ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents in PK - what are my options?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

b1234567
Pakistan

Parents in PK - what are my options?

Post by b1234567 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:18 am

Good Morning All,

I hope you are well.
I’d appreciate any advice regarding my situation and the possible routes I could explore to get my wife’s parents to the UK from Pakistan.

My wife and I are both British citizens, her parents currently reside in Pakistan. They are elderly, have some mobility issues due to old age but not registered disabled (not sure if that’s even a thing in Pakistan). I understand that an ADR visa is near impossible to be granted for people with genuine issues, let alone those who can just about manage to complete day to day tasks. My question is then, what other avenues could one explore to get the parents over here? As a British citizen, are there other rights that you may have to see your family or bring them here?
Any advice or guidance would be immensely appreciated.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Parents in PK - what are my options?

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:23 am

b1234567 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:18 am
Good Morning All,

I hope you are well.
I’d appreciate any advice regarding my situation and the possible routes I could explore to get my wife’s parents to the UK from Pakistan.

My wife and I are both British citizens, her parents currently reside in Pakistan. They are elderly, have some mobility issues due to old age but not registered disabled (not sure if that’s even a thing in Pakistan). I understand that an ADR visa is near impossible to be granted for people with genuine issues, let alone those who can just about manage to complete day to day tasks. My question is then, what other avenues could one explore to get the parents over here? Besides visit visa, none more or less. As a British citizen, are there other rights that you may have to see your family or bring them here? No, there is no such right conferred on being a BC, more like disadvantage. HO is averred to chain migration?

b1234567
Pakistan

Post by b1234567 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:42 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:23 am
b1234567 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:18 am
Good Morning All,

I hope you are well.

My wife and I are both British citizens, her parents currently reside in Pakistan. They are elderly, have some mobility issues due to old age but not registered disabled (not sure if that’s even a thing in Pakistan). I understand that an ADR visa is near impossible to be granted for people with genuine issues, let alone those who can just about manage to complete day to day tasks. My question is then, what other avenues could one explore to get the parents over here? Besides visit visa, none more or less. As a British citizen, are there other rights that you may have to see your family or bring them here? No, there is no such right conferred on being a BC, more like disadvantage. HO is averred to chain migration?
Hi Amazonian,

Thank you for your response.

b1234567
Pakistan

Calling parents as visitors from Pakistan

Post by b1234567 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:47 am

Hi Everyone,

Looking for some guidance from mods and/or users who have had success with visitor applications from Pakistan.

Context: British citizen looking to call parents over from Pakistan on a visit visa.

To satisfy the HO that the applicants (in this case my parents) will return to their country, there needs to be a significant amount of funds in there account to use as supporting evidence that the applicants can not only afford their stay in the UK, but have enough money to convince the HO that they will and can afford to return and continue their lives back in Pakistan.

There is no set figure on how much this should be, so my question is, what amount of funds have people had success with?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:45 am

Funding to return is not really a major point. It is all about their ties with their home country. Do they hold property, are there significant family members in the home country to encourage return, is there an income stream in there home country?

b1234567
Pakistan

Post by b1234567 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:42 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:45 am
Funding to return is not really a major point. It is all about their ties with their home country. Do they hold property, are there significant family members in the home country to encourage return, is there an income stream in there home country?
Thanks Frontier for getting back to me.
I note your points, but what I’m dealing with is a poor family stuck in a poor country. My parents depend on me financially with only a small income stream from my retired fathers pension and the property they live in is owned but is nothing fancy. So from the HO perspective, there truly isn’t a lot to go back to. What other options do I have? They’re both getting old and my mother has mobility issues - feel a bit stuck on options tbh.

Edit: just to add, in terms of family there, my two brothers are there, both of whom are uneducated and have fairly low income jobs. The majority of financial support is sent from myself and other siblings here in the UK.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:49 pm

Sadly, the fact that you are supporting your parents financially actually weakens their visitor visa application.

The Case Worker will want to see documented evidence that there are stronger reasons for them to return home, than they would have to remain in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:18 pm

Your brothers are a very major reason to return, are they married with kids - if so the grandchildren are a very good reason to return 🤷‍♂️
It is all about reasons to return - don’t focus on income / education of those back home. Look at the reasons to return not the negatives

b1234567
Pakistan

Post by b1234567 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:52 am

Thank you @casa and @frontier for your input.
I will take onboard the advice from both of you and see if there’s anything that can be done or any other routes which can be followed.
They do have grandchildren so yeah I guess that’s one reason to return.

If anyone has any other experiences to share or advice then please feel free to comment.

Thank you.

Happy new year!

b1234567
Pakistan

Post by b1234567 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:10 am

Hi All,

Can someone provide me with a document checklist (or link to one) for a standard visit visa for my parents to visit from Pakistan?

Thank you in advance