ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse visa questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bethoven707
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

UK Spouse visa questions

Post by Bethoven707 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:05 pm

Hi all :)

I have a few question relating to the UK Spouse Visa route.

A few details on me, I am a British citizen, employed and intend to marry my future wife in Feb 2024.

1. Is the 'IELTS Life Skills B1 Speaking and Listening' test acceptable for the UK Spouse Visa application which she took in July 2022, or is it necessary to take the A1 test?

2. Will the expiration of my wife's TB test in early March 2024 affect our Spouse Visa application if we submit the application in late February 2024?

3. Can I list my parents' current residence, even if they are in the process of finding a new property and have received a second notice of eviction from the landlord and are expecting the final notice very soon, as their new accommodation has not been found?

4. Do I need an official translation for WhatsApp chat history in Urdu (Roman Urdu with some English), or is a self-provided translation acceptable for the UK Spouse Visa application?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse visa questions

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:31 pm

Bethoven707 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:05 pm

A few details on me, I am a British citizen, employed and intend to marry my future wife in Feb 2024.

1. Is the 'IELTS Life Skills B1 Speaking and Listening' test acceptable for the UK Spouse Visa application which she took in July 2022, or is it necessary to take the A1 test? As the B1 will be less than 2years old at time of application it is acceptable. A1 is the minimum, B1 exceeds this and as per current regulations and with hopefully successful initial spouse visa application, same can be used for extension, ILR, naturalisation.

2. Will the expiration of my wife's TB test in early March 2024 affect our Spouse Visa application if we submit the application in late February 2024? No, so far it is valid on date of application

3. Can I list my parents' current residence, even if they are in the process of finding a new property and have received a second notice of eviction from the landlord and are expecting the final notice very soon, as their new accommodation has not been found?

4. Do I need an official translation for WhatsApp chat history in Urdu (Roman Urdu with some English), or is a self-provided translation acceptable for the UK Spouse Visa application?

Bethoven707
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bethoven707 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:44 pm

Thank you @amazonianX for your answers for q1 and 2 :)

Bethoven707
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bethoven707 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:56 pm

Bethoven707 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:05 pm

1. Is the 'IELTS Life Skills B1 Speaking and Listening' test acceptable for the UK Spouse Visa application which she took in July 2022, or is it necessary to take the A1 test?

2. Will the expiration of my wife's TB test in early March 2024 affect our Spouse Visa application if we submit the application in late February 2024?

can anyone assist on questions 3 & 4?

Goenitz
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Goenitz » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:06 pm

The house requirement is given here.
[LINK REMOVED]
Just keep in mind that even reception rooms are counted as bedrooms. Less than 10 years old are counted as half. I think the parent house should work but not sure how.

A piece of friendly advice (Mods delete if necessary): have your marriage earlier to get the certificate (translated into English) and apply for the visa in Jan as IHS is increasing by 66% in late Jan. You can have the ceremony as planned in Feb.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:22 pm

Removed the link to a 3rd party website - can't leave it up there.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:23 pm

Regarding using your parent's current accommodation, you will require a letter from the landlord agreeing to you and your wife living in the property. From the information you have given on the pending eviction, this won't be a viable option.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Bethoven707
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bethoven707 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:06 am

Goenitz wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:06 pm
[LINK REMOVED]
Just keep in mind that even reception rooms are counted as bedrooms. Less than 10 years old are counted as half. I think the parent house should work but not sure how.

A piece of friendly advice (Mods delete if necessary): have your marriage earlier to get the certificate (translated into English) and apply for the visa in Jan as IHS is increasing by 66% in late Jan. You can have the ceremony as planned in Feb.
Last edited by Bethoven707 on Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bethoven707
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bethoven707 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:06 am

Goenitz wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:06 pm
[LINK REMOVED]

Thanks, real shame on the IHS. Will struggle to submit my application by then as I need to have enough pictures, I think 10 is the required number, also unclear if I can submit with my current housing situation.

Do you know anything on Q4?
Last edited by Bethoven707 on Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bethoven707
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bethoven707 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:09 am

Casa wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:23 pm
Regarding using your parent's current accommodation, you will require a letter from the landlord agreeing to you and your wife living in the property. From the information you have given on the pending eviction, this won't be a viable option.
Thanks. Could I quote in my accommodation letter to the Immigration officer, a 'potential' new house with the landlords permission that I have not yet lived in?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:46 am

Bethoven707 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:09 am
Casa wrote:
Thanks. Could I quote in my accommodation letter to the Immigration officer, a 'potential' new house with the landlords permission that I have not yet lived in?
I would say no. Anyone can state potential. Its something concrete that can be evidenced and the application is evidence/supporting documents based.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:05 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:46 am
Bethoven707 wrote:
Casa wrote:
I would say no. Anyone can state potential. Its something concrete that can be evidenced and the application is evidence/supporting documents based.
I agree. Potential = possibly. The HO Case Worker won't accept this as evidence of adequate accommodation.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Bethoven707
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bethoven707 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:40 pm

Casa wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:05 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:46 am
Bethoven707 wrote:
Casa wrote:
I agree. Potential = possibly. The HO Case Worker won't accept this as evidence of adequate accommodation.
Thanks both appreciate it

Bethoven707
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bethoven707 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:21 pm

Hi all,

Happy new year to all of you.

One further question. Can the address of the residence my spouse will live in (and indeed what I will tell the HO caseworker) differ from what is stated on my evidence docs as a sponsor? To explain this further: I currently live at my parent's and all my sponsor docs (employment letter, payslips, bank statements) are all addressed to their property. However I am looking to purchase my own property soon, so for my future spouse's accommodation I would say she would live there with me, instead of at my parent's as we would not meet the bedroom requirement there.

Just wanted to check this won't confuse the HO caseworker?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:48 pm

Bethoven707 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:21 pm
Hi all,

One further question. Can the address of the residence my spouse will live in (and indeed what I will tell the HO caseworker) differ from what is stated on my evidence docs as a sponsor? To explain this further: I currently live at my parent's and all my sponsor docs (employment letter, payslips, bank statements) are all addressed to their property. However I am looking to purchase my own property soon, so for my future spouse's accommodation I would say she would live there with me, instead of at my parent's as we would not meet the bedroom requirement there.

If you have not purchased the property as at the time of application it will be wrong to state such. Rather stick to present address.

Bethoven707
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bethoven707 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:43 pm

Thank you appreciate it :)

Bethoven707
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bethoven707 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:44 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:48 pm
Bethoven707 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:21 pm
Hi all,

If you have not purchased the property as at the time of application it will be wrong to state such. Rather stick to present address.
Thank you appreciate it :)

Bethoven707
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bethoven707 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:07 am

Hi All

I am in the process of buying a property but will not have the land registry document until 3 months (due to their waiting times). How else can I prove that I own the property?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:06 pm

Bethoven707 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:07 am
Hi All

I am in the process of buying a property but will not have the land registry document until 3 months (due to their waiting times). How else can I prove that I own the property?
Read the earlier response you got, it hasn't change.

Bethoven707
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bethoven707 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:18 pm

Hi all,

In order to meet the accommodation requirement for the spouse visa, I purchased a house last month. My proof of deed (Land registry file) will take some time (I am told almost a year). However, I have been advised that instead I can meet the accommodation requirement by providing letters from my mortgage lender proving my mortgage arrangement for that property. I can also provide a letter from solicitor confirming that they have applied for my proof of deed, and hopefully my first Council Tax Bill.

Trust that would be fine?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:28 pm

Bethoven707 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:18 pm
Hi all,

In order to meet the accommodation requirement for the spouse visa, I purchased a house last month. My proof of deed (Land registry file) will take some time (I am told almost a year). However, I have been advised that instead I can meet the accommodation requirement by providing letters from my mortgage lender proving my mortgage arrangement for that property. I can also provide a letter from solicitor confirming that they have applied for my proof of deed, and hopefully my first Council Tax Bill.

Trust that would be fine?
Yes. That should be alright.

Bethoven707
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bethoven707 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm

Amazing thank you so much Amazonian, legend!!

Bethoven707
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bethoven707 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:49 pm

A further question re my WhatsApp chat history with my spouse. This has been in Roman Urdu (urdu typed in english alphabet).

Now I have been advised that I do not need to translate these, as "It doesn't matter what language you speak in. They only care that you regularly communicate. There's no requirement that you have to only communicate in English.

Is that your understanding too?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:58 am

Bethoven707 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:49 pm
A further question re my WhatsApp chat history with my spouse. This has been in Roman Urdu (urdu typed in english alphabet).

Now I have been advised that I do not need to translate these, as "It doesn't matter what language you speak in. They only care that you regularly communicate. There's no requirement that you have to only communicate in English.

Is that your understanding too?
Correct
(Casa, not CR001)

Bethoven707
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bethoven707 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:32 am

Thank you Casa! :)