ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 Visa Documents - Are these Perfect

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

UK Tier 1 Visa Documents - Are these Perfect

Post by hemanthjava » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:55 am

I just want to know if these are the Correct list of UK Tier 1 Visa Documents Required for Approval.

Let me know if any changes. Else I will go ahead with this one

http://www.iwebie.com/uk-tier-1-visa-documents-required

Regards,
Hemanth

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: UK Tier 1 Visa Documents - Are these Perfect

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:09 pm

hemanthjava wrote:I just want to know if these are the Correct list of UK Tier 1 Visa Documents Required for Approval.

http://www.iwebie.com/uk-tier-1-visa-documents-required

Regards,
Hemanth
I dont think that is complete info... it is missing lots of important info or letters like letter from bank for the 3months for maintenance funds n many more..

please do a search on the board to get much better information... and lots of latest developments...

And if you require cover letters do visit this sticky..

Oops.. missed the link (EDITED)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=24717

Good luck

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:13 pm

dont relay on the 3rd party websites.go through the guide lines at official websites.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:40 pm

dingdon wrote:dont relay on the 3rd party websites.go through the guide lines at official websites.

Hello DINGDON...

I have a humble request to you.. on this board i saw that you have put all the procedure and experience you got while applying for the Tier1 and how u got ur approval..

i and many like me are in the process of preparing the relevant evidence, applications, covering letters etc..

Can i again make an humble request to the recent successful tier1 approvers put something like you, suresh, voyager etc.. did.. i mean to say:

Can you shed some light how the documents, evidences and covering letter everything consolidated at one place for example like below:

For WP--> Tier1

1. Main applicant application form - link for it
2. covering letter for the main application
3.Age proof
4. evidence for age proof
5. covering letter for age proof - format or link
6.qualification
7. evidence for qualification
8.covering letter about qualification - format or link
9. earnings
10. evidence's
11. covering letter for earnings - format or link

IF THEY Have dependents..

1. Dependents application forms - link
2. covering letter with the application
3. Documents required to put for the dependents

Maintenance funds amount - main applicant 800£ + 533£ for each
dependent

FEES - 750£ for main applicant and nothing for dependents if they apply along with main applicant

etc..

I agree that all this information is there on this board but not at a consolidated single location and many discussions are not completed confidently so still the doubt lies and new applicants can not take risk with little knowledge or info..

sorry seniors if this is irrelevant or not required..

Dingdon/voyager/Sureshep.. i understand it takes time and efforts to put this.. but once this is done would qualify for a sticky and make things easy for many newbie's as ONE STOP SHOP..

Would highly appreciate it..

Thanks
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:45 pm

dingdon wrote:dont relay on the 3rd party websites.go through the guide lines at official websites.

Hello DINGDON...

I have a humble request to you.. on this board i saw that you have put all the procedure and experience you got while applying for the Tier1 and how u got ur approval..

i and many like me are in the process of preparing the relevant evidence, applications, covering letters etc..

Can i again make an humble request to the recent successful tier1 approvers put something like you, suresh, voyager etc.. did.. i mean to say:

Can you shed some light how the documents, evidences and covering letter everything consolidated at one place for example like below:

For WP--> Tier1

1. Main applicant application form - link for it
2. covering letter for the main application
3.Age proof
4. evidence for age proof
5. covering letter for age proof - format or link
6.qualification
7. evidence for qualification
8.covering letter about qualification - format or link
9. earnings
10. evidence's
11. covering letter for earnings - format or link

IF THEY Have dependents..

1. Dependents application forms - link
2. covering letter with the application
3. Documents required to put for the dependents

Maintenance funds amount - main applicant 800£ + 533£ for each
dependent

FEES - 750£ for main applicant and nothing for dependents if they apply along with main applicant

etc..

I agree that all this information is there on this board but not at a consolidated single location and many discussions are not completed confidently so still the doubt lies and new applicants can not take risk with little knowledge or info..

sorry seniors if this is irrelevant or not required..

Thanks

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

Post by hemanthjava » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:00 pm

Thanks for the Feedback mate. I understand about the 3 Months Funds etc. I should have not missed it. Since I already have written about it, I have linked on top. Please check my Article now. I have incorporated your Suggestions/Changes.

I have also linked to this forum for Covering Letters and The useful links that you provided.

I am an Aspirant for UK Visa and hence I wanted to be aware by writing an article myself and get it approved by experts like you. I am planning to apply in March. However I have 3 Questions now;

I have different address on my DL from the present address. Will it create any problem.

Should I provide Some reference in uk providing a temp accommodation for 1 or 2 weeks in a mail along with their passport,visa page any their address proof in uk(rental agreement or utility bill,etc)

In my one year bank statement from the bank where you salary was credited. Should I Highlight the salary in the statement by a marker.. And also if the company name is not reflected in the statement (ex..company by salary. if the company name not there ,then do we need a letter from the bank stating that the salary account in the bank for the company.

