ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation timeline worries (Update)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Odd-Ordinary8417
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation timeline worries (Update)

Post by Odd-Ordinary8417 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:00 am

First of all thanks to everyone who commented on my previous post and here are some of the updates i received that might help inform applicants with applications submitted before august 2023.

i had biometrics taken on 21st July 2023 so still within 6 months period i understand. However i started feeling anxious because almost every new approval was from august applicants and even started seeing approvals for September applicants , even saw someone receiving reply from furthernationality with approval within couple of days even though they applied in September, which seems like HO skipped July for some reason.

I emailed Furthernationality in October and no response, so i emailed again yesterday and this time managed to get a reply

:!: "We are sorry for the delay in dealing with these applications which have been caused by an IT issue. We have reported the issue, will ensure it is resolved as soon as possible and will expedite completion of your application when it is resolved. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a specific time scale for completion at this time." :!:

So yes there seems to be an IT issue and not an issue of how they are dealing with applications. To me it seems like everyone who paid the new fee is getting response sooner than the previous ones.

The purpose of this post was to update everyone pre august and i understand we are all on the same boat here, so hopefully this will give you guys some clarification.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Naturalisation timeline worries (Update)

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:22 pm

We shouldn't generalise from one single case, people who applied in July got their approval and people who applied way before August this year are experiencing IT issues due to biometrics, so maybe that is your case, see british-citizenship/more-than-a-year-si ... 41869.html british-citizenship/loss-of-biometrics-t337859.html

We don't have enough information to establish there is a pattern, so I wouldn't rush to conclusions.

Try reviewing those threads and see if you can pursue an appropriate action for your case, as you note you are still within standard processing times.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Odd-Ordinary8417
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Odd-Ordinary8417 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:26 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:22 pm
We shouldn't generalise from one single case, people who applied in July got their approval and people who applied way before August this year are experiencing IT issues due to biometrics, so maybe that is your case, see british-citizenship/more-than-a-year-si ... 41869.html british-citizenship/loss-of-biometrics-t337859.html

We don't have enough information to establish there is a pattern, so I wouldn't rush to conclusions.

Try reviewing those threads and see if you can pursue an appropriate action for your case, as you note you are still within standard processing times.
you are right it would be wrong to establish a pattern from just my case but this post was made from what i have been seeing in the timeline megathread and the IT issue seems not apply to post august applications but yes i could be wrong

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:35 pm

We don't have full stats from all applicants and August applications will realistically be receiving the first batch of approvals in these weeks. The people who reported IT issues applied nowhere around July for this to be a time-related pattern. If the IT issue has been resolved this would be good overall. Keep a log of communications so you will be ready to use it should you need to escalate further, but for now not much more that can be done or reach a conclusion about the pattern of IT issues.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Odd-Ordinary8417
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Odd-Ordinary8417 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:41 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:35 pm
We don't have full stats from all applicants and August applications will realistically be receiving the first batch of approvals in these weeks. The people who reported IT issues applied nowhere around July for this to be a time-related pattern. If the IT issue has been resolved this would be good overall. Keep a log of communications so you will be ready to use it should you need to escalate further, but for now not much more that can be done or reach a conclusion about the pattern of IT issues.
Thank you for replying and to clarify i based my post on following approx stats from timeline megathread, out of last 2 recent pages, i saw 3 applicants from july and none of them got approvals yet based on their posts, however out of 19 posts on recent page, 13 approvals from august alone and before that even September too. i have been following the thread since my application. I hope everyone gets sorted soon but its just added hassle to go through extra ways like involving MPs and chasing HO so i pray they sort their IT issue soon. Goodluck everyone

toofunky2000
United Kingdom

Post by toofunky2000 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:07 pm

I have same timelines as some of yours in July - applied for naturalisation on 24-Jul and Bio on 07-Aug with my 3 children - all 3 were approved in Nov. However, I have received an email from HO on 28th Oct to provide 5 years residence details which I submitted same day. After that I have chased them thrice on my application but no response at all. So I am waiting patiently or impatiently, don't know.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:14 pm

Your six months started on the 7 Aug when the biometrics were submitted, so you are just past the 4 months mark. You supplied additional evidence as requested, the six months standard processing time period will end in Feb 2024, so it's too soon to follow up.

cattennis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cattennis » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:20 am

Odd-Ordinary8417 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:00 am
First of all thanks to everyone who commented on my previous post and here are some of the updates i received that might help inform applicants with applications submitted before august 2023.

i had biometrics taken on 21st July 2023 so still within 6 months period i understand. However i started feeling anxious because almost every new approval was from august applicants and even started seeing approvals for September applicants , even saw someone receiving reply from furthernationality with approval within couple of days even though they applied in September, which seems like HO skipped July for some reason.

