ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship Documents for Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uhd4k
New Zealand

Sponsorship Documents for Visitor Visa

Post by uhd4k » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:42 am

Hello,

I am planning on sponsoring a relative to come for a short break -visitor visa. I am not keen on giving my employment and bank details to the relative as that is personal and sensitive, especially documents with £ figures. Is there a way to send such documents directly to the immigration advisor looking after the case? I know this is possible in other countries but could not find anything for the UK.

Thanks.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Sponsorship Documents for Visitor Visa

Post by meself2 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:36 am

If by immigration adviser you mean the entry clearance officer, who makes a decision about a visa - no.

You can upload your documents yourself onto the portal, assuming you're the one filling out the form/having login details, but I would expect that it'll be possible for your relative to download them from there, if they wish to.

Or you can not sponsor them.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:51 am

uhd4k wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:42 am
Hello,

I am planning on sponsoring a relative to come for a short break -visitor visa. I am not keen on giving my employment and bank details to the relative as that is personal and sensitive, especially documents with £ figures. Is there a way to send such documents directly to the immigration advisor looking after the case? I know this is possible in other countries but could not find anything for the UK.

Thanks.
The only way will be if you are the one to create the account for them, fill form and upload documents on their behalf I.e. more or less manage the application process for said relative.

uhd4k
New Zealand

Post by uhd4k » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:22 pm

Thanks everyone for the swift reply. Much appreciated. It looks like I will have to create and manage the application account. That way I have the password and email to control access.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:57 pm

uhd4k wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:22 pm
Thanks everyone for the swift reply. Much appreciated. It looks like I will have to create and manage the application account. That way I have the password and email to control access.
If there is any document for applicant to sign or provide in hardcopy e.g. appointment proof or any of such, download and send to their email, if any they need to be uploaded, they scan and send to your email.

uhd4k
New Zealand

Post by uhd4k » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:10 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:57 pm
If there is any document for applicant to sign or provide in hardcopy e.g. appointment proof or any of such, download and send to their email, if any they need to be uploaded, they scan and send to your email.
Makes sense. Many thanks!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:55 am

There is no such thing as sponsorship or inviting someone here under the UK immigration rules for a standard visit visa. You cannot sponsor anyone as a visitor to the UK. Your family members or relatives are expected to satisfy the visa officers on their own when applying for a visit visa. They can claim that they are going to visit family (you) and provide your details but this not an act of sponsoring their visa :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

uhd4k
New Zealand

Post by uhd4k » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:08 pm

zimba wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:55 am
There is no such thing as sponsorship or inviting someone here under the UK immigration rules for a standard visit visa. You cannot sponsor anyone as a visitor to the UK. Your family members or relatives are expected to satisfy the visa officers on their own when applying for a visit visa. They can claim that they are going to visit family (you) and provide your details but this not an act of sponsoring their visa :?
You may have been caught in the word's definition, but sponsorship does exist, and it is about sponsoring someone and not the visa of someone. I already used it previously and here is a formal link that explains it: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -a-sponsor

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:04 pm

uhd4k wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:08 pm
but sponsorship does exist, and it is about sponsoring someone and not the visa of someone.
Technically yes, but! it does not mean that your circumstances are ignored.
See example from a visa refusal ( post2115188.html#p2115188 ):
. I have acknowledged that your sponsor in the UK are willing to provide adequate support for a limited visit to the United Kingdom; however it is
your circumstances and intentions which are paramount in assessing your application
So despote your fatehr sponsoring you, you still need to show you have money and reasons to return back to your home country.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

uhd4k
New Zealand

Post by uhd4k » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:13 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:04 pm
Technically yes, but! it does not mean that your circumstances are ignored.
See example from a visa refusal ( post2115188.html#p2115188 ):
. I have acknowledged that your sponsor in the UK are willing to provide adequate support for a limited visit to the United Kingdom; however it is
your circumstances and intentions which are paramount in assessing your application
So despote your fatehr sponsoring you, you still need to show you have money and reasons to return back to your home country.
You're 100% right. The sponsorship covers some aspects but not all. There is more to the application than a sponsorship. The guarantee of not overstaying is a big one, and that is proven by what the visitor does and has back in their country.

Now, in my opinion (don't quote me on this), a robust sponsorship does help a lot in alleviating suspicions, especially if the same sponsor's previous guests came and left with no issues. Would you agree with my statement, or does it not matter at all?

Cheers.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:27 pm

uhd4k wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:08 pm
zimba wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:55 am
You may have been caught in the word's definition, but sponsorship does exist, and it is about sponsoring someone and not the visa of someone. I already used it previously and here is a formal link that explains it: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -a-sponsor
The term 'sponsor' there is used to mean 'providing a place of stay and financial support during someone's visit'. I wanted to emphasise that onus is still on the applicant to prove that they will return after the visit
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice