worker and add it to supporting documents.
I love science