I emailed Furthernationality in October and no response, so i emailed again yesterday and this time managed to get a reply

:!: "We are sorry for the delay in dealing with these applications which have been caused by an IT issue. We have reported the issue, will ensure it is resolved as soon as possible and will expedite completion of your application when it is resolved. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a specific time scale for completion at this time." :!:

So yes there seems to be an IT issue and not an issue of how they are dealing with applications. To me it seems like everyone who paid the new fee is getting response sooner than the previous ones.

The purpose of this post was to update everyone pre august and i understand we are all on the same boat here, so hopefully this will give you guys some clarification.

Same worry here. My application was also submitted in July but still under approval.
I've just received a reply from HO to my enquiry about application status : They've just allocated my application to a casework but they only deal with my application until your biometrics are taken'

I'm very concerned of their answer as I attended the biometric appointment in July.. not sure why they said ''until your biometrics are taken''

Seems they have IT issues as you mentioned

cattennis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cattennis » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:20 am

Odd-Ordinary8417 wrote:

Same worry here. My application was also submitted in July but still under approval.
I've just received a reply from HO to my enquiry about application status : They've just allocated my application to a casework but they only deal with my application until your biometrics are taken'

I'm very concerned of their answer as I attended the biometric appointment in July.. not sure why they said ''until your biometrics are taken''

Odd-Ordinary8417
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Odd-Ordinary8417 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:54 pm

[qoute]

[/quote]

This is what frustrates me now, seeing in the timeline a lot of people that applied after august get replies from furthernationality straight away even though home office said you wont get reply within 6 months. They seem to be losing biometrics from july for some reason.

Since you have recieved that email with mentioning of "biotmetrics" i would advise emailing UKCAS, i did that and got confirmation of biometrics email from them, then i forwarded that to furthernationality . Do that asap.

This IT issue is funny as its targeting a specific number of applications and rest are fine and to think that HO is asking applicants for biometrics after months again shows how lazy they are dealing with issue caused by their system, even though charging us over a grand for application. I pray and hope you get your reply soon. goodluck

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:00 pm

Odd-Ordinary8417
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Odd-Ordinary8417 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:03 pm

And this is the link to submit confirmation request from UKVCAS

you must have an account already made, they usually reply very quick

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/contact-us/general-enquiry

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:47 pm

cattennis wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:20 am
Odd-Ordinary8417 wrote:

Here are the contacts for UKVCAS:

UKVCAS help and support
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support

Users of the forum have collated some email addresses for UKVI (subject to change, worth trying them all, other members may add more)

furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

You could also try a SAR and see if you find out anything of value.

Keep in mind though that as you are still within the six months of standard processing time you may well just receive automated emails from UKVI. After then, you can try contacting your MP or you can submit a complaint following instructions here https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

cattennis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cattennis » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:55 pm

Odd-Ordinary8417 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:54 pm
[qoute]

This is what frustrates me now, seeing in the timeline a lot of people that applied after august get replies from furthernationality straight away even though home office said you wont get reply within 6 months. They seem to be losing biometrics from july for some reason.

Since you have recieved that email with mentioning of "biotmetrics" i would advise emailing UKCAS, i did that and got confirmation of biometrics email from them, then i forwarded that to furthernationality . Do that asap.

This IT issue is funny as its targeting a specific number of applications and rest are fine and to think that HO is asking applicants for biometrics after months again shows how lazy they are dealing with issue caused by their system, even though charging us over a grand for application. I pray and hope you get your reply soon. goodluck
[/quote]

Thanks for sharing the news. Which email of UKCAS did you use ? Appreciate if you can share it.

cattennis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cattennis » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:36 pm

cattennis wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:55 pm
Odd-Ordinary8417 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:54 pm
[qoute]

Thanks for sharing the news. Which email of UKCAS did you use ? Appreciate if you can share it.
[/quote]

I've just received the reply from UKCAS : I have checked your case and can see your Submission email was sent to you confirming your Biometrics and Documents were submitted to UKVI successfully.

