ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is ILR Set (O) - dependent eligible for Priority service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

justaquery
Pakistan

Dependant ILR - Documents required

Post by justaquery » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:26 pm

Hi All

I am a naturalised British citizen. I was on a Tier 2 General visa for 5 years till Sep 2019, I then shifted to ILR and then I obtained British citizenship in Nov 2020.

My wife was granted a PBS dependent visa on 28 Jan 2019, she arrived in the U.K. on 17 feb 2019.

My questions are below:

1- What is the earliest date she can apply for ILR? Is it 28 days before 28 Jan 2024 or 28 days before 17 Feb 2024?
2- What supporting documents are required for her application?
3- Does she need a letter from her employer confirming her income and any holidays taken?
4- Does she need to submit a continuous residency calculation to show she was not out of country for more than 180 days during any 12 month period? If yes, is there some online calculator that can be filled in and uploaded as part of the evidence?
5- She has a masters degree from a reputed university in the USA. I am planning on getting that certified by U.K. Naric for her English language verification. Is that sufficient?
6- I naturalised as a British citizen almost 22 months after her first PBS dependent visa was issued. Is she eligible to apply for British citizenship immediately after obtaining ILR or will she need to wait 1 year as I was not a British citizen at the time we got married?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependant ILR - Documents required

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:33 pm

1- What is the earliest date she can apply for ILR? Is it 28 days before 28 Jan 2024 or 28 days before 17 Feb 2024?
January date is the one.
2- What supporting documents are required for her application?
Passport, brp, liuk, english, 2 years evidence in bit your names of cohabitation.
3- Does she need a letter from her employer confirming her income and any holidays taken?
No.
4- Does she need to submit a continuous residency calculation to show she was not out of country for more than 180 days during any 12 month period? If yes, is there some online calculator that can be filled in and uploaded as part of the evidence?
Passports only.
5- She has a masters degree from a reputed university in the USA. I am planning on getting that certified by U.K. Naric for her English language verification. Is that sufficient?
Yes.
6- I naturalised as a British citizen almost 22 months after her first PBS dependent visa was issued. Is she eligible to apply for British citizenship immediately after obtaining ILR or will she need to wait 1 year as I was not a British citizen at the time we got married?
No need to wait provided she meets all the requirements to apply based in 3 years residence. When you became british is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

justaquery
Pakistan

Is ILR Set (O) - dependent eligible for Priority service

Post by justaquery » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:06 pm

Hi All,

Will be applying for my wife’s ILR through the Set (O), 5 years dependent partner route.

I am unable to confirm whether this route is eligible for a priority or super priority service. Can anyone confirm? When I applied for my ILR after 5 years on Tier 2, I was allowed to use the super priority service, however, I cannot see the dependent partner route specifically mentioned to be eligible for this service.

Many Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Is ILR Set (O) - dependent eligible for Priority service

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:21 pm

justaquery wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:06 pm
Hi All,

Will be applying for my wife’s ILR through the Set (O), 5 years dependent partner route.

I am unable to confirm whether this route is eligible for a priority or super priority service. Can anyone confirm? When I applied for my ILR after 5 years on Tier 2, I was allowed to use the super priority service, however, I cannot see the dependent partner route specifically mentioned to be eligible for this service.

Many Thanks
Do check eligibility below.

https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa ... ide-the-uk

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Is ILR Set (O) - dependent eligible for Priority service

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:57 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice