ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS number issue with application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

talktonight

IHS number issue with application

Post by talktonight » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:03 pm

Hi all,

I started online application for my wife's FLR(M) extension visa, left some of the answers incomplete (travel dates outside of the UK for her and our 2 children), proceeded to the IHS payment, obtained reference number, inserted it in the application, and at that time there was an option to edit my application. I thought I will complete those missing travel dates a bit later, since needed to look at all the passport stamps to retrieve exact dates. However, I now see her application status as "completed" and it can't be edited. I haven't paid any visa fees yet, only IHS charge.

Could you please help what is my best option now - start new application and hope that the same IHS reference number will still be valid? Or just print the existing application and attach extra sheets with travel dates to it?

Meesha

Re: IHS number issue with application

Post by Meesha » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:51 am

Unfortunately, you cannot edit once IHS is paid.
I think the best option would be withdraw or cancel this application and get IHS refund. And apply for new application. If you don't have extra money then it would be a problem as IHS refund can take longer (on their website it states 28days). Travel history is important when it comes to immigration.
Experts can shed more light on this. You might be able to explain this in the cover letter but Case manager cannot be forced to look at cover letter.