ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are new BRP issued if your old BRP has validity untill 31 dec 2024

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Are new BRP issued if your old BRP has validity untill 31 dec 2024

Post by akuram » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:10 am

Hello Need help and feedback from the Board members. Wanted to check if anyone got New BRP when their old BRP is still valid untill 31 dec 2024? We had our BRP valid untill 31 dec 2024 but we applied for our ILR and it is approved. But we have still not heard back about the BRP delivery. Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Are new BRP issued if your old BRP has validity untill 31 dec 2024

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:48 am

akuram wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:10 am
Hello Need help and feedback from the Board members. Wanted to check if anyone got New BRP when their old BRP is still valid untill 31 dec 2024? We had our BRP valid untill 31 dec 2024 but we applied for our ILR and it is approved. But we have still not heard back about the BRP delivery. Thanks
Check the decision letter for the ILR, were you told to expect BRP?
Post 31st December 2024 a new electronic system is to be rolled out to prove status.

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Post by akuram » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:57 am

The decision letter did say that a BRP would be issued however it did look more like a generic automated message.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:29 am

You will get a new BRP for ilr expiring on 31st December 2024.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:43 am

akuram wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:10 am
That’s a good question, given the restricted uses of a physical BRP.

Try a Freedom of Information request?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Post by akuram » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:49 am

Can we check this with Border Security at Heathrow? Anyone has their contact number?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:57 am

vinny wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:39 pm
UK ports contacts
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Post by akuram » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:03 am

Thanks for the support

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:05 am

If your BRP expires on 31 December 2024
You do not need to tell UKVI if your BRP expires on 31 December 2024 but your immigration status (for example, your visa) allows you to stay longer.

You will not need a BRP from 1 January 2025. You’ll be able to prove your immigration status online, without a BRP.

UKVI will update their information on how to prove your immigration status in early 2024. You do not need to do anything and your immigration status will not be affected.
Seems to imply that they may not bother issuing a new physical BRP card to replace one that expires on the same date?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:29 am

vinny wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:57 am
vinny wrote:
UK ports contacts
Try to talk to a Chief immigration Officer. If there’s a positive response, then try to get a written confirmation with his/her full contact details.

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Post by akuram » Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:13 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:29 am
vinny wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:57 am
vinny wrote:
UK ports contacts
Try to talk to a Chief immigration Officer. If there’s a positive response, then try to get a written confirmation with his/her full contact details.
. We called couple of airports and received positive feedback. They said it’s is fine as long as I carry the decision letter and our old BRP. hopping we will receive the New BRP or at least some clarification from the HO before our rerun flight back to UK. We have decided to travel will be sharing our experience once we return. Thank you for all the info and support The Board is very helpful.

Samva
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Samva » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:42 pm

Hi,
I have the same issue with my new BRP. I didn't get my new one although the old BRP has validity up to 31 Dec 2024. Is it normal or i need a new BRP for travelling? For right to rent and work, I can send the share code but i do not know what i must present in the UK airport while traveling.could you please guide me in this case?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:43 pm

Samva wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:42 pm
but i do not know what i must present in the UK airport while traveling.could you please guide me in this case?
We do not know either.

UKVI made a commitment to somehow sort that out before 2025. What will they come up with is up to them.
At the moment you can travel with your card in 2024. It's too uncertain to think about future.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

orionsbelt1
Newly Registered

Post by orionsbelt1 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:00 pm

BRP expiring December 2024 and your proof of ILR.
I have been advised as follows:
1 Please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/online-immi ... atus-evisa.
2 The Home Office is moving towards a digital immigration system. Using a phased approach to implementing digital services, the aim is that by 2025 most customers will have a secure and seamless digital journey when they interact with the UK's immigration system. This means they are replacing physical documents, including biometric residence permits, with accessible, easy to use online and digital services and products such as the eVisa.
Documents to be replaced are: (see Evisa web site )
Biometric residence permits (BRP)
Biometric residence cards (BRC)
Passport endorsements, such as indefinite leave to enter wet ink stamps
Vignette stickers in passports, such as entry clearance or visa vignettes
3 The Home office are developing technology to enable carriers (including Thai Airways) to check immigration status automatically via systems checks. We anticipate this technology will be available for use.by all carriers by the end of 2024, at which point we expect to remove the use of physical documents as proof of immigration status for all nationalities.
4 eVisa will be associated with the passport used when making the most recent application to the Home Office. You will need to register for a UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) account to see you eVisa, as well as share information about your immigration status and conditions. You will also be able to update personal details through you UKVI account, such as contact details and current passport information. You will not have to pay to register but should ensure you passport details are always correctly updated so that you status can be verified by carriers using the automated system.
5 You do not have to take any action now. Throughout 2024 we will provide updates on when BRP holders should register for a UKVI account, and what they need to do.
6 More information about eVisas can be found at:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/online-immi ... atus-evisa.
7 I recommend that you ensure that your Change of Circumstances Form Data (MCC) is up to date. Google search Migrant Change of circumstances form
or https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Have Fun and happy new year

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:10 am