ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with UK Standard Visitor Visa application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

springtimeofficial
Newly Registered
Myanmar

Need help with UK Standard Visitor Visa application

Post by springtimeofficial » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:06 pm

I recently graduated from a UK university through online studies and plan to travel to the UK for the graduation ceremony. However, I'm currently unemployed and in my 30s.

Both my parents are accompanying me on this trip, and my father is sponsoring the entire journey. The main concern is my age and the lack of savings in a bank account. Although I have some cash on hand, it's not a substantial amount.

I'm expecting confirmation for a 6-month contract job starting in January 2024. The salary for this position is £380 per month (converted currency), and my estimated monthly expenses are £40 due to living with my parents

Should I fill the information like this?

What is your employment status?: Employed (if I got accepted)
Do you have another income or any savings? : No (because I do not deposit in the bank. Should I start depositing now?)
How much money do you have in savings (in GBP)?: £1000.00 (if I start depositing in January)
How much money are you personally planning to spend on your visit to the UK? : £1,500.00
What is the total amount of money you spend each month?: £40.00 (should I write my own spending or should I divide the total spending of four family members as we are living together and our rent and expenses are shared).
Will anyone be paying for the cost of your visit?: Yes
Who is paying for the cost of your visit?: Someone I know (for example, family or friend)
How much money will they be paying towards your visit? : £2000.00

Do I need to provide proof of my previous employment? My last job was five years ago. If I begin a new job in January 2024, how might this impact my financial situation regarding a UK visit visa application? Can I notarize the buy/sell receipt for my gold bars?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Need help with UK Standard Visitor Visa application

Post by meself2 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:39 pm

That might not be an easy visa to get, to be frank.

Your problem is not only the lack of savings, but also lack of ties to your country. What do you have that makes you go back?

Have a look at yourself from the POV of an immigration officer - someone without personal savings, a job, property wants to get into UK. While it's not bad per se, you'd have to provide something to strengthen your situation for staying here.

New job is good, but it's a 6 month contract - when are you planning to go to a ceremony? If it's going to finish around that time, it doesn't help that much.
I don't know about receipts for gold bars (?) and all - other knowledgeable members will give advice.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

springtimeofficial
Newly Registered
Myanmar

Post by springtimeofficial » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:33 am

Thank you very much for the reply.

Since my father is sponsoring me, wouldn't this suffice?. He will also travel with me. I do have savings but cash in hand and do not keep money in the bank (it's quite common in the country as we are currently under civil war). Like you said from the POV of ECO, there can be an issue. but I'm wondering, if I could open a new bank account and start depositing in January?

if I were to start depositing the funds I have, I'm concerned the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) might inquire about the source of the money. This would require tracing back to my previous employment from five years ago, a time from which I can no longer obtain confirmation from my previous employer as the company no longer exists, and I've lost contact with them.

Additionally, I've received an offer to pursue a Master's degree at a UK university (on campus) and have already accepted the offer, having deposited the initial fees. I must to return, regardless to my home country to apply for a student visa for the September intake.

Regarding properties, we have a lot but all are under my parents' names. We recently negotiated the purchase of a condominium and will be making the first installment payment in January 2024.

The challenge arises in completing the application. I'm not sure how to fill in this section:

"What is the total amount of money you spend each month?:"

Should I list my personal spending, or should I divide the total spending among the four family members, considering we live together and share rent and expenses?"

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:01 am

The application is asking about you, the applicant, specifically, not your household; if there's something that you feel you should explain, you can attach a cover letter to your application to address that.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:01 am

With the explanations above, most likely going to be tough on getting the visa to attend graduation.
If possible to forego the physical graduation, do so
Then concentrate on putting things in place to ensure getting visa for the Masters program and parents can attend graduation then.

springtimeofficial
Newly Registered
Myanmar

Post by springtimeofficial » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:12 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:01 am
With the explanations above, most likely going to be tough on getting the visa to attend graduation.
Then concentrate on putting things in place to ensure getting visa for the Masters program and parents can attend graduation then.
May I know the reason?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:04 pm

springtimeofficial wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:12 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:01 am
May I know the reason?
See things from the POV of the ECO, with what you have outlined above will it be a guaranteed approval?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:57 am

There is no such thing as sponsorship or inviting someone here under the UK immigration rules for a standard visit visa. You cannot sponsor anyone as a visitor to the UK. You are expected to satisfy the visa officers on your own when applying for a visit visa.

I agree with the others above. The purpose of your visit is to attend a ceremony for a course that you did not even attend in person and you cannot show strong ties to your country or something that suggests you will leave the UK after your visit. So in my opinion on the balance of probabilities, the officer will not be satisfied to grant a visa as things stand
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:30 am

springtimeofficial wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:06 pm
I recently graduated from a UK university through online studies and plan to travel to the UK for the graduation ceremony. However, I'm currently unemployed and in my 30s.

Both my parents are accompanying me on this trip, and my father is sponsoring the entire journey. The main concern is my age and the lack of savings in a bank account. Although I have some cash on hand, it's not a substantial amount.

I'm expecting confirmation for a 6-month contract job starting in January 2024. The salary for this position is £380 per month (converted currency), and my estimated monthly expenses are £40 due to living with my parents

Should I fill the information like this?

What is your employment status?: Employed (if I got accepted)
Do you have another income or any savings? : No (because I do not deposit in the bank. Should I start depositing now?)
How much money do you have in savings (in GBP)?: £1000.00 (if I start depositing in January) By my calculations, that would be 3 months wages. It obviously looks like you're trying to put something together only for this visa process. Red flag
How much money are you personally planning to spend on your visit to the UK? : £1,500.00 You can't even evidence this huge pay. This is almost 5 times what you would earn monthly and not up to what you'd have in your savings???
What is the total amount of money you spend each month?: £40.00 (should I write my own spending or should I divide the total spending of four family members as we are living together and our rent and expenses are shared).
Will anyone be paying for the cost of your visit?: Yes
Who is paying for the cost of your visit?: Someone I know (for example, family or friend)
How much money will they be paying towards your visit? : £2000.00 What is this supposed to cover? Flight, accommodation, living expenses? It's a lot of money, and he probably has that to spare, but what are you bringing to the table?

Do I need to provide proof of my previous employment? My last job was five years ago. If I begin a new job in January 2024, how might this impact my financial situation regarding a UK visit visa application? Can I notarize the buy/sell receipt for my gold bars?
It would be a very tricky one. In my opinion 85% chance it fails. 15% chance by a miracle you scale through based on wanting to attend your graduation.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!