ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certification of payslips & bank statements: spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Meesha

Certification of payslips & bank statements: spouse visa

Post by Meesha » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:13 am

Dear forum members,
Can you please advise me about the followings:
1. I am downloading my payslips from my university online portal, how do I get it verified? Does it need verification?
2. I have downloaded my online bank statements pdfs, the closest branch for my bank is at 1.5hrs drive if i plan to get these stamped and again i am not sure if they will stamp it as i struggled with it in the past and had to visit few branches until one did it for me ( it was in a different city). Do the statements need stamped?
3. I have got employment letter which states everything like gross annual income, full time permanent job start date. However, it doesn't say anything about payslips. Is it okay or do I need another letter?
4. I have a housing letter from local council which states my lease is secure (unlimited time), and that my house wont overcrowd if my husband stay in it however I don't have any other agreement like lease or tenancy agreement etc. is it enough?
5. Same letter as above states property was inspected at the time of entry (last year October) and was found fit to live. Do I need any survey report too?
6. Our marriage certificate has typo that we see last week. It states heading as passport number but put ID card number in it. We submit it for amendment and new certificate issue date would be next week though marriage date is an year old. Would it be a problem?
7. We have paid IHS, should I wait to submit application until I get marriage certificate amended, do all the documents should be dated earlier to application submission?
8. Do I need scanning my all passport pages to attach with spouse visa application?

Many thanks in advance!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Certification of payslips & bank statements: spouse visa

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:31 am

Meesha wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:13 am
Dear forum members,
Can you please advise me about the followings:
1. I am downloading my payslips from my university online portal, how do I get it verified? Does it need verification? No
2. I have downloaded my online bank statements pdfs, the closest branch for my bank is at 1.5hrs drive if i plan to get these stamped and again i am not sure if they will stamp it as i struggled with it in the past and had to visit few branches until one did it for me ( it was in a different city). Do the statements need stamped? No
3. I have got employment letter which states everything like gross annual income, full time permanent job start date. However, it doesn't say anything about payslips. Is it okay or do I need another letter? Letter needs to state payslips are genuine
4. I have a housing letter from local council which states my lease is secure (unlimited time), and that my house wont overcrowd if my husband stay in it however I don't have any other agreement like lease or tenancy agreement etc. is it enough? On what basis are you occupying the house if there is no legal contract between you and landlord?
5. Same letter as above states property was inspected at the time of entry (last year October) and was found fit to live. Do I need any survey report too? No, PIR not mandatory
6. Our marriage certificate has typo that we see last week. It states heading as passport number but put ID card number in it. We submit it for amendment and new certificate issue date would be next week though marriage date is an year old. Would it be a problem? Should not, old one coyld be used with explanation
7. We have paid IHS, should I wait to submit application until I get marriage certificate amended, do all the documents should be dated earlier to application submission? Yes
8. Do I need scanning my all passport pages to attach with spouse visa application? Either that or biodata page.

Many thanks in advance!

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:59 am

Hi members,
I have never used any solicitor or agent for my earlier applications and relied on this forum and was successful. My husband is using some immigration agent back home and he has rejected this support letter. He says this letter does not meet requirements and cannot provide a template either. My husband is very
worried. This letter is issued by local housing association on formal letterhead with signs and stamps.

Can someone please advise me quickly what changes I ask for to be made in this letter.

Dear (my name),

Thank you for your inquiry to be given permission to allow (my husband name and dob), to reside with you.

I can confirm the following.
You reside at address....., which is a 3 bed first floor flat.
The tenancy is a secure tenancy, which began on 27 October 2022.
The rent balance as of todays date, is £422.01 in credit.
The weekly rent is £422.06, which equates to a monthly charge of …….
According to our records, you reside in the property with (my children names and dob)

At the time of letting, this property was inspected and handed over to the tenant in accordance with health and safety regulations. Gas safety inspections are conducted annually and are up to date at present.

While we have no information to suggest your husband cannot reside with you, I must advise you that we do not allow overcrowding in the property. Therefore, if your husband requires their own bedroom for medical needs, there is not enough room in the property, and we would not support a move. As the tenant you would remain responsible for the behaviour of those you allow into your property. You would need to update your benefit / council tax claims if your husband did begin to reside with you.

I hope this helps.
Kind regards,

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:17 am

Can someone please reply?
@ AmazonianX
@CR001

Todays is last working day to get it amended please.
Regards
Meesha

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:53 am

Meesha wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:17 am
Can someone please reply?
@ AmazonianX
@CR001

Todays is last working day to get it amended please.
Regards
Meesha
Do not be worried or let someone make you panic to gifting scarce resources away.

The above letter from the LHA has done part of the job for you. Were you able to get a tenancy agreement from them?

You write a support letter to include the line that according to the Housing Act, your husband joining you in the property will not lead to overcrowding or breaching of the Housing Act.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:59 am

Thank you so much!
I have PDF via email. It does not have any signatures. Can it be used as such?

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:32 pm

The agent is still insisting on getting house survey done?

Meesha

Is House survey essential?

Post by Meesha » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:36 pm

What is the other way of showing that the house is suitable for living other than house survey?
I think if I live in it with 3 children, it is habitable.

How long we have to submit application after submitting IHS fee?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:12 pm

Meesha wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:32 pm
The agent is still insisting on getting house survey done?
The decision is in your hands not that of the agent.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Is House survey essential?

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:15 pm

Meesha wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:36 pm
What is the other way of showing that the house is suitable for living other than house survey?
I think if I live in it with 3 children, it is habitable.

How long we have to submit application after submitting IHS fee?
The letter you already have and your statements, if anything else HO will request it or let you know.

Date of payment is taken as application submission date and you have between then and biometrics appointment date to upload documents.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:08 pm

Hi,
Is the date of submission of the application would be the date we pay final application fee?
Can it be IHS fee payment date? Once I paid IHS fee, it says we have 10 weeks to complete the rest of the application!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:23 pm

The date of application is the date you pay and submit the online form. Ihs payment is part of the same process

You should be paying rhe ihs as part of rhe online application process. Even if you pay it separately first, it is not an immigration application just by paying ihs fee.

You cannot choose what application date you want.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:18 pm

Cant I chose application submission date??
For example if I submit application on 26th December, would it be the application date?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:20 pm

You can submit the application at any time. That is not what you asked in your previous post though. You asked if you can use ihs payment as submission date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:26 pm

I have inquired about it many months ago, everything got delayed due to lack of wedding photos. We had proper ceremony done now and ready to send documents. Am I missing anything or overdoing?

1. Passport, all pages scanned
Employment
2. 1year payslips
3. Employment letter
4. P60 2x
5. Bank statements 6 months

Housing
6. Local Council letter/NOC
7. Lease agreement
8. Housing payment statements, online payment statements downloaded from housing association website.
9. Children British passports as a part of the lease agreement 3x.
10 Council tax letter
11. British gas bills

Relationship
12 Marriage certificate
13. Divorce letter from previous marriage
14. Reception photos
15. Travel photos
16. WhatsApp screenshot
17. Insta screenshots
18 FB screenshots

19 Pak passport
20 TB test
21 English language test
22. Cover letter
23. IHS payment proof
My ex spouse is SEO in immigration department nowadays. Do I need to mention this in cover letter?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:36 pm

Meesha wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:26 pm
I have inquired about it many months ago, everything got delayed due to lack of wedding photos. We had proper ceremony done now and ready to send documents. Am I missing anything or overdoing?

1. Passport, all pages scanned
Employment
2. 1year payslips YOU ONLY NEED 6 MONTHS PAYSLIPS TO MATCH THE 6 MONTHS BANK STATEMENTS.
3. Employment letter
4. P60 2x NOT REQUIRED
5. Bank statements 6 months MUST MATCH THE SAME 6 PAYSLIPS

Housing
6. Local Council letter/NOC
7. Lease agreement
8. Housing payment statements, online payment statements downloaded from housing association website. WHY ARE YOU SUBMITTING THIS?
9. Children British passports as a part of the lease agreement 3x.
10 Council tax letter
11. British gas bills

Relationship
12 Marriage certificate
13. Divorce letter from previous marriage LETTER OR OFFICIAL COURT DOCUMENT?? IT MUST BE AN OFFICIAL LEGAL DIVORCE DOCUMENT
14. Reception photos
15. Travel photos
16. WhatsApp screenshot
17. Insta screenshots
18 FB screenshots

19 Pak passport
20 TB test
21 English language test
22. Cover letter
23. IHS payment proof
My ex spouse is SEO in immigration department nowadays. Do I need to mention this in cover letter? IRRELEVANT
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:40 am

Divorce letter is issued by Nadra (Official body in Pak). Do I need submitting Khula documents issued by court?

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:26 pm

Hi,
LHA is willing to include my husband name in the lease agreement. Would it be better?
Regards

Meesha

Re: Tenancy agreement: spouse visa

Post by Meesha » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:54 am

Can someone please advise!
Would it be better if I include my husband name in tenancy agreement to support his visa application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tenancy agreement: spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:31 pm

Meesha wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:54 am
Can someone please advise!
Would it be better if I include my husband name in tenancy agreement to support his visa application?
You cannot add your huaband to the tenancy if he is not in the uk with a valid visa to prove right to rent.

There is NO requirement for entry clearance spouse visa that your spouse oversees must be on the tenancy.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:56 pm

Dear members please advise me with last minute questions.
I have 2 employment letters from my employer, one states my husband application number and ukba reference number stating they are writing this letter to support the said application but have no date.
2nd has date of 15december 2023 but not the above.
Which letter should we attach with the application?

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:21 am

Dear Members,
I intend to leave UK on 22 January for attending a training in USA for 2 weeks. Do I need to be present in the UK while my husband's application is under process?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:57 am

Meesha wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:21 am
Dear Members,
I intend to leave UK on 22 January for attending a training in USA for 2 weeks. Do I need to be present in the UK while my husband's application is under process?
No your presence isn't required.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:11 pm

Hi,
I have one question about bank statement.
I receive Universal Credit which includes 85% refund of childcare costs too. My UC amount/month is almost as much as my house rent and some months few pounds more.
Would it be an issue? Do I need to attach my Universal Credit statement!

Meesha

Post by Meesha » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:08 pm

Hi,
Please help! I am so stressed.
We have applied for spouse visa. I attached lease agreement and LHA support letter. However, my house got flood over the weekend due to boiler burst in the upstairs flat. Water, gas and electricity supply is cut down to the whole building. This has made my house inhabitable. Me and my children are moved into temporary accommodation while repairs are carried out in the house. LHA gave 2 weeks tentative time for repairs. My husband has applied for priority service.
I am so worried if home office contacted LHA and they mentioned that house is not fir for living at the moment, how would it affect the visa? Would it really have any negative impact as repairs will be done in 2 weeks and I will move back int he property.