ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Nationality for children with settled status but currently staying abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

melvinf
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

British Nationality for children with settled status but currently staying abroad

Post by melvinf » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:00 am

Hello,

Hope all is well. Both my children aged (11) and (4) have got settled status on ( May 5th 2021 ) through me( Am a EU citizen ).I got my settled status in March 2021.My younger boy was having health issues which later diagnosed has Autism ,so I decided to send my family back to India for sometime. My elder boy left in September 2021 and my wife/younger boy left in March 2022. All 3 came last month for around 2.5 weeks and went back. I need to know if both my children can apply for British nationality.

Thanks
Mel

melvinf
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Re: British Nationality for children with settled status but currently staying abroad

Post by melvinf » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:12 am

To Add further

My eldest Boy ( 11) - Born in Mumbai - Holding an Indian Passport.

My Younger Boy ( 4) - Born in the Uk - Also holding an Indian passport

Thanks
Mel

vinny

Re: British Nationality for children with settled status but currently staying abroad

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:22 am

If child was born outside the UK, then child is expected to be in the UK and registration is subject to Section 3(1).

Else, child (born in the UK) is entitled to register.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.