ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Renewal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UKVisit
India

ILR Renewal

Post by UKVisit » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:32 pm

Hello Experts,

I had ILR in 2014 visa Tier 1 (G) Visa route and my BRP is about to expire on June 2024. What do I need to do? Do I need to apply for ILR extension or some BRP renewal or so.

Please advise.

Thanks
Manish

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Renewal

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:16 pm

UKVisit wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:32 pm
Hello Experts,

I had ILR in 2014 visa Tier 1 (G) Visa route and my BRP is about to expire on June 2024. What do I need to do? Do I need to apply for ILR extension or some BRP renewal or so.

Please advise.

Thanks
Manish
Read below

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service

Note that this can take up to 6 months. Be aware that all BRP card is being phased out and expiry for existing ones or any issued shall be by 31st December, 2024.
A new means of showing status(electronic) is to be rolled out by HO in 2024; who knows if this will be before expiration of your current one.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:32 am

ILR renewal is meaningless. Your ILR BRP is NOT a visa in which your legal status is lost after expiry, ILR status is permanent and has nothing to do with the expiry date of the card. A BRP is just a means to prove your settled status. They will be phased out from 1st Jan 2025.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

UKVisit
India

Post by UKVisit » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:20 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:32 am
ILR renewal is meaningless. Your ILR BRP is NOT a visa in which your legal status is lost after expiry, ILR status is permanent and has nothing to do with the expiry date of the card. A BRP is just a means to prove your settled status. They will be phased out from 1st Jan 2025.
still companies ask your expiry on BRP card so worth to renew.

UKVisit
India

Post by UKVisit » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:27 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:16 pm
UKVisit wrote:
Hello Experts,

Please advise.

Thanks
Manish
Read below

Note that this can take up to 6 months. Be aware that all BRP card is being phased out and expiry for existing ones or any issued shall be by 31st December, 2024.
A new means of showing status(electronic) is to be rolled out by HO in 2024; who knows if this will be before expiration of your current one.
I have applied to renew and have queries about documents.

1. Proof of address - Can I use Driving License or utility bill for it.
2. Evidence to prove your continuous residency in the UK since becoming a permanent resident - Can I use Council Tax letters for all these years to prove my continuous residency or do I need something else?
3. Original document showing grant of settlement, such as a vignette, passport, or RON 60 letter - Don't understand what do i give under it. BRP is itself the original document showing grant of settlement. There is nothing on passport regarding it. Don't have RON 60 Letter either. Can you please advise.

Please advise.

Thanks
Manish

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:19 pm

UKVisit wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:20 pm
zimba wrote:
Your bank card also has an expiry date, if it expires you cannot withdraw money but that does not mean your bank account is now closed and you lost your bank account and your money. ILR as a status will not expire, just like your bank account is not closed if your card expires.

BRP is NO LONGER an acceptable document to prove your right to work either: general-uk-immigration-forum/prove-of-s ... l#p2131956

At this point, BRP is mostly needed to re-enter the UK if you travel
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:23 pm

UKVisit wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:27 pm

2. Evidence to prove your continuous residency in the UK since becoming a permanent resident - Can I use Council Tax letters for all these years to prove my continuous residency or do I need something else?
3. Original document showing grant of settlement, such as a vignette, passport, or RON 60 letter - Don't understand what do i give under it. BRP is itself the original document showing grant of settlement. There is nothing on passport regarding it. Don't have RON 60 Letter either. Can you please advise.

Please advise.

Thanks
Manish
1. Yes
2. Provide whatever you have
3. Your BRP is enough

UKVisit
India

Post by UKVisit » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:17 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:19 pm
UKVisit wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:20 pm
zimba wrote:
Your bank card also has an expiry date, if it expires you cannot withdraw money but that does not mean your bank account is now closed and you lost your bank account and your money. ILR as a status will not expire, just like your bank account is not closed if your card expires.

BRP is NO LONGER an acceptable document to prove your right to work either: general-uk-immigration-forum/prove-of-s ... l#p2131956

At this point, BRP is mostly needed to re-enter the UK if you travel
yeah - so technically you need it for one or other reason.

UKVisit
India

Post by UKVisit » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:19 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:23 pm
UKVisit wrote:

Please advise.

Thanks
Manish
1. Yes
2. Provide whatever you have
3. Your BRP is enough
Thanks a lot. I would welcome other views also as I am confused for point 2 and 3. Original document showing grant of settlement, such as a vignette, passport, or RON 60 letter.

They are already requesting BRP card separately so why they have this separate requirement. I am bit sceptical and worried about it.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:04 pm

There is no official document. This is not an immigration application and as I pointed out you are simply renewing the card. They just need to ensure you were not absent from the UK for 24 months. The list is generic. RON60 letter is quite an old decision letter that used to be issued with ILR. This is for people who got ILR before BRPs were introduced. Not every item applies to you. Note that you are not the first person going through this, thousands have gone through this

feigoronin

Post by feigoronin » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:49 am

UKVisit wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:16 pm
UKVisit wrote:
Hello Experts,

Please advise.

Thanks
Manish
Read below

Please advise.

Thanks
Manish
- You can use your drivers license or a latest copy of your utility bills or a recent bank statement as address proof.
- your council tax statements or you last 10 years P60s or bank statements (annual summary) from last 10 years or a combination or these to show you were in the UK for last 10 years since you were granted ILR. Letter from your GP practices where you have been registered will also work.
- You would have received a letter from home office when your ILR was originally granted stating your application for Indefinite Leave to Remain has been approved and you will receive your BRP in post in next few days. If you have it please include a copy of it. It also has a Case ID listed on it. If you don’t then not to worry, you can submit your application without this.

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:16 pm

Do you need to pay the fee for BRP renewal after 10 years? How much ?

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:18 am

I tried to renew the BRP and when booking an appointment for biometrics it shows the fees of £139 to £245 (london). I thought it should be £19. Can someone please confirm it ? @Zimba @UKVisit

feigoronin

Post by feigoronin » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:04 am

When I renewed mine in 2022 I paid about £76 on UKVI site. When my wife applied for renewal last month(Dec’23) there was no charge.

This is not same as UKVACS appointment fee that they try to charge for sooner appointments. If you are in no rush then there are ample free appointment slots available. We did not pay any money for appointments nor did we take any premium services.

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:17 am

Thanks for your reply.
I don't see any free appointments on any available date on UKVAS site.
Are you referring to some other provider?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:34 am

aarnags wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:17 am
Thanks for your reply.
I don't see any free appointments on any available date on UKVAS site.
Are you referring to some other provider?
There is only one provider, ukcvas. Free appointments are limited and booked up very quickly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:36 am

I managed to find a free one at Oxford Center on 14th Feb. My card expiring on 21st Feb, finger cross I will not have any travel plan before it.

feigoronin

Post by feigoronin » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:22 pm

Try one for London Mark Lane, you may be able to find one sooner. Don’t select the Premium location option.

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:02 am

I have applied and waiting for an appointment. Can we travel and enter back once ILR expires during emergency?