ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Germany D-Visa (Family Reunification Visa)

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

learner1947
Mood:
India

Germany D-Visa (Family Reunification Visa)

Post by learner1947 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:33 pm

Hi all,

I am a British citizen and have a German Spouse. We are looking to move to Germany next year. Although entry clearance visa is not required for a British citizens, my question is if I do apply for a Family reunification visa (prior to my departure to Germany), would that allow me to work pretty much as soon as I arrive in Germany or I will still have to wait for the local immigration office (Ausländerbehörde) to issue my residence card?

Thanks,

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Germany D-Visa (Family Reunification Visa)

Post by Angel99 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:23 am

learner1947 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:33 pm
Hi all,

I am a British citizen and have a German Spouse. We are looking to move to Germany next year. Although entry clearance visa is not required for a British citizens, my question is if I do apply for a Family reunification visa (prior to my departure to Germany), would that allow me to work pretty much as soon as I arrive in Germany or I will still have to wait for the local immigration office (Ausländerbehörde) to issue my residence card?

Thanks,
Hi,

Your German Spouse visum is somehow like a temporary residence permit. You just need to change it to an Aufenthatstitel at your Ausländerbehörde in your wife's Kries or Stadt within 3 months.

You are allowed to work but you will also need your Steuernummer and Versicherungsnummer after you do the Anmeldung at your Einwohnermeldeamt you will get them.

Some employers also don't know the rules you are allowed to work since you are a German Spouse/ EU spouse with a spouse visum.

learner1947
Mood:
India

Post by learner1947 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:04 am

Hi,

Thanks for your response, much appreciated!

Do you have any idea about processing times for the entry clearance visa or temporary residence permit?

Thanks again.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:12 am

learner1947 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:04 am
Hi,

Thanks for your response, much appreciated!

Do you have any idea about processing times for the entry clearance visa or temporary residence permit?

Thanks again.
The Aufenthatstitel is very straightforward. Depending on the city or town (if its not a big city) you apply from it can take within 1 month to complete the process and receive the card.

The application decision is made on the day you submit your paperwork to the Ausländerbehörde. Especially for German/EU spouses it's very simple.

It is not necessary for a British to apply for a spouse visa. You can travel with visa waiver and apply for the card when you arrive (this also applies to some citizens from other countries with visa waiver to Germany).

You just need to do your Anmeldung with your spouse as soon as you arrive. Some times you can even apply for the Aufenthatstitel while doing your Anmeldung at the same time. It depends on the Rathaus/Einwohnermeldeamt though.

Incase there's delays for appointment at the place you apply from, just request for a Fiktionsbescheinigung. It is a paper type temporary certificate which allows you to work while waiting to finalise your application.

learner1947
Mood:
India

Post by learner1947 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:08 am

Thanks again for your response.

Regarding Fiktionsbescheinigung - who do I request this from i.e. city administration or Ausländerbehörde? If it is from the city adminstartion, can that be done within the same appointment as of city registration/Anmeldung?

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:46 am

learner1947 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:08 am

Regarding Fiktionsbescheinigung - who do I request this from i.e. city administration or Ausländerbehörde? If it is from the city adminstartion, can that be done within the same appointment as of city registration/Anmeldung?
Some of the Einwohnermeldeamt/Rathaus/Bürgerbüro who do the Anmeldung are connected with the Ausländerbehörde. So while you are doing your Anmeldung they might ask you or you tell them you would like to apply for your Aufenthatstitel. They have a form or electronic one to send your files direct to the Ausländerbehörde. If you have your paperwork complete they or the Ausländerbehörde will give/send you a
Aufenthaltstitel bescheinigung until you receive your Aufenthatstitel itself or some will give you a Fiktionsbescheinigung which is valid for all EU, you can use both to work.

Incase your paperwork is not complete or there is delays for appointment at the Ausländerbehörde, you request for the Fiktionsbescheinigung from the Ausländerbehörde.

**You have to do your Anmeldung as soon as possible after your arrival for your rights as a German/EU spouse to begin.

learner1947
Mood:
India

Post by learner1947 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:11 pm

Thank you very much!
Angel99 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:46 am
learner1947 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:08 am

Some of the Einwohnermeldeamt/Rathaus/Bürgerbüro who do the Anmeldung are connected with the Ausländerbehörde. So while you are doing your Anmeldung they might ask you or you tell them you would like to apply for your Aufenthatstitel. They have a form or electronic one to send your files direct to the Ausländerbehörde. If you have your paperwork complete they or the Ausländerbehörde will give/send you a
Aufenthaltstitel bescheinigung until you receive your Aufenthatstitel itself or some will give you a Fiktionsbescheinigung which is valid for all EU, you can use both to work.

Incase your paperwork is not complete or there is delays for appointment at the Ausländerbehörde, you request for the Fiktionsbescheinigung from the Ausländerbehörde.

**You have to do your Anmeldung as soon as possible after your arrival for your rights as a German/EU spouse to begin.