ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sonamla
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Post by Sonamla » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:28 am

Hi All,

I received the e-vetting invitation where it asked about applicant details and then in supporting section asked to upload the biometric page of passport. I am having issues with uploading the same? Did anyone have the same issue please. It's one file , pdf under 1.MB so all conditions are correct. Also in this invitation we just need to add the passport file correct and only after this the next step of e-vetting starts wrt addresses etc right?
Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:17 am

Sonamla wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:28 am
Hi All,

I received the e-vetting invitation where it asked about applicant details and then in supporting section asked to upload the biometric page of passport. I am having issues with uploading the same? Did anyone have the same issue please. It's one file , pdf under 1.MB so all conditions are correct. Also in this invitation we just need to add the passport file correct and only after this the next step of e-vetting starts wrt addresses etc right?
Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
you only need to submit the biometric page of the passport. Pls ensure to keep your pdf file less than 1 mb. To compress the PDF file size, you can use adobe or any free tool online.

Sonamla
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sonamla » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:23 am

Thank you for the response. I have a pdf file and that is less than 1MB but it's still giving an error unfortunately

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:25 am

Sonamla wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:23 am
Thank you for the response. I have a pdf file and that is less than 1MB but it's still giving an error unfortunately
looks like the portal is having issues in uploading the files . Pls email the department with the error screenshot . Email id :citizenshipinfo@justice.ie

Sonamla
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sonamla » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:41 am

Thank you so much. Yes have already emailed them. Awaiting b response. Will try a different briefer maybe.

Sonamla
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sonamla » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:48 am

Tried different browser no luck. Will await their response now and once I have any info will share it as well. Thank you for the prompt response.

logicalthinker52
Ireland

Post by logicalthinker52 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:22 am

Got the approval letter today, stamped 29th Dec. Paid the fee and see what goes next.

NgoreLah
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by NgoreLah » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:08 pm

Great news for you! What's your evetting timeline please?

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:12 pm

logicalthinker52 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:22 am
Got the approval letter today, stamped 29th Dec. Paid the fee and see what goes next.
I received mine today too; it was also dated 29 December.

NgoreLah
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by NgoreLah » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:10 pm

sairsint wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:12 pm
logicalthinker52 wrote:
Please can you drop your E-vetting timeline here? Perhaps it may help me have an idea of where I am on this seemingly endless journey...

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:20 pm

NgoreLah wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:10 pm
sairsint wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:12 pm
logicalthinker52 wrote:
Please can you drop your E-vetting timeline here? Perhaps it may help me have an idea of where I am on this seemingly endless journey...
My disclosure was viewed on 28 November 2023.

kmosgirl2
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kmosgirl2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:14 pm

Is there anyone who applied in 2021 and early 2022 who still hasn’t gotten an approval yet? I’m beginning to get a bit worried.

NgoreLah
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by NgoreLah » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:04 pm

kmosgirl2 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:14 pm
Is there anyone who applied in 2021 and early 2022 who still hasn’t gotten an approval yet? I’m beginning to get a bit worried.
I applied in July 2021 and I still haven't got an approval.

csmith11
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by csmith11 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:05 pm

Applied in Feb 2021, e-vetting completed in Sep 2023. Still waiting for the letter. My e-vetting took too long to be completed. Started in Oct/Nov 2022.

logicalthinker52
Ireland

Post by logicalthinker52 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:06 pm

I paid my fee 950 on January 4th, 2024, but I haven't received any response or acknowledgment regarding the completion of the fee process. I expected the fee processing to be quick since it’s an online form processing.

Any idea why the processing of the fee is taking so long? It only took my partner 2 days to process the fee payment last year.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:19 pm

logicalthinker52 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:06 pm
I paid my fee 950 on January 4th, 2024, but I haven't received any response or acknowledgment regarding the completion of the fee process. I expected the fee processing to be quick since it’s an online form processing.

Any idea why the processing of the fee is taking so long? It only took my partner 2 days to process the fee payment last year.
We don't know, but it's usual - took 20 days (!) for my fee to be processed. Might be longer.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:40 pm

logicalthinker52 wrote:

Same here. The debit came out of my account, but still no email from the department saying it’s officially been received/processed.

Nothing surprises me with any part of this entire process anymore.

csmith11
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by csmith11 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:55 am

csmith11 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:05 pm
Applied in Feb 2021, e-vetting completed in Sep 2023. Still waiting for the letter. My e-vetting took too long to be completed. Started in Oct/Nov 2022.
Sent an email to
INISOireachtasMail@justice.ie on 29 Jan 2024 to inquire about the status of my application since didn't hear anything back since e-vetting was completed in September 2023. Received an email from citizenship help desk to re submit vetting consent. I don't really understand how these guys work, their management seems to be pathetic. I had made up my mind to go for judicial review as this Feb it would be 36 months to my application. I have also submitted my FOI application again. The first one was useless as it didn't reveal anything new.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:08 am

sairsint wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:40 pm
logicalthinker52 wrote:

Same here. The debit came out of my account, but still no email from the department saying it’s officially been received/processed.