TBH, I've no clue when the HO said that 'they only deal with my application until your biometrics are taken'

tstrassberger
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tstrassberger » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:08 pm

I applied in August 2022. Submitted biometrics in London 4 weeks after application at first available free appointment. I was told in February 2023, from Further Nationality Enquiries that all was proceeding without a problem, even though it was 6 months since application. In September 2023, I was informed that I needed to have my biometrics taken. I forwarded them proof from the UKCVAS that I had done it. I'm told there is an IT Issue and my application cannot go to a caseworker until this is resolved. We are now 16 months since my application, and still no news. Does anyone have any more advice? I've written once a month to FNE email, my MP got the same response of 'IT Issues'. Nationality Biometrics says they have 'chased the issue' but that was in early November and no further updates. I will write to the other email addresses I've found here. The UKVI complaint department also told me there is nothing that can be done! So frustrating.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:34 pm

It may not help, but have you tried a SAR? or if you did, did it reveal anything of notice?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:34 am

tstrassberger wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:08 pm
I applied in August 2022. Submitted biometrics in London 4 weeks after application at first available free appointment. I was told in February 2023, from Further Nationality Enquiries that all was proceeding without a problem, even though it was 6 months since application. In September 2023, I was informed that I needed to have my biometrics taken. I forwarded them proof from the UKCVAS that I had done it. I'm told there is an IT Issue and my application cannot go to a caseworker until this is resolved. We are now 16 months since my application, and still no news. Does anyone have any more advice? I've written once a month to FNE email, my MP got the same response of 'IT Issues'. Nationality Biometrics says they have 'chased the issue' but that was in early November and no further updates. I will write to the other email addresses I've found here. The UKVI complaint department also told me there is nothing that can be done! So frustrating.
Did you request for or were you told how to go about providing your biometrics again? A booking with UKVCAS or an appointment or arrangement made by ukvi for such?

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:29 am

Surely there should be away out of this. HO can’t just keep delaying the decision without explanation etc. I found this link that lists 6 things you can do in a situation like this. You can even consider taking the HO to court.
Third patry solicitor weblink removed by Moderator

barabimbarabom
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by barabimbarabom » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:46 pm

Eligibility: British spouse 5 year +ILR june2023
Nationality: non Eu Turkish
Language: B1 +Life In Uk
Method of application: online
Payment method:online
Date of application: 05/07/2023
Date of biometrics:11/07/2023 paid Croydon
The date on the Approval letter/Email: waiting
Date of receipt of ceremony letter: ——
Citizenship ceremony date:——-

Email : FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice 21/12/2023

Automatic Reply :21/12/2023

Please be advised that if you are seeking progress of your application for British citizenship and it has been with the Home Office for less than 6 months, we will be unable to provide you with any further information or give you an update of your application and you will not receive a reply. If we require further information from you the case-working team will contact you directly. :( :(

still no update… :( :(

Email : FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice
08/01/2024

No reply yet..

6 months have passed but there is no progress. I see on this site that even September and even October applications have been finalized. If anyone knows about this, please help.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:44 pm

Your six months mark expires in 3 days (from your biometrics appointment). You can chase with your MP next week and see if they get anywhere.

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:34 pm

Hi guys , I m in the same situation I’ve submitted and paid for my citizenship application on 3rd of July and biometrics on 31st of July ( from my understanding HO starts to count from the submission date and not from the biometric like some people says)

I have emailed them multiple times with no response
I have complained on the gov portal
My MP recently send HO an email trying to chase my application, nothing yet :(

Any applicants from July 2023 that have received an update?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:53 pm

Some people who applied in July have reported having been approved, see the main timeline thread, british-citizenship/naturalisation-appl ... l#p2143886 british-citizenship/naturalisation-appl ... l#p2142248 british-citizenship/naturalisation-appl ... l#p2140519

Six months processing times are just coming to an end for July applicants, hopefully this means more approvals are coming soon.

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:10 pm

HO It’s absolutely ridiculous

tstrassberger
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tstrassberger » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:21 pm

MuhammadM86 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:29 am
Surely there should be away out of this. HO can’t just keep delaying the decision without explanation etc. I found this link that lists 6 things you can do in a situation like this. You can even consider taking the HO to court.
Third patry solicitor weblink removed by Moderator
What are the six things to do? The link was removed so I can't see your suggestions.