ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 to Stamp-4 EUFAM

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rmadupu
Newly Registered
India

Stamp 4 to Stamp-4 EUFAM

Post by rmadupu » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:09 pm

Hi Folks,

I currently hold a stamp-4 and applied for citizenship. I am blessed with a child who is an Irish citizen by birth, and to make things easier for travel, I am considering converting my stamp-4 to Stamp-4 EUFAM based on the child's passport. Is this something that can be done? Or is my understanding completely wrong here?

Thanks

Leo99
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 to Stamp-4 EUFAM

Post by Leo99 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:16 pm

I don't think this can be done unfortunately.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:26 am

I’m fairly confident you would not qualify as EUFAM is for non EEA family members of member states (other than Ireland).

Besides, I don’t see how it would make any difference when travelling as you will be allowed to enter Ireland with either. I had an EUFAM and it made no difference at all and other countries (when travelling) are likely not even going to ask to see it.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:33 am

rmadupu wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:09 pm
considering converting my stamp-4 to Stamp-4 EUFAM based on the child's passport. Is this something that can be done?
Nope.

EUFAM is given to family members of other EU nationals resident in Ireland under the Directive, eg a nonEU partner of a Spanish national. Irish nationals in Ireland are governed by national laws and dependency on them results in Stamp 4.
Spouses of Irish nationals get Stamp 4 for the same reason.
sairsint wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:26 am
I had an EUFAM and it made no difference at al
That's because you're an American citizen -> don't need a visa to visit other EU countries.
If you're a nonEU national that can't go to Schengen visa free, for example Indian, you have to get a Schengen visa...unless you hold 4EUFAM (with certain caveats, like Switzerland has different rules), so it does very much help.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.