ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What to do if you are not at home to get the citizenship certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lefsler
Newly Registered
Brazil

What to do if you are not at home to get the citizenship certificate

Post by lefsler » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

I went to the ceremony for citizenship a few weeks ago but I will be traveling to my home country for almost a month so if the citizenship certificate is sent during that time its very likely that I will miss it.

Is there any process to follow if that happens? My "assumption" is that because I will be a month off there is the possibility that it will be returned to the immigration office, but I am unsure what is the proper steps to take here.

Thanks

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: What to do if you are not at home to get the citizenship certificate

Post by Angel99 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:04 pm

lefsler wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:37 pm
Hi Everyone,

I went to the ceremony for citizenship a few weeks ago but I will be traveling to my home country for almost a month so if the citizenship certificate is sent during that time its very likely that I will miss it.

Is there any process to follow if that happens? My "assumption" is that because I will be a month off there is the possibility that it will be returned to the immigration office, but I am unsure what is the proper steps to take here.

Thanks
Hi,

You can rent a box from An post. Your mails will be kept in a post box at the post office and you can open your box and pick up your mails anytime you like. It comes with a price though.
How to apply;

https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Rec ... t-a-PO-Box

Prices;

https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Rec ... -box-rates

meself2
Ireland

Re: What to do if you are not at home to get the citizenship certificate

Post by meself2 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:32 pm

If you don't obtain it - yeah, it'll be sent back.
Other options include renting a box, as explained above, or agreeing with your postie to just slide it into the box, for example. If someone else is at home, they'll just be able to take it then.

Also I think certificates will be received around February or so - maybe you'll just get it.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.