ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage with non Eu

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

forestcats
Newly Registered
Italy

Marriage with non Eu

Post by forestcats » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:29 pm

Hello,

My boyfriend and I have been in a relationship for around 8 years (4 years in our country of origin and 4 more here, we have been living together for 6 years). We arrived with a study visa but it expired more than a year ago. My partner recently obtained his EU passport so his situation was regularized, however in my case I still have my expired visa. For some time now we have been thinking about getting married if his documentation works for him.
Soon we will have to appear before the civil registry for the interview and we are quite scared and anxious. We wonder what we should bring to our appointment with the civil registry. We made an appointment to get married in Ireland and they asked us to request a time as MOC (marriage of convenience). They gave us an appointment but we are not sure of the documents we would need to present to prove our relationship (I know about our PPSN, birth certificates and residence documents). We are thinking about photos of us since we have been together, rental contracts since we have been living here, but I don't know what else we could present that day, a letter from our current landlord proving that we have lived together for more than two years in his house? Do they ask for the PPSN card or just the number? (I have my PPSN but I never received my card (covid period) and now I think I cannot request it because I stayed here longer and to request it they ask me for my IRP and I must go personally to carry out the process.... please help, I am very anxious

meself2
Ireland

Re: Marriage with non Eu

Post by meself2 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:51 pm

@forestcats don't tag your post on other people's topics, please. I've split it this time, but keep your questions to the new topic that you started, right here.

So you're an overstayer in Ireland without legal status at the moment?
Does your partner has an EU passport or an Irish one? That's an important distinction.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Yk_Krsh
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Yk_Krsh » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:09 am

bring personal stuff like photos together, whatsapp messages, lease, a letter from landlord could be good as well, if you're not faking it, it all should be good, just common sense, proving that you're two are together and not frauding it. it can be intimidating but if there's nothing to hide, it should be good

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:07 am

As Meself2 asked, if your soon to be spouse is from another EU country it will be very easy to legalise your stay after marriage even if you are an overstayer because you will automatically have EU rights same as your EU spouse.

If your spouse has an Irish passport it will take some more steps.

*To prove your relationship is not one of convenience,
You can add;
● In each year 2 or 3 copies of Social media messages and calls. One for beginning and another for the end of the year and pictures you posted or tagged each other.
●Prove of your trips together (tickets, hotel bookings in both names)
●Rental agreement or utility bills together before marriage
●Phone logs (calls and messages ) "see point 1"
●Pictures together atleast 2 or 4 ( this carries alot of weight)

Atleast 6 months relationship with evidence and proof of contact and seeing each other is enough proof to guarantee your marriage and legalise your stay even if you came without a visa.