Regards,
Hemanth

sureshep

Post by sureshep » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:32 pm

sure tvn_ramesh and hemanthjava,

This is a nice idea. I am putting down all my effort taken for Tier 1 visa process as below :

My application was straight forward. Applied on Dec 05th at VFS Mumbai - India. Received the documents on 19th Dec along with the Tier 1 visa stamping.

Below are the consolidated list which I submitted at VFS.

VAF9 Form
Appendix 1
UKBA points summary
Covering letter

For Age proof : DOB - 16-08-1981
Evidence - Original passport

Qualifications : MCA (master's degree)
Evidence - Masters degree certificate

Earnings : 01 Dec 2007 - 30 Nov 2008
Evidence - payslips along with stamp and sign of HR
12 months bank stmts with stamp and signature of authorized bank person on official stationery with logo and Name
ITR 1 and form 16 for last 2 years
Compensation review letter

English Language : My University and bachelor's degree is present in UKBA site, hence no additional documents required.
However, I submitted below documents.
Evidence - Letter from Institution saying my Bachelor's medium of instruction was in English
Bachelor's Degree certificate.

Maintainance Funds : Maintianed atlest 2.8 Lakh INR (more than 2800 pounds) from last five months in salaried account and ensured that the balance never falled below 2.8 Lakh even for single day also.
Evidence - Letter from bank stating the balance is maintained for a period of last five months with min 2.8 Lakh INR on official bank letter with stamp and sing of bank person (Bank name and logo is present on letter head)
5 months bank stmts on official stationery with stamp and sign of bank person (Bank name and logo is present) and within 7 days of your stmts you should file (very very imp *****)

Make sure that you regularly do the transaction from the maintainance fund account at regualr intervals. Be aware, that there are cases who got refusal based on - transaction not being done.

Also, I had a problem of my employement details in the present company (ie the complete name was missing in my company as per as passport). Then I have taken the letter from Corperate HR department.

Pls make sure that you take consideration into the correct exchange rate conversion for earnings (I unfortunately taken the consideration exchange rate of application filling date, however I was getting the 35 points in both circumstance). Pls be aware that it shouldn't happen to you in case if you are falling short of points or failing to qualify.

Hope this should help.

Regards,
Suresh

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:00 pm

Hi Suresh,
Please post your case at the below link such that all success stories will be at one location.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=33604

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

Post by hemanthjava » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:04 pm

Hello sureshep,

Thanks mate. Thanks a ton.. Congrats...

2 Questions w.r.t your Documents

Maintainance Funds - I think 3 months is enough!!
ITR 1 and form 16 for last 2 years - Will 1 year of ITR and Form 16 not do ?

Regards,
Hemanth

sureshep wrote:sure tvn_ramesh and hemanthjava,

This is a nice idea. I am putting down all my effort taken for Tier 1 visa process as below :

My application was straight forward. Applied on Dec 05th at VFS Mumbai - India. Received the documents on 19th Dec along with the Tier 1 visa stamping.

Below are the consolidated list which I submitted at VFS.

VAF9 Form
Appendix 1
UKBA points summary
Covering letter

For Age proof : DOB - 16-08-1981
Evidence - Original passport

Qualifications : MCA (master's degree)
Evidence - Masters degree certificate

Earnings : 01 Dec 2007 - 30 Nov 2008
Evidence - payslips along with stamp and sign of HR
12 months bank stmts with stamp and signature of authorized bank person on official stationery with logo and Name
ITR 1 and form 16 for last 2 years
Compensation review letter

English Language : My University and bachelor's degree is present in UKBA site, hence no additional documents required.
However, I submitted below documents.
Evidence - Letter from Institution saying my Bachelor's medium of instruction was in English
Bachelor's Degree certificate.

Maintainance Funds : Maintianed atlest 2.8 Lakh INR (more than 2800 pounds) from last five months in salaried account and ensured that the balance never falled below 2.8 Lakh even for single day also.
Evidence - Letter from bank stating the balance is maintained for a period of last five months with min 2.8 Lakh INR on official bank letter with stamp and sing of bank person (Bank name and logo is present on letter head)
5 months bank stmts on official stationery with stamp and sign of bank person (Bank name and logo is present) and within 7 days of your stmts you should file (very very imp *****)

Make sure that you regularly do the transaction from the maintainance fund account at regualr intervals. Be aware, that there are cases who got refusal based on - transaction not being done.

Also, I had a problem of my employement details in the present company (ie the complete name was missing in my company as per as passport). Then I have taken the letter from Corperate HR department.

