ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent First child passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crown21
Newly Registered
India

Urgent First child passport

Post by crown21 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:14 pm

Hi,

I am applying for passport for my child born outside UK in the urgent category. As it has a paper form it is asking for grandparent marriage dates and details.
Do I need to give this information or provide my ILR details as she got citizenship based on my ILR status.

Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Urgent First child passport

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:38 am

Write N/A and provide your ILR details. May I ask why not apply online?
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

crown21
Newly Registered
India

Post by crown21 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:28 pm

Urgent passport can’t be applied online.
Also do I need my and my wife’s Indian passport or just my child’s registration certificate and birth certificate with Indian passport are enough?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:20 pm

It's normally the child's registration certificate and foreign passport - ORIGINALS.
The child's claim to British citizenship is the certificate.
I don't believe parents' passports are required.

Surprised they do a "fast track" child passport on a paper form from abroad, is that not counter-intuitive?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

crown21
Newly Registered
India

Post by crown21 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:35 pm

I am sorry I was probably not clear in my original message. I meant I applied for passport in the UK only but my child wasn’t born here.
Do I need Child’s birth certificate also for passport or will Indian passport be enough?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:43 pm

You need child's birth certificate, Indian passport (of the child) and your ILR details.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:47 pm

You can include the birth certificate but of course child wasn’t born in the UK. However the key document is the certificate, proof of British citizenship. HMPO request foreign passports to check that name on certificate is the same as on passport. They want to avoid passport holders having multiple travel identities.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

crown21
Newly Registered
India

Post by crown21 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:29 pm

Hi,

I have a new problem. My child’s Indian birth certificate is laminated and they are not willing to accept it. What can I do to sort it as this is for urgent passport and there is no way I can get a new one from India?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:22 pm

They do specify you absolutely can't laminate the registration certificate. You need to order a new one, but it will take time https://www.gov.uk/get-replacement-citi ... ertificate

crown21
Newly Registered
India

Post by crown21 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:34 pm

I didn’t laminate the registration certificate. My child’s Indian birth certificate is laminated and I can’t do much about it.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:58 pm

Apologies, I misread. Could you send in an explanation to why it is laminated? Is it supplied like such or did you choose to laminate it?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:00 pm

I looked up the HMPO passport policy relating to laminated documents:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... hotocopies

Was the certificate laminated officially or was the laminated certificate approved officially? In that case they would accept written evidence from the issuing authority that the lamination is officially approved.

If you had it done in a shop then there’s no choice but to obtain an official copy. Can’t suggest anything else. We see mainly naturalisation certificates being laminated and getting a copy takes time and is expensive, even from the UK authorities.