ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Bank Statement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

James1998
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

ILR Bank Statement

Post by James1998 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:45 pm

Hello all,

I am currently in the process of uploading my documents for an ILR application and have some questions regarding the bank statement. Barclays have issued me weekly statements and I have downloaded a copy of the past moth transactions from the bank with a stamp confirming authenticity. As the HO are asking for a month's statement, am I able to provide all weekly statements from August and July, showing the corresponding pay on my payslip, or will the HO only accept a full mothly statement?

Many thanks for your help.

James

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Bank Statement

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:31 pm

James1998 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:45 pm
Hello all,

I am currently in the process of uploading my documents for an ILR application and have some questions regarding the bank statement. Barclays have issued me weekly statements and I have downloaded a copy of the past moth transactions from the bank with a stamp confirming authenticity. As the HO are asking for a month's statement, am I able to provide all weekly statements from August and July, showing the corresponding pay on my payslip, or will the HO only accept a full mothly statement?

James
If it covers the information the UKVI wants then there is no strict monthly requirement unless specified in the rules. You do not need to stamp anything either as all digital evidence is now uploaded and accepted
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

James1998
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by James1998 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:03 pm

zimba wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:31 pm
James1998 wrote:
Hello all,

James
If it covers the information the UKVI wants then there is no strict monthly requirement unless specified in the rules. You do not need to stamp anything either as all digital evidence is now uploaded and accepted
Many thanks,

The Home Office requires "most recent Bank Statements and Pay Slips". As I have weekly statements, the latest will be for the period of last week which will not have the details of the last payment from employer. Hence the the question if I need to give a full monthly statement document or can just combine the last 4 from the previous month.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:02 am

No, you don't
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

James1998
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by James1998 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:04 am

zimba wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:02 am
No, you don't
Thank you for your advice. So in this case, what I get is I do not need the monthly statement and can proceed with the combined weekly statements from August and September from Barclays.

Many thanks
James

James1998
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by James1998 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:06 pm

zimba wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:02 am
No, you don't
For context, below is the statement from the Home Office on Bank Statements

"Your most recent payslip and bank or building society statement. These
must be dated no earlierthan one calendar month before the date ofthe
application. The statement must show the payment, as shown on the
payslip. You should not provide any additional payslips or statements,
unless you are currently on maternity, paternity, shared parental or
adoption leave."

Many Thanks,
James

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:45 pm

James1998 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:06 pm
The statement must show the payment, as shown on the payslip.
The requirement from the HO is very clear, the statement you submit must include the payment of your salary. It doesn't matter the frequency it's issued.

Also you can adjust the frequency (weekly, monthly, etc.) of your Barclay's statements online or via the app. The statements downloaded online can be submitted for this application, a bank stamp is not needed.

James1998
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by James1998 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:06 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:45 pm
James1998 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:06 pm
The statement must show the payment, as shown on the payslip.
The requirement from the HO is very clear, the statement you submit must include the payment of your salary. It doesn't matter the frequency it's issued.

Also you can adjust the frequency (weekly, monthly, etc.) of your Barclay's statements online or via the app. The statements downloaded online can be submitted for this application, a bank stamp is not needed.
Thanks so much,

In this case I will be submitting the weekly statements for the period between August and September and will highlight in a cover letter why so including what page the relevant salary payment is reflected. This is due to Barclays not able to generate a statement till a month has passed.

Best regards,
James

tabimia
Newly Registered
India

Post by tabimia » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:41 pm

zimba wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:31 pm
James1998 wrote:
Hello all,

James
Hi,
The UKVI guidance, last updated on 15 November 2023, states, "electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

Can you share other sources confirming that online bank statements are acceptable without the official stamp on every page?

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:47 am

What you quoted are the immigration rules but since 2018 and after the introduction of online applications, ONLY digital evidence are submitted and UKVI treats digital bank statements as acceptable.

See: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/financial-e ... ork-routes