Pls make sure that you take consideration into the correct exchange rate conversion for earnings (I unfortunately taken the consideration exchange rate of application filling date, however I was getting the 35 points in both circumstance). Pls be aware that it shouldn't happen to you in case if you are falling short of points or failing to qualify.

Hope this should help.

Regards,
Suresh

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:39 pm

Suresh...

Congrats again and thanks for your quick response and all the efforts...

ramesh

sandeepspatil
Newly Registered

Transactions in the maintainance account

Post by sandeepspatil » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:47 am

Hi Suresh,

Are you sure of this or it is just an assumption?
I dont see it mentioned anywhere in the guidance notes?

Thanks,
Sandeep

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:19 am

Hello sureshep,

Thanks mate. Thanks a ton.. Congrats...

2 Questions w.r.t your Documents

Maintainance Funds - I think 3 months is enough!!
ITR 1 and form 16 for last 2 years - Will 1 year of ITR and Form 16 not do ?

Regards,
Hemanth
Hi Hemanth
For ur questions

For maintenance funds : 3 months period is enough . but to be on the safer side it will be better if it s more than 3 months ... in my case , it has happened to be 4 months.

for ITR 1 and Form 16 for last 2 years : Though the VFS people insist for 3 years, it is enough if u submit the Form 16 for the immediate last year. while submitting my application , they had asked my 3 yrs form 16 . But i had submitted only my last year's form 16 .

nov1
Newly Registered

Post by nov1 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:49 pm

Hi All,

I am also planning to apply Tier 1 General Highly Skilled Migrant. Reading your post, I think I can also post some questions here. I hope some of you can reply and give me advice.

Cover Letter:
Why do we need cover letter? Is the form itself not enough?

Education:
When I checked my point in point calculater, my qualification is listed in UK Naric Database. Does it mean I don't need to submit the letter from UK Naric?

Earnings:
  • I am planning to provide a letter from HR and my bank account for the evidence. I can ask the HR to write the letter in English. However, My salary is increased in the middle of the year. Should that letter state only the current annual salary or the history of my salary from 12 month that I claim?
  • For the Bank Account, should we submit 12 months full period or only the page where the salary got credited to our account? And if the Bank Account is not in English, should I translate all? I mean the Name of the company is stated and does not required any translation to be understood.
Maintenance Funds:
  • If I have to provide 12 months full period of my bank account for Earning evidence, do I need to provide a double last 3 months for Maintenance Funds evidence? It's the same bank account.
  • For my dependant's maintenance Funds evidence, should I also provide another copy of the same period same bank account?
Dependant:
Is it better to submit the main application first then after it's approved submit the dependant application? So we can save 600€ in case the application is rejected?

zayedshah

Re: Transactions in the maintainance account

Post by zayedshah » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:40 pm

Hi I have the same question. I maintain my funds in a savings account where I just use it to deposit money. Is it necessary that there has to be regular in and out transactions. Many thanks. Zayed
sandeepspatil wrote:

Hi Suresh,

Are you sure of this or it is just an assumption?
I dont see it mentioned anywhere in the guidance notes?

Thanks,
Sandeep

jack_p

Post by jack_p » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:51 pm

Its really not mandatory that there should be regular transactions during that period. But people are trying to be extra precatious so that we don't even give the slightest oppurtunity to the caseworker to reject the application even if he/she in off-mood.

zayedshah

Post by zayedshah » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:00 pm

jack_p wrote:Its really not mandatory that there should be regular transactions during that period. But people are trying to be extra precatious so that we don't even give the slightest oppurtunity to the caseworker to reject the application even if he/she in off-mood.
Saw this line in http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant
"the receipt of funds along with regular withdrawals from the account. "

So I think there should be some transactions on the maintenance fund account. I have begun doing some deposits and withdrawals..:-)

abenjamin9
Newly Registered

Post by abenjamin9 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:46 pm

How far back should the three months go? I am hoping to apply in the next few weeks, can I supply proof that I maintained the minimum from Oct-Dec or does it need to be through current day? Thanks!

zayedshah

Post by zayedshah » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:12 pm

It should be dated within one month prior to the date of application. So if u r applying on 25 Jan 09, the last date entry in the statement should be at least 26 Dec 08. Hope it helps.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:19 am

zayedshah wrote:
jack_p wrote:Its really not mandatory that there should be regular transactions during that period. But people are trying to be extra precatious so that we don't even give the slightest oppurtunity to the caseworker to reject the application even if he/she in off-mood.
Saw this line in http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant
"the receipt of funds along with regular withdrawals from the account. "

So I think there should be some transactions on the maintenance fund account. I have begun doing some deposits and withdrawals..:-)
Looks like this is not applicable to those applying from wihthin UK as the Guidance notes for these applicant have this regular withdrawal wording despite the fact that these have been issued on the same date Dec 8, 2008
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer