ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info required on BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

melvinf
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Info required on BC

Post by melvinf » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:27 am

Hello,

Hope all is well. I got my settled status in March 2021 and now I would like to apply now for British nationality. I have gone on holidays for around 23 days every year .Will this affect my application. I came to the UK on Feb 13th 2016.

Thanks
Mel

secret.simon

Re: Info required on BC

Post by secret.simon » Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:32 am

Absences of up to 450 days in the five years immediately preceding the date of application, and of up to 90 days in the year preceding the date of application are allowed.

You are also expected to have been physically in the UK exactly five years before the date of application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:02 am

Your absences seem to comply with the rules, but make sure to review the full guidnce https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... t_2023.pdf as there are many other requirements to satisfy.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

melvinf
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by melvinf » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:58 am

Thank You

melvinf
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by melvinf » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:12 am

Sorry me back again.

If I get British citizenship , Can my son ( 11 yrs ) born in Mumbai and currently studying in India apply for British Citizenship. He was in the UK from April 2019 and went back to India in October 2021. He will visit the UK every year for a month. He has got settled status also.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:35 am

melvinf wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:12 am
Sorry me back again.

If I get British citizenship , Can my son ( 11 yrs ) born in Mumbai and currently studying in India apply for British Citizenship. He was in the UK from April 2019 and went back to India in October 2021. He will visit the UK every year for a month. He has got settled status also.
You were advised on this here:
british-citizenship/british-nationality ... l#p2141782
Children register on form MN1. Please review the guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 1-guidance
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.