I just received the email today that my final 950 euro fee was processed, so hopefully they will announce the next ceremony soon.

logicalthinker52
Ireland

Post by logicalthinker52 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:57 pm

sairsint wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:08 am
sairsint wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:40 pm
logicalthinker52 wrote:

I just received the email today that my final 950 euro fee was processed, so hopefully they will announce the next ceremony soon.
Great news! finally I got the fee processed email today too!

Fred13
Ireland

Post by Fred13 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:35 pm

Hello all,

Today I have received an eVetting invitation letter while I have completed the eVetting while ago (around 7 months ago) and since then I have received no more corresponding from Naturalisation office.

At the end of the letter it states:
--Important – If you have received this email previously and completed the e-vetting online form you are not required to do so again.--

But i just wonder if anyone else has received this eVetting invitation for the second time? If so, are you going to fill it again?

I have applied in early 2022 and still have not received approval letter.

freakfaizi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by freakfaizi » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:06 pm

Yes Fred13, I am also in exact similar shoes as you.

I applied in Jun/Jul 2022. Got acknowledgement in Nov 2022.

Got 1st Garda vetting in May 2023 and submitted it and disclosure viewed in June 2023.

Now today 8 Feb 2024, I got another e-vetting invite and saying below:

--Important – If you have received this email previously and completed the e-vetting online form you are not required to do so again.--

I emailed the department to ask, and this is what they replied

"If your query is in relation to an online application that has been submitted, please note once your application is initially assessed you will receive further notification from the Citizenship team. If we require further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your application we will contact you requesting it through the online portal. No further queries can be dealt with regarding your online application at this time.

For applicants that have already begun the application process via the old paper based system, you can continue to submit via the post. There is no need to re-submit your application."

so I am not sure what they mean, should i resubmit my e-vetting again or not do anything?

Another question, do we need GNIB card to attend citizenship ceremony or we can use driving license and passport is enough to suffice. Since my GNIB is lost and I am still waiting for them to send me the replacement card, not sure how long they take to submit replacement IRP cards?

In my above scenario, anyone has advice when can i expect to receive my citizenship approval letter?

request for members personal contact details removed by moderator!! Do NOT ask for contact details. Everyone here is a complete stranger and we have many scammers and spammers trawling the forum every day!

Leo99
Ireland

Post by Leo99 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:05 pm

Hey guys - there is an error when giving long first name in vetting form. What to do? Can I give it as middle name?

suvendudesigner
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by suvendudesigner » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:23 pm

Hello Team, I have a question regarding Citizenship E-Vetting. Today, I received the E-Vetting link, and in the online form, it's asking for my passport number. Here's the dilemma: When I filled out the form last year, I used my old passport details. Now that I have a new passport, should I update the information? Worried about potential data mismatch. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Fred13
Ireland

Post by Fred13 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:52 pm

freakfaizi wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:06 pm
Yes Fred13, I am also in exact similar shoes as you.

I applied in Jun/Jul 2022. Got acknowledgement in Nov 2022.

Got 1st Garda vetting in May 2023 and submitted it and disclosure viewed in June 2023.

Now today 8 Feb 2024, I got another e-vetting invite and saying below:

I emailed the department to ask, and this is what they replied

"If your query is in relation to an online application that has been submitted, please note once your application is initially assessed you will receive further notification from the Citizenship team. If we require further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your application we will contact you requesting it through the online portal. No further queries can be dealt with regarding your online application at this time.

For applicants that have already begun the application process via the old paper based system, you can continue to submit via the post. There is no need to re-submit your application."

so I am not sure what they mean, should i resubmit my e-vetting again or not do anything?

Another question, do we need GNIB card to attend citizenship ceremony or we can use driving license and passport is enough to suffice. Since my GNIB is lost and I am still waiting for them to send me the replacement card, not sure how long they take to submit replacement IRP cards?

In my above scenario, anyone has advice when can i expect to receive my citizenship approval letter?

request for members personal contact details removed by moderator!! Do NOT ask for contact details. Everyone here is a complete stranger and we have many scammers and spammers trawling the forum every day!
Thanks for the reply. Since you have not received the approval, so I guess you have still time to recieve your GNIB card, plus if you have any evidence that you are waiting to get your GNIB they might accept it (I am only guessing. I am not sure).

Also I noticed something strange that when I submitted my Garda application, it took a week to be processed but I never received any confirmation email saying "A disclosure has been made ..." instead I checked it online using my track number and I could see it online that the "Disclosure was viewed" so can I ask you if you have received a confirmation email about the "disclosure viewed" or you checked it online like me?