ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinate Long Residence NHS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashak
Mood:
Pakistan

Indefinate Long Residence NHS

Post by ashak » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:54 pm

Hello Gurus,

Summary: I was on Tier 1 General which was refused in 2014 but eventually given ILR in 2019 after a long fight with HO. My wife arrived in 2014 as a T1 G dependent. When i got the ILR in 2019 HO gave my wife discretionary Leave to remain.

Q1- In April 2024 she will complete 10 year in this country. Can she apply ILR on the basis of 10 year long residence even though she is on discretionary leave ?

Q2- In the last year, I went to pharmacy for GP presctiption collection, I dont pay for my medcine but by mistake I collected her small amount medicine as well and forgot to pay for her. Will this come any kind of benefits or anything which could lead to a refusal ? If it is how can I get this sorted ?

Regards
Ashak

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Indefinate Long Residence NHS

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:52 am

1. Yes
2. Unless she has been told that she has NHS debt, then there is no issue. This is probably simply an admin issue at the pharmacy.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ashak
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ashak » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:16 am

Hi Gurus,

As per the above..

My wife will be completing 10 years in this country in April 2024. Should I use FLR(FP) for ILR application?

Also what documents are needed ?
- Application FLR(FP)
- LIUK
- B1
- Passports and travel history

Also for FLR(FP) do she need to do B1 ? as https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/docum ... st-provide
do not say LIUK and B1 english test is required is there a exemption on this application ?

Note: She do not have a UK Degree

Regards
Ashak

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:28 am

FLR(FP) is only used to extend leave under certain family routes, it is NOT an ILR form. :!:

She needs to apply under the long residence using form SET(LR): https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-lr

She needs LIUK and also has to sit a SELT at B1
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ashak
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ashak » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:00 pm

Apologies.. not sure why FLR(FP) was struck in my mind.. thanks for the information.

one more quesions.

once she get the ILR can she apply for Naturlisation right after that or she need to wait for 1 year to ge the naturalisation/British passport?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:34 pm

ashak wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:00 pm
Apologies.. not sure why FLR(FP) was struck in my mind.. thanks for the information.

one more quesions.

once she get the ILR can she apply for Naturlisation right after that or she need to wait for 1 year to ge the naturalisation/British passport?
Those married to British citizens can apply as you described above, others have to do so after 1year on ILR.