ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Alternate for ILR / BRP Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WASSWA
Newly Registered
Uganda

Alternate for ILR / BRP Card

Post by WASSWA » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:14 pm

im in the same tricky situation and completely lost , I was granted indefinite leave back in 2017 and BRC was issue for non EU spouse which expires in 2027 , recently I applied for a job and got the offer then my employer asked for my resident status or share code etc , they couldn't accept I the card , so now I'm confused what do I do ??

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Alternate for ILR / BRP Card

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:17 pm

WASSWA wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:14 pm
im in the same tricky situation and completely lost , I was granted indefinite leave back in 2017 and BRC was issue for non EU spouse which expires in 2027 , recently I applied for a job and got the offer then my employer asked for my resident status or share code etc , they couldn't accept I the card , so now I'm confused what do I do ??
Why can't you get a share code ?

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work/ ... ode-online
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:46 pm

zimba wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:17 pm
Why can't you get a share code ?

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work/ ... ode-online
Making an educated guess here, but the OP may be talking of a BRC issued under the EEA Regulations, which would have lapsed after Brexit.
WASSWA wrote:
BRC was issue for non EU spouse which expires in 2027
To the OP, were you issued ILR under the UK Immigration Rules or Permanent Residence under EU law? If the latter, have you applied for Settled Status?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:26 am

That is a good point.
WASSWA wrote:
Were you issued PR under EEA regulations ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

WASSWA
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by WASSWA » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:46 pm

yes I was in 2017 , then all this brexit happened , to be honest with you I didn't pay much attention as I thought everything on my side was fine .

WASSWA
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by WASSWA » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:50 pm

My indefinite leave was issued via EEA regulation being a spouse of EU after five years.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:48 am

WASSWA wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:50 pm
My indefinite leave was issued via EEA regulation being a spouse of EU after five years.
PR was not ILR as ILR is a UK-only status and had nothing to do with EEA regulations. That was PR and you should have applied under EU settlement scheme to get settled status (ILR) under UK immigration rules. EEA regulations ceased to exist after 1st Jan 2021 and any status issued under those regulations is no longer valid. Moving the thread to the EU settlement scheme forum

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:15 am

So did you apply for EUSS?

I'm not sure if you have legal status in UK now.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

WASSWA
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by WASSWA » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:41 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:15 am
So did you apply for EUSS?

I'm not sure if you have legal status in UK now.
No I didn't that's what bothering me because in my opinion I was under the assumption I have indefinite leave to stay , bare in mind I have lived lawfully here for 20 years , never had an issue etc .
I have the original document Stating I have no time limit and can apply for neutralisation after a period of time if I wished and my card will have to be renewed every after 10 years , this is 2017 when it was issued

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:56 pm

The problem is that this original document was issued under EU laws and EU laws only. They are no longer valid right now, hence this is not applicable. You should've applied for EUSS (and maybe even do it now?)

See post2136467.html#p2136467 and subsequent links.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

WASSWA
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by WASSWA » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:04 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:56 pm
The problem is that this original document was issued under EU laws and EU laws only. They are no longer valid right now, hence this is not applicable. You should've applied for EUSS (and maybe even do it now?)

See post2136467.html#p2136467 and subsequent links.
that's what my intension is , wanted to understand what are my options to be honest. So in reality it feels like im here illegally.