ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years route to settlement - when will I be eligible for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bruce.wayne
Newly Registered

5 years route to settlement - when will I be eligible for ILR

Post by bruce.wayne » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:04 pm

Hi ,
My spouse and I have "Tier 2 (General) Migrant" and "Tier 2 Partner" visas respectively and the permission to be in UK for both of us is from
24th Nov 2020 to 09 Oct 2025.
In the vignette the entry visa was valid from 24/11/2020 to 22/02/21.
We both have entered UK on 24th Jan 2021.
I'd be obliged if you could please suggest when we will be eligible to apply for the ILR considering we abide by all other rules and are never away from UK .
If we consider our entry date i.e. 24th Jan 2021 to 09 Oct 2025(last day to be in UK as per the permission) it will be 105 (3 and a half months) days less from 5 years.
Thanks & Regards,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 5 years route to settlement - when will I be eligible for ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:36 pm

You both are eligible for ILR within 28 days of completing the 5 years, counting from first visa issue date
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

bruce.wayne
Newly Registered

Post by bruce.wayne » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:35 am

Hi Zimba ,
Thank you so much for the reply.
We have a doubt , the permission to be in the UK is till 09/10/2025 and the start date was 24/11/2020.
So counting from the first issue date the permission is ending 46 days before we complete the 5 years.
Even if we apply 28 days before completing 5 years that will be 26th Oct 2025 , after the permission to stay ends.
I'd be obliged if you could please suggest how we can go about this.
Thanks & Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:30 pm

The date of application is not important. See how you can apply early: How to apply early and benefit from the date of the ILR decision ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

bruce.wayne
Newly Registered

Post by bruce.wayne » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:21 pm

Hi Zimba ,
Thank you so much , it seems I can apply just before 09/10/2025 (may be on 8th Oct) when the visa expires and schedule the Biometric appointment after 26th Oct (within 28 days of 5 years completion of Visa start date).
I have a doubt , although it was discussed in the post you shared , if I want to get the priority service for the ILR for example getting the decision with in 5 days , can I avail that during application submission and the decision will be taken within 5 days of the Biometric.
Please do let me know if my understanding is correct.
Thanks & Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:55 pm

A visa processing service (like priority processing) has nothing to do with biometrics. You choose such a service before paying and submitting your application and that determines how fast your application is processed AFTER you enrol your biometrics. No application is processed UNTIL the biometrics are enrolled

bruce.wayne
Newly Registered

Post by bruce.wayne » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:35 pm

Hi Zimba ,
Thank you so much.
Thanks & Regards